+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

sarahurc

Mar 10, 2020
Had an in-person oath ceremony scheduled in Mississauga (50 minute Uber ride from where we live) for today, but too ill with the flu to get through it. Such a disappointment because it would have been fine if it was virtual or at least in Toronto. :(

Hopefully getting a new date doesn’t take too long.

TheCanadianBeast

Apr 20, 2023
Just got home.. still, nothing in the mailbox. Should we just email or call them?

Not sure buddy. I don't think they would say anything other than they've mailed out already. See this

B. B.

Yesterday at 10:57 AM
Just received my certificate now, my Oath was in 11th, when i called IRCC they mentioned its mailed out on 12th, but on the envelope it was mailed out on 17th... Mississauga office, best of luck all of you.

Vladmir

Jul 18, 2018
Hello All,

I would like to know, if Anyone from June-2022 applicant by Niagara Office is in Progress or about to complete the Whole Process.

My Time Line is below. Online Application.
1. Application Submitted online - 24th May-2022.
2. AOR - 31st May-2022.
3. Background Completed - 16 Nov-2022.
4. Test Given - 9 Dec-2022.
4. Citizenship Test Status Completed - 12 Dec-2022.

After this point, I have all other 3 things(PP, BV, and LS) are in Progress only, no update on Citizenship Ceremony at all.
NO Fingerprints request yet.

Is anyone here also facing same amount of wait without any update since almost 5.5 months now ?
same Boat as you

saifali_a95

Jan 8, 2021
Hello All,

I would like to know, if Anyone from June-2022 applicant by Niagara Office is in Progress or about to complete the Whole Process.

2. AOR - 31st May-2022.

After this point, I have all other 3 things(PP, BV, and LS) are in Progress only, no update on Citizenship Ceremony at all.

Is anyone here also facing same amount of wait without any update since almost 5.5 months now ?
I am in the same boat.

Reactions: Saurabh_Trivedi

Mrnassaro

Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

2. AOR - 31st May-2022.

Same. My timeline is in my signature

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hello All,

2. AOR - 31st May-2022.

In the same, my wife's application too. Application date June 28, 2022; test completed December 10, 2022; even without background check complete, and no request for anything else.

cancit23

Aug 23, 2022
Anyone here waiting for the oath invite more than 6 months after completing the citizenship test?
in this website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html it says that
In most cases, the ceremony takes place 4 to 6 months after you pass the citizenship test.

If you passed the test and don’t receive the ceremony invitation within 6 months

• your application may be non-routine
  • we may need more information, documents, or time to review your application
I havent received any communication from them since the test , which was completed in Sep 2022 except everything updated to "complete" on Mar 7. No FP request, no more documents asked.
Do I need to contact someone at IRCC regarding this? Pls advice.
I finally received my oath request for Jun12. I had to send out a webform asking them to process the application urgently. 5 days later my oath was scheduled. Happy to see light at the end of the long tunnel.

Reactions: becca545

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I finally received my oath request for Jun12. I had to send out a webform asking them to process the application urgently. 5 days later my oath was scheduled. Happy to see light at the end of the long tunnel.
Did you provide a reason for urgent application processing?

t3garg

Sep 27, 2018
In the requirement for applying for passport, they asked for sending "any valid Canadian passport or other travel document (refugee travel document or certificate of identity) issued to you"
Does that mean I have to send my original current passport? I don't have a Canadian passport.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
In the requirement for applying for passport, they asked for sending "any valid Canadian passport or other travel document (refugee travel document or certificate of identity) issued to you"
Does that mean I have to send my original current passport? I don't have a Canadian passport.
Canadian travel document only if you have any.

Reactions: t3garg