+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

zuhkey

Mar 6, 2021
From your observation it takes 2-6 months starting when? Or after which stage?
I believe background check of the principal applicants starts when they move your application to another VO. In my case it's London VO but I didn't receive any email notifying us that London VO have received my application (this is what is called AOR2). We knew they were moving my appliction to London VO because that was stated in the Sponsor approval letter.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
I believe background check of the principal applicants starts when they move your application to another VO. In my case it's London VO but I didn't receive any email notifying us that London VO have received my application (this is what is called AOR2). We knew they were moving my appliction to London VO because that was stated in the Sponsor approval letter.
Do they do the background check of sponsor before approving SA? I think this one is my problem, no SA yet.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do they do the background check of sponsor before approving SA? I think this one is my problem, no SA yet.
Depends what you mean by background check - one check at this stage is whether the sponsor has taken social assistance.

Another that comes up - whether the sponsor (if a PR) is actually resident in Canada. Not to mention compliant with residency obligation.

And of course, criminal charges of the type that would make the sponsor ineligible.

Anyway, they can check the sponsor for all the types of things that would make them ineligible:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

Reactions: keys8014

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Depends what you mean by background check - one check at this stage is whether the sponsor has taken social assistance.

Another that comes up - whether the sponsor (if a PR) is actually resident in Canada. Not to mention compliant with residency obligation.

And of course, criminal charges of the type that would make the sponsor ineligible.

Anyway, they can check the sponsor for all the types of things that would make them ineligible:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html
My question is "Are there any certain days PR holder has to live in Canada to be eligible to sponsor the spouse"?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My question is "Are there any certain days PR holder has to live in Canada to be eligible to sponsor the spouse"?
My question is, why don't you tell us the situation rather than making us guess?

IRCC says PR sponsor has to reside in Canada. Definitely this means do not submit application while abroad. Beyond that, it means whatever IRCC wants it to mean, within boundaries of "resident in Canada, short trips abroad are okay."

There may be particular dates or times of processing when IRCC officer might check, but random and not under control of outsiders or easily predictable.

If you have received AOR or equivalent (biometrics, medical) and you want to know if there's concern about sponsor being out of Canada, order gcms notes - they may have relevant info.

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
My question is, why don't you tell us the situation rather than making us guess?

IRCC says PR sponsor has to reside in Canada. Definitely this means do not submit application while abroad. Beyond that, it means whatever IRCC wants it to mean, within boundaries of "resident in Canada, short trips abroad are okay."

There may be particular dates or times of processing when IRCC officer might check, but random and not under control of outsiders or easily predictable.

If you have received AOR or equivalent (biometrics, medical) and you want to know if there's concern about sponsor being out of Canada, order gcms notes - they may have relevant info.
I have not received SA yet. I have got AOR1 in September and then in October they requested to resubmit PCC which I did. Since then no update. My wife submitted an application while in Canada and she is still there. I don't know why it is taking too much time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have not received SA yet. I have got AOR1 in September and then in October they requested to resubmit PCC which I did. Since then no update. My wife submitted an application while in Canada and she is still there. I don't know why it is taking too much time.
Order gcms notes.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021

I meet all the eligibility requirements, still no SA. I provided employment letter and pay stubs.

I also ordered GCMS notes, just waiting for it

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Did you provide a CRA Notice of Assessment?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If your wife only recently relocated to Canada (before submission) they may be looking at the employment history and other factors. Only a guess.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
If your wife only recently relocated to Canada (before submission) they may be looking at the employment history and other factors. Only a guess.
This is likely the case since previous posts indicate that she was away since 2018, only lived in Canada for a total of a month before moving back in 2021, and sponsorship was sent in July 2021. Which is also why I was asking about NOA and what they sent for that. But yeah we're guessing at this point.

Reactions: armoured