+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 SDS applicants for Fall 2021 intake!! Gather Here, share your timelines!!

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
and i totally see why the strict screening because one gets to stay permanently after. I have one refusal too sadly but i will try again.
We need to understand Canada gets lot of applicants who submit fraudulent documents and also overstay visa's. The problem is they are putting everyone in that basket if your profile looks weak. Its a subjective process so where you apply from makes a big difference as well. One needs to just wish that the VO reviewing your file does so with due diligence and see's the sincerity through your past records and future intensions.

Reactions: Aesopzai and Sblue

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Seriously, everyone has 25k cad stuck in that country since ages and they are not giving up the results. Even, intakes for Europe has gone now..as someone gets refusal in Canada at least they can try in Europe or Usa. Now, they have given everyone bvl making people hope that everyone will get ppr but that's not the fact. That's a disgrace how they are working. I have one friend of mine who got bvl on 17th may and this is 14 June almost 30 days still no clue what will happen. people have jobs to quit, plan 2nd dose vaccination, plane tickets are not done and during Aug plane tickets are as high as 2k dollars. Covid is a shit excuse now..as UK , AUS applications and medicals are already held everywhere in India. I sound frustrated but hell ya I m.
I heard that they ll be very efficient this time bcoz of covid their economy has gone down and they want students to come to Canada so they ll process their applications at a faster rate...

Reactions: kk417

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
We need to understand Canada gets lot of applicants who submit fraudulent documents and also overstay visa's. The problem is they are putting everyone in that basket if your profile looks weak. Its a subjective process so where you apply from makes a big difference as well. One needs to just wish that the VO reviewing your file does so with due diligence and see's the sincerity through your past records and future intensions.
Yeah, that's the problem. They think our study visa application as immigrant applications. Hence, most of the deserving people get refused even if they don't wanna work n stay in Canada after sudy. yes, UK could have been better however ( they are are quite racist and too much crime rate in London ) . However, now waiting game is going on.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Yeah, that's the problem. They think our study visa application as immigrant applications. Hence, most of the deserving people get refused even if they don't wanna work n stay in Canada after sudy. yes, UK could have been better however ( they are are quite racist and too much crime rate in London ) . However, now waiting game is going on.
I have studied in London, UK before. Honestly, racism exists everywhere if you are from a third world country. However, I never was threatened or bullied for being an Asian. I had some great friends there. Weather is not as bad as Canada as well and also distance and travel wise is very good if you intend to travel around Europe. If your intension is only to study and not worry about migration, you should research options in European countries.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I heard that they ll be very efficient this time bcoz of covid their economy has gone down and they want students to come to Canada so they ll process their applications at a faster rate...
I don't think so. They have millions of dollars sitting in remittance internationally in form of fees and GIC. The longer it sits in banks, the more opportunity they have for reinvestments and getting high interests. They have made very little efforts infact to change anything. They keep introducing new programs when they are not even capable of handling even the existing ones.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
H
I don't think so. They have millions of dollars sitting in remittance internationally in form of fees and GIC. The longer it sits in banks, the more opportunity they have for reinvestments and getting high interests. They have made very little efforts infact to change anything. They keep introducing new programs when they are not even capable of handling even the existing ones.
Hmmm..true .. but I just said what I've heard from different people and it's just one of the factors.

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I don't think so. They have millions of dollars sitting in remittance internationally in form of fees and GIC. The longer it sits in banks, the more opportunity they have for reinvestments and getting high interests. They have made very little efforts in fact to change anything. They keep introducing new programs when they are not even capable of handling even the existing ones.
That's how an economy works. They have millions of dollars of fee in their Canadian bank they can easily invest for 3 months and return that money back to owners. Even after rejection, we have to bear a loss of around 1k dollars due to money exchange. In respect of racism, UK is really bad and you don't want me to talk about Aus. USA is quite cool however shootout is really normal these days and living expense is too much out there. I agree with the travel part with Europe. However, with Canada, though they have a migration policy people should understand that getting a job without reference is quite hard out there. You need Canadian exp plus you will be starting from scratch. In 5 years time, you will be down with debt due to a house loan, car loan and ya medical is not free. you have to pay huge taxes and eye and dental is expensive as hell. I rather think getting a good degree and working in home country is much more a good idea. you can get a good pay package and you already have a home out here ( not talking about people who sell everything for visa ).

Reactions: Aesopzai

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
just an update to fellow SDS guys : I called them up today about my application and I received bvl on 28th. I asked about the status and eligibility like did I pass or not and the agent replied they are still working on my application ( due to travel restriction currently they arent working with Indian applications yet ) hence he was like if they need anything extra they will mail me other then that they are still working on my application .

Phone app used : textme
waiting time : 40mins
I called them at 6 30 pm IST ( 10 am ottawa Canadian time approx )

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
just an update to fellow SDS guys : I called them up today about my application and I received bvl on 28th. I asked about the status and eligibility like did I pass or not and the agent replied they are still working on my application ( due to travel restriction currently they arent working with Indian applications yet ) hence he was like if they need anything extra they will mail me other then that they are still working on my application .
Hey thanks for the update. What travel restrictions are they talking about? SDS applications from India are processed in Ottawa so what happens in India should not impact them. Just another excuse in my opinion.

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Hey thanks for the update. What travel restrictions are they talking about? SDS applications from India are processed in Ottawa so what happens in India should not impact them. Just another excuse in my opinion.
well the guy seem really polite and I guess they haven't touched our applications yet. they have just sent the bvl because its mandatory like acknowledgement. so yea we are back square to one.

Mabe211

Jun 12, 2021

There is visa office name on BVL.
From where you got bvl and where and when you applied.

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
There is visa office name on BVL.
From where you got bvl and where and when you applied.
I got the bvl from Ottawa office. however, you don't get to choose which office agent you wanna talk to.

I applied on 21st may.
meds on 25th may
bvl on 28th may

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
That's how an economy works. They have millions of dollars of fee in their Canadian bank they can easily invest for 3 months and return that money back to owners. Even after rejection, we have to bear a loss of around 1k dollars due to money exchange. In respect of racism, UK is really bad and you don't want me to talk about Aus. USA is quite cool however shootout is really normal these days and living expense is too much out there. I agree with the travel part with Europe. However, with Canada, though they have a migration policy people should understand that getting a job without reference is quite hard out there. You need Canadian exp plus you will be starting from scratch. In 5 years time, you will be down with debt due to a house loan, car loan and ya medical is not free. you have to pay huge taxes and eye and dental is expensive as hell. I rather think getting a good degree and working in home country is much more a good idea. you can get a good pay package and you already have a home out here ( not talking about people who sell everything for visa ).
So so true..

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021

This is a strange thing they have mentioned .. aren’t applicants from Pakistan getting decisions ? And Pakistan is also affected by travel restrictions .. the folks at IRCC truly work in mysterious ways

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
This is a strange thing they have mentioned .. aren’t applicants from Pakistan getting decisions ? And Pakistan is also affected by travel restrictions .. the folks at IRCC truly work in mysterious ways
Files from Pakistan go to Abu Dhabi and currently the restrictions overall in UAE are very relaxed and 100% back to office. SDS files from India go to Ottawa and regular ones are in Delhi & Bangalore. But seems like they are holding all the files irrespective of the office for Indian applicants.

Probably finding water in a desert is easier than decode how IRCC works ;-)