+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
What is the matter with IRCC?? I'm extremely frustrated!:mad:

I submitted my citizenship application in November 2022, and it was unexpectedly canceled in June 2023, despite successfully passing the background check.

I decided to reapply on June 11th, and I received the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) on July 12.

Today, I received an email from IRCC apologizing for the mishandling of my first application. They requested that I submit a new paper application and assured me it would be expedited.:oops:

In response, I informed them that I already have a new application submitted online, which also received the AOR. I kindly asked them to prioritize the processing of my online application.:)

However, their reply was a firm "NO!" They insisted on receiving a new paper application and promised to expedite its processing.:mad:

I firmly responded that I do not wish to submit a new application.:mad:

Since then, I haven't received any further communication.

Considering the current processing times, I believe my online application would be more advantageous compared to a new paper application, even if it were expedited.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
What is the matter with IRCC?? I'm extremely frustrated!:mad:

I submitted my citizenship application in November 2022, and it was unexpectedly canceled in June 2023, despite successfully passing the background check.

I decided to reapply on June 11th, and I received the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) on July 12.

Today, I received an email from IRCC apologizing for the mishandling of my first application. They requested that I submit a new paper application and assured me it would be expedited.:oops:

In response, I informed them that I already have a new application submitted online, which also received the AOR. I kindly asked them to prioritize the processing of my online application.:)

However, their reply was a firm "NO!" They insisted on receiving a new paper application and promised to expedite its processing.:mad:

I firmly responded that I do not wish to submit a new application.:mad:

Since then, I haven't received any further communication.

Considering the current processing times, I believe my online application would be more advantageous compared to a new paper application, even if it were expedited.
You are not the only one that experienced this inconvenience. I submitted online my first application end of April they returned it on May, I resubmitted my application for the second time and they returned it on June for the same reason. Their reason is they cannot verify my status prior to PR. Did not received any communication with them that clarifies why they cannot verify my status in Canada prior of obtaining PR.

If you will apply for a new one via paper, consider the day and money you are going to spend sending your application and filling up forms. However, you are the applicant its your choice, they just kind enough to compensate the inconvenience you had experienced.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
My application (2 adults 1 child) was returned for non submission of PR card of child but… it’s there. I see it in the print out etc of the application as well and I have screen shots of every submitted online page. .

question. I’ve resubmitted today do I now wait until approx 30 days for an AOR as though I’m a July applicant or are resubmissions on a different timeline?

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
They said missing pr card upload for minor but… it’s there lol.
Double and triple checked and it’s there. They have 60 days to resubmit so I resubmitted.
What do you mean by returned.. they sent it back? Why what's reason?

DDEEM

Jul 14, 2023
Is there anybody who sent the application before June 11th and has not received the AOR yet?

Thanks

IndTOcanda

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
They said missing pr card upload for minor but… it’s there lol.
Double and triple checked and it’s there. They have 60 days to resubmit so I resubmitted.
My Application was also returned with reason that identification document is required for minor applicant. I had submitted passport and PR card for my Son. They were like if you submit PR card as a ID proof then second ID must be Canadian. So I resubmitted application with PR carde and School ID card. and they accepted it.

If It may help

IndTOcanda

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
I have question about linking Paper based citizenship application to GcKey account. Upon doing so, I cant find the grant of citizenship here as a sub category. It is just showing two category. 1) Proof of citizenship. 2) Search of Citizenship.

Can Anyone help?

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
I submitted Pr and health card and it was returned

My Application was also returned with reason that identification document is required for minor applicant. I had submitted passport and PR card for my Son. They were like if you submit PR card as a ID proof then second ID must be Canadian. So I resubmitted application with PR carde and School ID card. and they accepted it.

If It may help

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
Thanks for the help.
May I ask though how long after resubmission did you get the AOR?

If It may help