+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ramschennai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
I'm now convinced my application will be returned. Curious, if I can reuse all the information filled in online and just change the needed documents, recompute the physical presence and quickly submit back?

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
I have question about linking Paper based citizenship application to GcKey account. Upon doing so, I cant find the grant of citizenship here as a sub category. It is just showing two category. 1) Proof of citizenship. 2) Search of Citizenship.

Can Anyone help?
Paper applications can be tracked either through ECAS:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
(note: not always updated)

Or if you have received an AOR through:
https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
(note: allow 2 business days after receiving AOR to have access to your status)

Last edited:

rose-nguyen

Jun 20, 2023
Mine same! I submitted my daughter’s PP and PR card and now thinking about the application being returned. I wonder why do they just accept it, and then ask us to send them the additional ID instead of wasting our time! :(

Reactions: kast29

rose-nguyen

Jun 20, 2023
Why they returning? as per site information one ID is sufficient with photo,

"
Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
  • permanent resident card (PR card)
    • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
  • a passport page containing their photo and personal details;
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided.
  • Note: If there is information on both sides of the identification document, photocopy both sides.
It's only indicated clearly for paper application instruction. For online application, if you uploaded the PP first, then there's no specific requirement regarding Canadian Government issuance. And when people upload the PR Card, it's still allowed to validate.

rose-nguyen

Jun 20, 2023
The online application asks for 2 id's in an order. When I chose the first one as PR card, it showed only other Canadian id's for the 2nd. But if I uploaded the passport first, I had options to upload any other ones for 2nd.

Re-reading the document requirements, I see if even one of them is a PR card, we need to have the other also a Canadian issued one.

I wish the online application catches all these while validating, we are just loosing time.
True though!

Online portal like a place where they test everything and if we do it wrong (because of their fault), it's just a waste of our own time. I'm so frustrating !!!

Reactions: kast29

yemanja79

Jul 14, 2023
I submitted my online application on June 6th (Ottawa resident) but no AOR yet. At what point should I raise a web-form, anyone know? Not sure if it's too soon to raise a web-form or not. Thanks.

Canadatalk

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
The online application asks for 2 id's in an order. When I chose the first one as PR card, it showed only other Canadian id's for the 2nd. But if I uploaded the passport first, I had options to upload any other ones for 2nd.

Re-reading the document requirements, I see if even one of them is a PR card, we need to have the other also a Canadian issued one.

I wish the online application catches all these while validating, we are just loosing time.
I believe someone nicely explained it here.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/when-applying-for-citizenship-identification-question.741575/
copied from this thread..
You are supposed to submit 2 pieces of ID.

What you can submit :

1. DL + PR card
2. Health Card + PR Card
3. Foreign Passport + DL
4. Foreign Passport + Health Card
5. DL + Health Card

What you CANNOT submit:

1. Foreign Passport + PR card, for example

You can show PR card as one of the ID documents but if you do that, the second piece of ID MUST be issued by the Canadian government. That's what they mean.