+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Ours was received June 3rd as well. Good luck to all. Never thought in my life I'd be doing something like this with a spouse from abroad, but here we are!

I'm still feeling nervous that I might have forgotten to do something essential. But I checked our application like 10 times over before sending it, so just have to have faith it's done correctly. Looking forward to following you all to see how you progress!

zuhkey

Mar 6, 2021
Hey guys! my husband is about to send our application to Sydney. finally lol. Which shipping service in Canada is most effective based on your experience? Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys! my husband is about to send our application to Sydney. finally lol. Which shipping service in Canada is most effective based on your experience? Thank you!
If sending from within Canada , Canada Post is fine, tracking and signature if you want. If from abroad , ups works locally and provides tracking, some of the others do not (DHL for one). It is still pretty reliable but you may not get the tracking and receipt confirmation you think you are paying for, at least without some extra effort.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
IMO don't use DHL, we had a bad experience with them regarding the lack of tracking as @armoured mentioned. We used Fedex for round 2 and it was tracked to Sydney.

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
What DHL doesn't tell you is that once it arrives at the sorting facility in Ontario, they hand it off to the local DHL courier and the tracking # they provided for you originally no longer works, as they assign it a new tracking number. Not sure if it's the same process if it's inland. But outland, they do that.

We found this out the 'hard' way when we sent our application from Poland, and it mysteriously said "Delivery arranged. No further updates expected" once it arrived in Ontario. Nobody told us this was going to happen and I had to email DHL to get the new tracking number. Luckily they replied quickly and I was able to track it. But it left a very sour taste in my mouth that they did this and

a) did not tell us they would do this, and

b) they didn't bother to tell me the new tracking number. I had to follow up with them to get it.

Sounds like FedEx is the way to go, as it tracks from start to end. If I ever need to send something overseas again, I will definitely use FexEx.

Reactions: michalm

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
What DHL doesn't tell you is that once it arrives at the sorting facility in Ontario, they hand it off to the local DHL courier and the tracking # they provided for you originally no longer works, as they assign it a new tracking number. Not sure if it's the same process if it's inland. But outland, they do that.

We found this out the 'hard' way when we sent our application from Poland, and it mysteriously said "Delivery arranged. No further updates expected" once it arrived in Ontario. Nobody told us this was going to happen and I had to email DHL to get the new tracking number. Luckily they replied quickly and I was able to track it. But it left a very sour taste in my mouth that they did this and

b) they didn't bother to tell me the new tracking number. I had to follow up with them to get it.

Sounds like FedEx is the way to go, as it tracks from start to end. If I ever need to send something overseas again, I will definitely use FexEx.
Didnt u see the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks? Fedex package got delivered after 5 years being stranded on an island.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

UPS is also fine to Sydney.

All courier companies have parts of the world they do less well - but for some reason DHL doesn't advertise that their service in parts of Canada sucks. (They still deliver okay , they just don't provide much info)

michalm

Star Member
Jan 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Same exact thing happened to us. Using DHL to send from Poland. I called them and got the new tracking number.

Reactions: Huntingwhale

MS21

Jun 28, 2021
I have sent my application on June 3 and they got on June 9. How long it takes to get AOR. And who will get email first. My husband how is in India or me