+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Nov 10, 2021
Hi Guys, I have this very big confusion built in my mind

- Sponser is Canadian Citizen, I am an applicant, I am in India currently.

- Application received on June 10
- Got AOR on Nov 3
- Medical Passed on Nov 3

I didn't link my account with GcKey until Nov 9th (They sent an email to link it and then we linked it)

Using Service3 to get updates . Following are the updates-

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 10, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on November 8, 2021.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you a letter on November 9, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Don't know what this letter will be about. Anyone else saw this on their application ever.?

Responses will be appreciated. Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

- Got AOR on Nov 3

I didn't link my account with GcKey until Nov 9th (They sent an email to link it and then we linked it)

4. We sent you a letter on November 9, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Don't know what this letter will be about. Anyone else saw this on their application ever.?

Are you sure it wasn't the email that they sent you to link it? Did it say anything else at all?

At any rate, yes, sometimes these gaps in communication between the message 'we sent you a letter' and getting it, a matter usually of only days. So wait a bit.

But more often, the person has received the letter and didn't realise that was it and/or didn't check spam box etc.

Nov 10, 2021
Are you sure it wasn't the email that they sent you to link it? Did it say anything else at all?

At any rate, yes, sometimes these gaps in communication between the message 'we sent you a letter' and getting it, a matter usually of only days. So wait a bit.

But more often, the person has received the letter and didn't realise that was it and/or didn't check spam box etc.
You're right, it could be the email they sent on Nov 9 too. But why would they say mail (not email) and delivery delays (emails are instant). I feel like its the physical mail they've sent as we didn't link the account until yesterday. If account was linked they may've sent an email or a message on GcKey for any update.

But can it be any negative response ? That's all I'm worried about

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You're right, it could be the email they sent on Nov 9 too. But why would they say mail (not email) and delivery delays (emails are instant). I feel like its the physical mail they've sent as we didn't link the account until yesterday. If account was linked they may've sent an email or a message on GcKey for any update.

But can it be any negative response ? That's all I'm worried about
Mail = email, letter = email in IRCC parlance. Delays? They have servers for mass emailings of some things, they send at night.

They very rarely send physical mail if there is email on record.

Nov 10, 2021
Mail = email, letter = email in IRCC parlance. Delays? They have servers for mass emailings of some things, they send at night.

They very rarely send physical mail if there is email on record.
Oh okay, that also makes sense. Thanks for your response. I'll keep everyone updated here !

Kngp@43

Jun 23, 2021

- Got AOR on Nov 3

Same i saw on my ecas and we never link app to gc key .that was also in my mind .

LongWaiting21

Oct 7, 2021

- Got AOR on Nov 3

We also saw a similar update stating that they sent us a letter on November 9, 2021 and we should consider delays in mail delivery before contacting them.

We too received an e-mail about linking our application on November 9th and am wondering if it's that they're referring to.

Are requests for interviews sent as letters (in the mail) or are those also e-mailed?

Thanks!

Kngp@43

Jun 23, 2021
We also saw a similar update stating that they sent us a letter on November 9, 2021 and we should consider delays in mail delivery before contacting them.

We too received an e-mail about linking our application on November 9th and am wondering if it's that they're referring to.

Are requests for interviews sent as letters (in the mail) or are those also e-mailed?

Thanks!
I saw on my ecas too.i also don't know what is this for.

rcytsang

Aug 30, 2021
I sent my application package in mid of June by DHL. DHL confirmed the delivery. Up to now, I haven't rcvd anything correspondence, eg., AOR or SA. etc.... I tried the web enquiry but only got the automated reply message "If you are not in the priority list, just keep waiting etc.."
Does anyone has the same situation? Should we call the enquiry hotline.

Sumanik

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Hello,

We have now received the request for my partner's passport. We're really excited but have a concern. We moved house months ago and I have submitted the Web form notifying IRCC letting them know our address has changed several times now. I've done this for both the visa office in London and the general form in case our application was still in Sydney. However, I've had no communication about this and Ecas still shows our old address.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

We have now received the request for my partner's passport. We're really excited but have a concern. We moved house months ago and I have submitted the Web form notifying IRCC letting them know our address has changed several times now. I've done this for both the visa office in London and the general form in case our application was still in Sydney. However, I've had no communication about this and Ecas still shows our old address.
Don't worry about it, weeks updating addresses is lowest priority for ircc.