+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

define

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hi,

I am posting to inquire how much is the current processing time taken by Vienna VO Office for Spouse PR Application?

Does anyone have their application processed recently through Vienna VO?

Myself applied in June 2023, no update after medical in Oct 2023.

Regards,
Define

LKtoCanadaPR

Jan 31, 2024
Hello! Just wanted to add my timeline here as well in case if it helps anyone. I think I have at least 4 months left to get to COPR, so checking this forum just to pass time till then :D.

Spousal PR Application - Outland
PA: Sri Lanka. Sponsor: Citizen

PR submission: June 1, 2023
AOR: August 1, 2023
Biometrics Request: September 11, 2023
Sponsor Approval: September 13, 2023
Biometrics Completed: September 20, 2023
Medical Request: December 27, 2023
Medical Submitted: January 10, 2024
Medical Passed: January 14, 2024
Background Verification: In Progress (I think it was updated to In Progress around October 2023)
Eligibility: In Progress (updated to In progress on November 2, 2023)

Good Luck!
Update: All green/completed and COPR number available on tracker from last week. Hoping for PPR by early April.

Reactions: BandR

LKtoCanadaPR

Jan 31, 2024
May I ask how long was it from the date everything was completed up to when your COPR reflected? Thanks.
Took only two days but all updates on tracker only. Portal background check and final decision still stays in progress/processing. I assume portal gets updated once the PPR is sent.

KristyJimoh33

Jan 13, 2024
Good evening everyone I just need someone to help me understand how I can log in to the pr status tracker. How can I get access to it I have tried but it's telling me we do not find your application ect. Help. I do have gckey account

ShielaMaeSenso

Jun 14, 2023
Good evening everyone I just need someone to help me understand how I can log in to the pr status tracker. How can I get access to it I have tried but it's telling me we do not find your application ect. Help. I do have gckey account
I had the same problem before but fortunately, I was able to figure it out by trying any combination as possible. What worked for me was using my UCI number and then Birth of Place. Try putting space after your entries too.

tripindiaa

Mar 25, 2024
I am a work permit holder in Canada and have sponsored outland spouse.

Application date: 14 Aug, 2023
AOR: 14 Sept, 2023
ADR: 14 Feb, 2024

Documents submitted. No update after that

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am a work permit holder in Canada and have sponsored outland spouse.

Application date: 14 Aug, 2023
AOR: 14 Sept, 2023
ADR: 14 Feb, 2024

Documents submitted. No update after that
You likely got confused. Unless you are a PR or citizen of Canada, you cannot "sponsor a spouse for PR" under family class sponsorship.

I think you probably mean that you applied for a spousal open work permit SOWP for your spouse that's outland.
Or you have included your spouse in your PR application.

Look at the foreign worker section of the forum. This discussion timeline doesn't apply to your application.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
A friend received the following email and wonders if it indicates a request for a passport. The Accra office have previously requested for numerous documents to verify the authenticity of their marriage which she has sent to them. However, she received the email below early this morning. Can you offer advice?

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, an interview is required. We are therefore pleased to advise that you are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

Date - June 27, 2024 I Time - 10:00am

Location: Visa Application Centre – The Manor Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla WAy, Lekki Phase 1 Lagos Nigeria

The purpose of this interview will be to determine your eligibility for admission to Canada. The following individuals are required to attend the interview. If any are absent, processing of your application may be delayed.

• XXXXX XXXXX
COVID SAFETY MEASURES:The Canadian High Commission has instituted strict safety measures to limit the spread and to protect against coronavirus. Below is some important information relating to these safety measures:

• It is important that you arrive on time for your interview. If you are late, your interview may be rescheduled for another date and time.
  • You will need to wear a face mask at all times.
  • You will undergo a covid screeningby the guards at the entrance (temperature check, screening questions).
    • If you fail the screening, your interview will be rescheduled for another date and time.
    • If you are admitted into the building, you will need to wash your hands beforehand and maintain social distancing and mask wearing at all times.
  • For your information, the High Commission has instituted strict cleaning protocols. All areas are regularly cleaned before and after applicants enter.
IMPORTANT: If you have covid-19 related symptoms or have recently tested positive for covid-19, we ask that you do not come to the Canadian High Commission. Instead, we ask that you notify us by e-mail to indicate that you cannot attend your interview, and a new date and time for your interview will be scheduled.

For more information on covid-19 related symptoms, please visit: www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/symptoms.html

Please make sure that all additional supporting documents must be submitted electronically to our office at least 7 days before the interview:

• Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship. Please do not submit duplicates of what has already been submitted.
  • Any other documents that you deem relevant to support your application.
You are encouraged to send any relevant supporting documents in advance to:

accraimminterviews@international.gc.ca

Documents not submitted prior to the interview may not be considered at interview.

INTERVIEW LANGUAGE AND INTERPRETERS:
Please note that interviews scheduled in Accra will be conducted in English or French, the official language of your choice. If you require an interpreter in any other language or dialect, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for an interpreter, including payment for his/her services. If you chose to bring an interpreter, you must advise our office (a minimum of 24 hours before the interview) beforehand by e-mail. Family, friends and acquaintances will not be accepted as interpreters. If you arrive at interview and the officer is unable to conduct the interview due to your inability in English or French or the absence of an interpreter, the interview will not take place. Your application may then be assessed based on the information on file, and this may result in an unfavourable decision.

RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE:If your sponsor has not already done so they may wish to consider paying the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga at this time. Please note that if no visa is issued to you, this fee is fully refundable.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND:

If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you do not appear for your interview on the date scheduled, and do not contact us on the date of the interview to explain why you have not appeared for interview, we will make a decision using the existing information on file.

PLEASE NOTE:
Do not give up employment, dispose of household effects or make travel or any other arrangement until you have received notice that you are accepted for immigration. There is no assurance at this stage that a visa will be granted to you.

Please bring this letter, any relevant supporting documents, and your passport with you when you appear for your appointment. A copy of this letter has been sent to your sponsor in Canada, if applicable.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section