+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

shirin1313

Jul 5, 2019
i am in the same boat. i applied in june 2022 and my file stuck after fingerprints request. my background in not even compeleted yet :(

• Jan 2, 2023

Fingerprint results: Received
    We received your fingerprint information on January 2, 2023 and will review them shortly. Thank you!
  • Dec 6, 2022

Fingerprints required
    Background verification
    We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • Jun 21, 2022

Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Seems like it's just you and me from June 2022 boat :( I wan't ask to do finger print. Mine was still valid. Do you know where your office is? I called and they told me my office is Sydny :(

dmtrmrv

Feb 20, 2023
Got an update that my oath is scheduled for May 24th, yay! Almost exactly a year since I sent the application.

Jun 07, 2022 — Application Sent
Jun 14, 2022 — AOR
Nov 25, 2022 — Background verification Complete
Jan 20, 2023 — Citizenship In Progress
Jan 27, 2023 — Citizenship Test Scheduled
Feb 14, 2023 — Citizenship Test Complete
May 4, 2023 — LPP marked Completed
May 11, 2023 — Oath Scheduled for May 24th.

Gambron

May 14, 2023
Hello friends. I applied for citizenship on April 2022 and I took the citizenship test on the November. I received an Email from IRCC which informed me the the result ( 17 out of 20 ) but I have not received yet any official result , my status has not change and also is not updated, on the other hand, the citizenship test option is still shows me ( in progress ) and only the option of background verification has completed. I am wondering if it is normal ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello friends. I applied for citizenship on April 2022 and I took the citizenship test on the November. I received an Email from IRCC which informed me the the result ( 17 out of 20 ) but I have not received yet any official result , my status has not change and also is not updated, on the other hand, the citizenship test option is still shows me ( in progress ) and only the option of background verification has completed. I am wondering if it is normal ?
You can drop an email to the email address you got the test invite from and ask for an update. Also you should be calling IRCC to ask abt the test completion if you don't receive response on the email.

Gambron

May 14, 2023
this is my detail
Type: online application
Physical Presence Days: 1114
Application: applicant
Application sent: 10st April 2022
Delivered: on 19nd April 2022
AOR: 17th May 2022
Background verification completed on 27th Oct 2022
Test Invite Update on Profile - 25th Oct 2022
taking the Test - 29th Nov 2022
All my status except the Background verification : in progress

Gambron

May 14, 2023
You can drop an email to the email address you got the test invite from and ask for an update. Also you should be calling IRCC to ask abt the test completion

thank you for your answer. I tried to call but it was difficult because the answering machine told me there are high volume of case and the agents could not answer. and also I do not have Email address to send message may you please to give me ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
You can drop an email to the email address you got the test invite from and ask for an update. Also you should be calling IRCC to ask abt the test completion

thank you for your answer. I tried to call but it was difficult because the answering machine told me there are high volume of case and the agents could not answer. and also I do not have Email address to send message may you please to give me ?
Every processing office has a separate email. You cannot just send it to a random one. You gave test without email?

Gambron

May 14, 2023
Every processing office has a separate email. You cannot just send it to a random one. You gave test without email?
Yes I gave the Email and I found it . You mean should be asked to that office by Email. thank you for your advice my friend. I’ll do that and will share to other friends.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes I gave the Email and I found it . You mean should be asked to that office by Email. thank you for your advice my friend. I’ll do that and will share to other friends.
Yes as that email address is responsible for test and you should get response for any queries related to your test.

wazzathelad

Jun 23, 2022
Anyone took the oath on the 11th has an update on their certificate ? I got to go down to yank land end of this month and wondering if I’d need an eta to return

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
If your file is still in Sydney, then it was likely flagged for something and the application is now considered non routine. I'm in the same boat. AOR June 2, 2022 and I didn't receive one single update. Filed an ATIP and received my GMCS notes and found out my file was transfered to Program Support in Sydney because of some confusion over my country of birth. Once a file is in Program Support, you may as well add 2 years before they even begin processing your file.
Not sure this is true. My secondary office is scarborough and primary office is Sydney. I got my gcms notes last month and there was nothing about program support. It simply said LPP has been assigned to Sydney office. Scarborough office sent me my test and my bg cleared in November. It’s possible some people have Sydney as their primary office due to workload.

Maxluis15

May 14, 2023
Seems like it's just you and me from June 2022 boat :( I wan't ask to do finger print. Mine was still valid. Do you know where your office is? I called and they told me my office is Sydny :(
We are on the same timeline, (Citizenship Test Complete - November) we have not received any new updates or information. I will try to ask if our file has been transferred to secondary office.