+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 SDS applicants for Fall 2021 intake!! Gather Here, share your timelines!!

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Applied - 4th June
Ghost Update - 5th June
BVL - 9th June
Upfront Medical - Not Updated

No update since then. I know 2 others from this forum who got a very quick BVL and was their second application. Anyone else in the same boat? It seems unusually quick.

Also once BVL received, I see mostly if rejections are sent within 24 hours. Has anyone noticed a rejection after few days as well after receiving BVL?
What's BVL & PPR? Dear plz tell me

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
what was your refusal reason as per GCMS notes?
These were the reasons in my refusal.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).

I ordered GCMS notes and this is what it contained:
- Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable; See LOA.
- Insufficient proof of financial status; I have concerns regarding applicant's ability to support self and studies in Canada; see proof of funds on file.
Therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused.

I couldn't get much information out of the GCMS notes but considering my past education, work ex, proposed course and age I can guess why. I think I have addressed the issue this time with a strengthened SOP which I hope will be read. Also applied via SDS and paid the 1st year fees.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
These were the reasons in my refusal.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).

I ordered GCMS notes and this is what it contained:
- Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable; See LOA.
- Insufficient proof of financial status; I have concerns regarding applicant's ability to support self and studies in Canada; see proof of funds on file.
Therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused.

I couldn't get much information out of the GCMS notes but considering my past education, work ex, proposed course and age I can guess why. I think I have addressed the issue this time with a strengthened SOP which I hope will be read. Also applied via SDS and paid the 1st year fees.
thanks for sharing, the gcms notes should be enough for getting a hint, wish you luck this time!

Reactions: altctrdelighted