+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Aah okay makes sense. I've just been trying to figure out how much longer it could be. This spreadsheet is the only one that gave hope that maybe it could be faster than a year. The mega spreadsheet, its been taking 5-6 months atleast for Pakistani's after medical, though it has very minimal data for Pakistani's in 2023. I haven't been able to find much information from July either.

So far, my timeline has been similar to the Pakistanis in the spreadsheet here, except some people got pre arrival letter before their medical, which i did not. My eligibility is still not started. My TRV has also been a month with no updates.

But ya, thank you for the spreadsheet and maintaining it.
5-6 months after medical?

But can you say for certainty when an applicant will get medical request? It's random. Initially I also felt it was 2 months, right after AOR.. Later, I noticed that every few months CIC likes to shake things up. So people started to get medical request a month before getting PPR!!!

Honestly...I was trying to predict and forecast based on everyone's timeline, but no more now. It's very random and chaotic, as criticized by Auditor General of Canada in their annual report on immigration application processing. They pick applications on random. When you ask them about criteria for anything, CIC will respond back (through your MPs office) literally whatever they want. For e.g, criteria to get TRV (for spousal PR applicants). Firstly it was AOR on your PR application. Then AOR + Sponsorship Approval. Then added Eligibility as well. Why not give TRV simply after stamping PR?

CIC performance is frustrating and shameless. CIC officers hide behind call centers and MP offices. But again, should I complain seeing applicants from Sep to Dec 2022 are still waiting for COPR??.....Perhaps not..

I just hope everyone's application get processed soon and they become one family again.

Reactions: Noorulabdeen

r4ngerer

Jan 17, 2024
GTA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
02-08-2023
AOR Received.
30-09-2023
Med's Request
13-01-2024
5-6 months after medical?

But can you say for certainty when an applicant will get medical request? It's random. Initially I also felt it was 2 months, right after AOR.. Later, I noticed that every few months CIC likes to shake things up. So people started to get medical request a month before getting PPR!!!

Honestly...I was trying to predict and forecast based on everyone's timeline, but no more now. It's very random and chaotic, as criticized by Auditor General of Canada in their annual report on immigration application processing. They pick applications on random. When you ask them about criteria for anything, CIC will respond back (through your MPs office) literally whatever they want. For e.g, criteria to get TRV (for spousal PR applicants). Firstly it was AOR on your PR application. Then AOR + Sponsorship Approval. Then added Eligibility as well. Why not give TRV simply after stamping PR?

CIC performance is frustrating and shameless. CIC officers hide behind call centers and MP offices. But again, should I complain seeing applicants from Sep to Dec 2022 are still waiting for COPR??.....Perhaps not..

I just hope everyone's application get processed soon and they become one family again.
I agree with you on that. Medical request is extremely random. But, from what I see, most people from Pakistan, with VO London, get medical request 2 months after their biometrics. But it is pretty random, hard to tell.

I guess no real point in trying to figure it out, I just hope the TRV gets accepted then... that policy doesn't seem to amount to anything either.

P.s, damn I didn't know we were supposed to attach sponsorship approval as well, I only attached AOR. If after eligibility, then its very late.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I agree with you on that. Medical request is extremely random. But, from what I see, most people from Pakistan, with VO London, get medical request 2 months after their biometrics. But it is pretty random, hard to tell.

I guess no real point in trying to figure it out, I just hope the TRV gets accepted then... that policy doesn't seem to amount to anything either.

P.s, damn I didn't know we were supposed to attach sponsorship approval as well, I only attached AOR. If after eligibility, then its very late.
DO NOT WORRY!!
like I said, CIC = Randomness 10X

I have read here that applicants have got TRV even without AOR, as recently as 2-3 weeks back. I won't doubt them. I hope you get both asap.

Reactions: r4ngerer

rprai24

Jan 7, 2021
Hello Everyone
I am Spousal PR outland applicant. On tracking I can see everything completed yesterday. Tracker shows copr number. On my GC portal it says : Final decision - January 18, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. I have not received my passport request yet . What is the meaning of above message in GC portal ?

imranahmed10

Jul 17, 2013
Hello Everyone
I am Spousal PR outland applicant. On tracking I can see everything completed yesterday. Tracker shows copr number. On my GC portal it says : Final decision - January 18, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. I have not received my passport request yet . What is the meaning of above message in GC portal ?
Congratulations.. your VO? And your timeline?

abff08f4813c

Feb 24, 2023
Tracker shows copr number.
Where exactly? Are you sure about this?

Almost all of the time, if you can see a CoPR number, then that means you've been issued a CoPR and it's on it's way. Which means that PR has been approved.

PR is not approved yet . What is meaning of Final decision - January 18, 2024:Your application is in progress. ?
It means exactly what it says it means - things are still in progress, no decision has been made.

The annoying bit here is that this isn't always up to date. I've heard of folks saying that they landed and everything but the tracker was still saying in progress for them.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

LKtoCanadaPR

Jan 31, 2024
Hello! Just wanted to add my timeline here as well in case if it helps anyone. I think I have at least 4 months left to get to COPR, so checking this forum just to pass time till then :D.

Spousal PR Application - Outland
PA: Sri Lanka. Sponsor: Citizen

PR submission: June 1, 2023
AOR: August 1, 2023
Biometrics Request: September 11, 2023
Sponsor Approval: September 13, 2023
Biometrics Completed: September 20, 2023
Medical Request: December 27, 2023
Medical Submitted: January 10, 2024
Medical Passed: January 14, 2024
Background Verification: In Progress (I think it was updated to In Progress around October 2023)
Eligibility: In Progress (updated to In progress on November 2, 2023)

Good Luck!

Mannycnd

Jan 31, 2024
It’s been more than 5 months to my Outland spousal sponsorship application for Canada. My timeline is -
Application submitted- 25 aug 2023

Got AOR- 19 oct 2023

Biometric request- 25 oct 2023
Medical request- 27 oct 2023
Sponsor’s eligibility approved- 27 oct 2023
Medical done-30 oct 2023
Biometric done- 31 oct 2023
Eligibility status shows processing from 15 dec 2023
Background status is showing- processing

An email got that my Application transferred to NDVO- 18 jan 2023

Thereafter No any updates
I should apply for TRV or wait for further Plz suggest …..

Mannycnd

Jan 31, 2024
Hello! Just wanted to add my timeline here as well in case if it helps anyone. I think I have at least 4 months left to get to COPR, so checking this forum just to pass time till then :D.

Background Verification: In Progress (I think it was updated to In Progress around October 2023)

Good Luck!
Did you get ur COPR? Any updates

Mannycnd

Jan 31, 2024

Good Luck!

Hey . Plz tell me ur updates. Did you get ur copr? It’s nd my timeline is almost same. Plz help

LKtoCanadaPR

Jan 31, 2024
Hey . Plz tell me ur updates. Did you get ur copr? It’s nd my timeline is almost same. Plz help
That was my latest status as i posted it today :) and as i said I think it will take about 3-4 months to get COPR.

Your timeline is bit different to mine (my VO transfer was back in October 2023 and yours was this month, and different VO as well). I assume it will take at least 3 more months for your COPR so best to apply for TRV and see if you're in a hurry. I didn't apply for TRV since I don't want to leave until May 2024 anyway.

Mannycnd

Jan 31, 2024
That was my latest status as i posted it today :) and as i said I think it will take about 3-4 months to get COPR.

Your timeline is bit different to mine (my VO transfer was back in October 2023 and yours was this month, and different VO as well). I assume it will take at least 3 more months for your COPR so best to apply for TRV and see if you're in a hurry. I didn't apply for TRV since I don't want to leave until May 2024 anyway.
[/QUOTE

Appreciate ur response .