+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

416Newbie

May 16, 2023
Hi everyone. I’ve been watching this thread for sometime. I’ve been wondering what happened to my application too, and wondered if an officer left and their work is just sat somewhere collecting dust. Here’s my TL:

Single application: online
AOR: June 10, 2022, Sydney NS
Background verification completed: November 24, 2022
Prohibitions, physical presence and Language skills all showing: In progress (and had been since November 24)
Ghost update: March 2, 2023

I don’t know why nothing is moving forward. I don’t need to do the test because of my age, so I would have thought my application would have been fairly straight forward. I had more than enough days residence to qualify to apply for citizenship. Even when I moved and updated my information I didn’t even get an acknowledgment so don’t know if my file has been updated. I also applied for ATIP and not heard anything. If anyone has any incite to this I would be most grateful.

shirin1313

Jul 5, 2019
Its weird since we both are living together with almost same Information Infact we worked in the same organization for 2.5 years LOL :)
yes, exactly the same as us, I actually send screenshot of your message to my husband because I thought my husband created an account here to follow up on my proccess, lol

• Haha
Reactions: furrukhrao

shirin1313

Jul 5, 2019
Hi everyone. I’ve been watching this thread for sometime. I’ve been wondering what happened to my application too, and wondered if an officer left and their work is just sat somewhere collecting dust. Here’s my TL:

Prohibitions, physical presence and Language skills all showing: In progress (and had been since November 24)

I don’t know why nothing is moving forward. I don’t need to do the test because of my age, so I would have thought my application would have been fairly straight forward. I had more than enough days residence to qualify to apply for citizenship. Even when I moved and updated my information I didn’t even get an acknowledgment so don’t know if my file has been updated. I also applied for ATIP and not heard anything. If anyone has any incite to this I would be most grateful.
seems like your case looks like mine although my BG was finished Dec5 and I do need to do the test, my last ghost update was March 2nd,., I think same officer may had both of our files and now both are staleld or something :( have you called to check which office you are? mine is Sydny office.

Reactions: 416Newbie

wazzathelad

Jun 23, 2022
last update, so i got my certificate in the mail today, i took me oath on the 11th of this Month. I suppose this is the end of my journey on here and its time to say my goodbyes and ialso goodluck to everyone. and dont forget NEVER TRUST A TORY.

t3garg

Sep 27, 2018
last update, so i got my certificate in the mail today, i took me oath on the 11th of this Month. I suppose this is the end of my journey on here and its time to say my goodbyes and ialso goodluck to everyone. and dont forget NEVER TRUST A TORY.
Which office did you get the oath invitation from? I did my oath on the 11th as well, invitation came from Calgary office.

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
Anyone here waiting for the oath invite more than 6 months after completing the citizenship test?
in this website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html it says that
In most cases, the ceremony takes place 4 to 6 months after you pass the citizenship test.

If you passed the test and don’t receive the ceremony invitation within 6 months

• your application may be non-routine
  • we may need more information, documents, or time to review your application
I havent received any communication from them since the test , which was completed in Sep 2022 except everything updated to "complete" on Mar 7. No FP request, no more documents asked.
Do I need to contact someone at IRCC regarding this? Pls advice.
I gave test Nov 7th - still waiting for oath.

wife gave test Nov 17th - still waiting -

it’s a team you ain’t alone lol

• Wow
Reactions: cancit23

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022

I got AITP after 1 month ,
My wife got her’s after 40 days

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
seems like your case looks like mine although my BG was finished Dec5 and I do need to do the test, my last ghost update was March 2nd,., I think same officer may had both of our files and now both are staleld or something :( have you called to check which office you are? mine is Sydny office.
My file is in Missisauga , my wife’s is in Niagara Falls - we both got a ghost update on March 2 like most of the people here - no one knows how the hell these people work - you guys are in NS - looks like ghost updates come from some centralized system in batches - I love doing the guess work lol