+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Sumanik

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Don't worry about it, weeks updating addresses is lowest priority for ircc.
Thanks for the response. We are coming from the UK so only need to send a photocopy of the passport but won't we struggle to get the necessary paperwork to enter Canada if they post it to our old address? Surely this is done by courier and therfore the package can only be accepted by the person it's addressed to? I don't want IRCC to think we've been dishonest when I've been trying to tell them we've moved for months.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the response. We are coming from the UK so only need to send a photocopy of the passport but won't we struggle to get the necessary paperwork to enter Canada if they post it to our old address? Surely this is done by courier and therfore the package can only be accepted by the person it's addressed to? I don't want IRCC to think we've been dishonest when I've been trying to tell them we've moved for months.
I do not have direct experience with the London office but for all submissions through VFS that I have heard of, they will return to the address you specify when you submit, NOT just the address they have on file. (I'm a little unclear if eg UK passport holders in UK submit through VFS or direct to the immigration office, seem to recall that some other EU countries covered by london may just submit by post)

Anyway I'd assume they return to the address you specify but can't say for certain. In some cases/countries where submitted directly you have to provide the return envelope prepaid usually by courier - but I haven't had to do that - and I wouldn't assume that it's always by courier, they could use the post.

Some of this should be in your PPR instructions, I should think anyway.

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
I sent my application package in mid of June by DHL. DHL confirmed the delivery. Up to now, I haven't rcvd anything correspondence, eg., AOR or SA. etc.... I tried the web enquiry but only got the automated reply message "If you are not in the priority list, just keep waiting etc.."
Does anyone has the same situation? Should we call the enquiry hotline.
Unfortunately calling won't help as they are still online taking calls regarding the situation in Afghanistan. I received AOR 2.5 months ago and nothing since, I called a couple times and the agent let me know that they are not allow to look at the file at this time.

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
I sent my application package in mid of June by DHL. DHL confirmed the delivery. Up to now, I haven't rcvd anything correspondence, eg., AOR or SA. etc.... I tried the web enquiry but only got the automated reply message "If you are not in the priority list, just keep waiting etc.."
Does anyone has the same situation? Should we call the enquiry hotline.
Did you send to the right address? Sydney? If yes, you have to wait and be hopeful. I sent my first application to Mississauga . I realized after a few weeks when I had not received correspondence. So I called IRCC and they confirmed I sent it to the wrong address( inland application). I asked for an advice and they mentioned I resend a new application to the correct address and attach a letter of explanation ( so I don’t get penalized for two applications). I resent my application in July and I’ve gotten AOR 1, SA, AOR 2( my file was forwarded to a visa office) and they have started processing my application.

but if you sent it to the right place, just relax and wait…some ppl don’t get the AOR but they still get approved. As long as you filled everything right, you should be fine! Goodluck

Prabh010

Nov 8, 2017
Hello,

We have now received the request for my partner's passport. We're really excited but have a concern. We moved house months ago and I have submitted the Web form notifying IRCC letting them know our address has changed several times now. I've done this for both the visa office in London and the general form in case our application was still in Sydney. However, I've had no communication about this and Ecas still shows our old address.
Can you share your timeline?

rcytsang

Aug 30, 2021
Did you send to the right address? Sydney? If yes, you have to wait and be hopeful. I sent my first application to Mississauga . I realized after a few weeks when I had not received correspondence. So I called IRCC and they confirmed I sent it to the wrong address( inland application). I asked for an advice and they mentioned I resend a new application to the correct address and attach a letter of explanation ( so I don’t get penalized for two applications). I resent my application in July and I’ve gotten AOR 1, SA, AOR 2( my file was forwarded to a visa office) and they have started processing my application.

but if you sent it to the right place, just relax and wait…some ppl don’t get the AOR but they still get approved. As long as you filled everything right, you should be fine! Goodluck
Thanks for your reply.
I sent to the SYDNEY office. I checked the excel progress file that 85% cases rcvd. the AOR. It supposes not take long to process the SA and AOR #. etc.. if the IRCC rcvd. the file.

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Got the AOR today. Yay! :D

Application was received on June 17, meaning 141 days wait for AOR.

I feel like we were the group of people at the airport that got chosen for an “additional screening”…

No biometrics yet, but at least I can go back to the waiting room with some assurance that the application was complete enough to proceed.
Does AOR take this long? This is weird...You applied since June...What will happen to me then...My application was received November 9th..

Avani15

Apr 13, 2021
Is there any document/authority that can prove that the sponsor has not availed social assistance/EI?
Our file is undergoing social assistance check, but there has been no movement on the file since more than 2 months now. So we are looking to proactively submit some proof that we've not availed any social assistance

BEHBOK09

Nov 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if anyone, or if you know someone, who has a similar situation as us. My wife is the principal applicant and me and our 5-year old son are the dependents. Wife and I are currently in Canada and our child is in the Philippines. We already received the request for PR confirmation, and in the email from IRCC it asks us if a dependent is outside Canada and we did tell them about our child. We got a reply for the COPR link and it's just me and my wife in there. Will our son receive a PPR instead? and if so, anyone knows how we'll receive it and how long will be the wait?

Thanks a lot!

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Got a request yesterday to send an additional police certificate for our application ( from Poland). Thankfully the process to acquire the PC was relatively painless and only took 10 minutes! Getting it translated today and hopefully upload it to our account by next week. Hopefully that means things are progressing on our file.

Reactions: armoured

akshaykhurana

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Got a request yesterday to send an additional police certificate for our application ( from Poland). Thankfully the process to acquire the PC was relatively painless and only took 10 minutes! Getting it translated today and hopefully upload it to our account by next week. Hopefully that means things are progressing on our file.
When did you get medical request?

Last edited: