+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

yekinney

Jul 19, 2023
Spousal PR Application - Outland
PA: Nigeria Sponsor: PR

PR submission: June 9, 2023
AOR: August 12, 2023
Sponsor Eligibility: August 15, 2023
Biometrics Request: August 28, 2023
File Transferred: Accra, Ghana
Sponsor Approval: September 13, 2023
Biometrics Completed: September 16, 2023
Medical Request: November 18, 2023
Medical Submitted: November 25, 2023
Medical Passed: November 28, 2023
Background Verification: November 25,2023
Additional document: January 5, 2024
Pre arrival: December 18, 2024
PA Eligibility: January 7, 2024
Final decision: January 17, 2024
Passport request: January 18, 2024
Approved/CPR : February 1, 2024
Passport return: February 2, 2024

avtarsran2801

Feb 4, 2024
Hi,
I applied for spousal sponsorship on Oct 10, 2023 (india)
Done with biometric and medical
Eligibility completed:- 27th January
Background verification:- in process
After that no response

TRV
Applied on 30 dec 2023
biometric previous used
Eligibility completed on 18th jan
No update after that

Can anyone tell when i should expect ppr in any of these files

avtarsran2801

Feb 4, 2024
Hi,
After that no response

TRV
Applied on 30 dec 2023
biometric previous used
No update after that

LKtoCanadaPR

Jan 31, 2024
Hi,
After that no response

TRV
Applied on 30 dec 2023
biometric previous used
No update after that

First of all you're in the wrong thread as this is mainly for June 2023 applications. Secondly no one can tell you when you can expect PPR as it is case by case basis. Some of our June applications still having Eligibility & Background In Progress while your 4 months later submission got eligibility cleared already. As you can see, its a very random process for every application. From what I've seen background verification takes the longest so it's based on luck at this point.

Last edited:

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
First of all you're in the wrong thread as this is mainly for June 2023 applications. Secondly no one can tell you when you can expect PPR as it is case by case basis. Some of our June applications still having Eligibility & Background In Progress while your 4 months later submission got eligibility cleared already. As you can see, its a very random process for every application. From what I've seen background verification takes the longest so it's based on luck at this point.
I guess s/he just wanted to rub in, that hey us October folks already waiting for PPR.... You June guys, still on eligibility...in progress forever?? Lol.

Ah CIC and their Billy Joe's. Don't know when they will grow up and for once, process docs in the order they receive.
By the way, you used a very euphemistic word to describe CIC process "random process". I beg to differ. In reality, its pure shit-show.

avtarsran2801

Feb 4, 2024
I guess s/he just wanted to rub in, that hey us October folks already waiting for PPR.... You June guys, still on eligibility...in progress forever?? Lol.

Ah CIC and their Billy Joe's. Don't know when they will grow up and for once, process docs in the order they receive.
By the way, you used a very euphemistic word to describe CIC process "random process". I beg to differ. In reality, its pure shit-show.
Hey visa officer, i was actually worried bcs both of my applications pr and trv are at same stage of background verification and trv is exceeded time limit given by ircc... just wanted to know that would i be able to meet my wife at our 1st marriage anniversary after 11 months

r4ngerer

Jan 17, 2024
GTA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
02-08-2023
AOR Received.
30-09-2023
Med's Request
13-01-2024
Hey visa officer, i was actually worried bcs both of my applications pr and trv are at same stage of background verification and trv is exceeded time limit given by ircc... just wanted to know that would i be able to meet my wife at our 1st marriage anniversary after 11 months
Ya man, I understand that feeling, but its very hard to tell. I applied for TRV mid december as well, for the same reason, wanting to meet up for 1st anniversary. But ya, my eligibility and background verification still in progress on the TRV and anniversary is in 3 days now so ya haha.

Sorry but no one can really say anything, you are applying from India though, which is usually faster, so hope you can get it in time. Your eligibility on both is done as well, so thats a good sign.

If your TRV has exceeded time, you could try contacting your MP regarding it.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Visa officer : "You should be glad that your application is going faster than others. And yes, you are not alone missing anniversary....there are many here who couldn't be together not only with their spouse, but also their child's birthday."

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I don't have hopes based on timelines from IRCC really but it would be nice if Billy comes back from holidays mood and start hitting that green button.
My wife isn't doing no job and has no employment history at all and no travel history in past 5 years. Though, I did attach AOR and SA letter to the application and hoping Mike gives it a consideration but you never know
So here is update on my spouse PPR.
We sent two webform inquiries but we had no response and then we sent direct email to the visa office to let us know about the next steps in the light of statuses on PR status tracker and gckey account. Also engaged MP last week but no response from MP office as yet and just today we got reply to the email we sent the VO along with the PPR. Not sure about the reason for delay but they confirmed application was finalized in December last year.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
So here is update on my spouse PPR.
We sent two webform inquiries but we had no response and then we sent direct email to the visa office to let us know about the next steps in the light of statuses on PR status tracker and gckey account. Also engaged MP last week but no response from MP office as yet and just today we got reply to the email we sent the VO along with the PPR. Not sure about the reason for delay but they confirmed application was finalized in December last year.
Do you know where to get email for visa office contact? I'm stuck with London.

Curious,they said your application was finalized in december? Does that reflect in your tracker?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Do you know where to get email for visa office contact? I'm stuck with London.

Curious,they said your application was finalized in december? Does that reflect in your tracker?
If you are looking for email address for london office, here it is: ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
For finalization, we did see an update on gckey account showing the decision date where background/eligibility is in progress however they changed to completed on tracker after two days.

LKtoCanadaPR

Jan 31, 2024
Hello! Just wanted to add my timeline here as well in case if it helps anyone. I think I have at least 4 months left to get to COPR, so checking this forum just to pass time till then :D.

Spousal PR Application - Outland
PA: Sri Lanka. Sponsor: Citizen

PR submission: June 1, 2023
AOR: August 1, 2023
Biometrics Request: September 11, 2023
Sponsor Approval: September 13, 2023
Biometrics Completed: September 20, 2023
Medical Request: December 27, 2023
Medical Submitted: January 10, 2024
Medical Passed: January 14, 2024
Background Verification: In Progress (I think it was updated to In Progress around October 2023)
Eligibility: In Progress (updated to In progress on November 2, 2023)

Good Luck!
Update:
After 2 ghost updates eligibility was completed last week. Only Background Verification remains now and hopefully get PPR next month.