Sumanik

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Can you share your timeline?
The date received was the 17th of June
Biometrics were done on the 3rd of Sept
Medicals were the 17th of Oct
Passport request was the 15th of November

I know that's not completely detailed but its what I can see from my G Key.

I hope it helps

akshaykhurana

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018

I hope it helps
Visa office?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021

I hope it helps
When sid you get pre-arrival?

akshaykhurana

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Updating my info:

Application Type: Outland - PA from Saudi Arabia

Application Received: 01 June 2021

AOR1: 29 July 2021

Sponsorship Approval: Not Yet

Medical Request: 29 July 2021

Biometrics Request: 28 July 2021

Biometrics Done: 29 July 2021

Application "In Process" on ECAS: 28 July 2021
Visa office?

Mr. Nuux

Jan 2, 2020
Our son's proof of Canadian citizenship application was received Aug 19 and my wife who is the applicant has done her medical evaluation a few days ago. Will immigration Canada put my wife's sponsorship process on pause until our son receives his Canadian citizenship certificate?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Our son's proof of Canadian citizenship application was received Aug 19 and my wife who is the applicant has done her medical evaluation a few days ago. Will immigration Canada put my wife's sponsorship process on pause until our son receives his Canadian citizenship certificate?
Did you send your spousal sponsorship application in June 2021?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They're really separate processes, shouldn't be a pause unless (speculating) something unusual or questionable in the citizenship app comes up.

Did you also apply for passport for the child? Or is the child already in Canada? (Which I'm guessing not but checking)

Mr. Nuux

Jan 2, 2020
They're really separate processes, shouldn't be a pause unless (speculating) something unusual or questionable in the citizenship app comes up.

Did you also apply for passport for the child? Or is the child already in Canada? (Which I'm guessing not but checking)
No our child is with us in Ethiopia, he's not Canadian yet. But what if my wife becomes a permanent resident before our child receives his Canadian citizenship certificate.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No our child is with us in Ethiopia, he's not Canadian yet. But what if my wife becomes a permanent resident before our child receives his Canadian citizenship certificate.
This thread has some more information and background:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-is-approved-but-no-answer-yet-on-proof-of-citizenship-for-our-kids.749829/#post-9815513

It's good you applied for the citizenship certificate, but you should apply for temporary passport. It'll be valid for a year or two, enough time to get back to Canada with the child.

It's done this way because the citizenship process takes fairly long and they can issue the passport on basis the kid is clearly a citizen (presumptive citizen).

Reactions: Mr. Nuux