+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 SDS applicants for Fall 2021 intake!! Gather Here, share your timelines!!

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Got 2nd BVL (got 1st BVL in 1st visa attempt) today also review of eligibility started. Medical is still not updated. Is this where the process stops now? Is it normal to get BVL before medical? Last time I didn't get a medical request and got BVL and refusal on the same day. Details in signature.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Got 2nd BVL (got 1st BVL in 1st visa attempt) today also review of eligibility started. Medical is still not updated. Is this where the process stops now? Is it normal to get BVL before medical? Last time I didn't get a medical request and got BVL and refusal on the same day. Details in signature.
This seems to be a ongoing trend with applicants applying for the second time. BVL's are being sent within a week mostly without medicals being updated.

Reactions: altctrdelighted

Sblue

May 19, 2021
what did you gcms say in the first refusal?

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
what did you gcms say in the first refusal?
These were the reasons in my refusal.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).

I ordered GCMS notes and this is what it contained:
- Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable; See LOA.
- Insufficient proof of financial status; I have concerns regarding applicant's ability to support self and studies in Canada; see proof of funds on file.
Therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused.

• Sad
Reactions: Sblue

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
I reapplied on 11th may. My medicals got updated on 14th May along with BVL and review also started. But there are 3 entries on BVL on gckey and they are same documents. Anyone with same status?
Is it an indication of anything to receive medical and BVL together?
3 entries of BVL might be technical glitch or someone else also received like this?
No updates after that

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
I reapplied on 11th may. My medicals got updated on 14th May along with BVL and review also started. But there are 3 entries on BVL on gckey and they are same documents. Anyone with same status?
Is it an indication of anything to receive medical and BVL together?
3 entries of BVL might be technical glitch or someone else also received like this?
No updates after that
You got your BVL within 3 days of applying?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Posting my post across a few threads..so bear with me, in case you read the same post...

There are some troubling news articles that I am reading that indicate that IRCC is no longer looking at any application submitted after May 15th for the Fall 2021 intake , for example : https://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/canada-will-allow-students-those-with-work-visas-from-india-543262.html . Somewhere in the middle of the article it says that Canadian authorities are no longer considering any application submitted after May 15th. Now it could be somewhat of a leap of imagination of the article writer or it could be something we dont know. Problem is, no one knows for sure whether this is true. A lot of us are hoping that even though we submitted our so called "COMPLETED" applications in May/June (which includes BIL + BVL) , we are hoping we will get a decision , if not by Aug 6th then at least by end of August. The article indicates that even hoping for an Aug 2021 decision is futile. Comments please...

Reactions: Aesopzai

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Posting my post across a few threads..so bear with me, in case you read the same post...

There are some troubling news articles that I am reading that indicate that IRCC is no longer looking at any application submitted after May 15th for the Fall 2021 intake , for example : https://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/canada-will-allow-students-those-with-work-visas-from-india-543262.html . Somewhere in the middle of the article it says that Canadian authorities are no longer considering any application submitted after May 15th. Now it could be somewhat of a leap of imagination of the article writer or it could be something we dont know. Problem is, no one knows for sure whether this is true. A lot of us are hoping that even though we submitted our so called "COMPLETED" applications in May/June (which includes BIL + BVL) , we are hoping we will get a decision , if not by Aug 6th then at least by end of August. The article indicates that even hoping for an Aug 2021 decision is futile. Comments please...
I would say unless the article is written and published by IRCC on their forum, everything else is just a guessing game at this point. IRCC has not mentioned anywhere that they won’t process files submitted after 15th May, they just said that those submitted before that date may receive their decisions by August 6th.

Reactions: Aesopzai

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021

If you look at the official page on processing guidelines, it clearly says they will continue to process after 15th May but it won't be on priority and is likely to be delayed. By how much? No one knows. I wouldn't bank much on IRCC knowing how inefficient they have been since the pandemic started. Keep backup plans I would say.

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
I would say unless the article is written and published by IRCC on their forum, everything else is just a guessing game at this point. IRCC has not mentioned anywhere that they won’t process files submitted after 15th May, they just said that those submitted before that date may receive their decisions by August 6th.
Yeah, thats the only verifiable and documented fact and its on the IRCC site as well. The rest is open to interpretation...unless there is some information which these news writers have got from the source (Most likely not, they are just internet pen pushers like everyone else)

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
If you look at the official page on processing guidelines, it clearly says they will continue to process after 15th May but it won't be on priority and is likely to be delayed. By how much? No one knows. I wouldn't bank much on IRCC knowing how inefficient they have been since the pandemic started. Keep backup plans I would say.
Agreed, need to have a deferral plan ready in case nothing moves until July mid.