+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

FlyingNube

Jun 16, 2022
I got a quick question:

I have a business trip scheduled in 2 weeks. However, I moved from BC to AB + became Canadian recently so I have 0 photo-IDs remaining other than my old BC health card (not expired). The AB Health card has no photo, my PR card has been cut up and I have no Driver's License. Can I use my BC Health card still for air travel or would the airline somehow know Im no longer a BC resident and reject it?
If you are flying domestic then yes you can use.

Ali.Quebec

Jul 8, 2017
Category........
QSW
Test Interview date 13 May,
Decision Made date ecas estimate 3 July,
Scheduled for Citizenship oath 25 July.
Hope this marathon ends soon for everyone...

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Man1133

Mar 14, 2022
Hi senior members. I have a question. How long does it take from closing the file to get the citizenship certificate by mail? If they close the file, does it mean that they shipped the certificate?

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hi senior members. I have a question. How long does it take from closing the file to get the citizenship certificate by mail? If they close the file, does it mean that they shipped the certificate?
I would like to know too !

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
My Ceremony was on a Tuesday. File closed on Wednesday, got the certificate the following Tuesday. Some people who had the ceremony on the same day as I did even got their certificates on Friday.

My guess is that when the file is closed the certificates are mailed that day, or the next and then it depends on Canada Post how fast you get it.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes in hamilton office to get oath after all completed except Oath in progress

Leamington

Jul 6, 2022
Question - how do you call IRCC and actually get to talk to a person? I have been trying for days but no luck!
Call 1 888 242 2100
Dial 1
Your UCI then #
Press 1, 1, 1, 4 in quick succession, each time waiting to be taken to the next prompt
Now listen a bit. When prompted,
Press 1, 1 in quick succession, again till you are taken to the next prompt.
You will hear - High number of callers or you are in queue. If former, follow above steps. Else, you should be able to speak.
Had to speak to 4-5 different agents - no clarity unfortunately.
Good luck.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi All
Kindly my decision made on June 10 2022 all boxes turned to completed except the Ceremony not started .
So please any advise when we can expect the ceremony start.

Thanks
What is your processing office? People have usually been scheduled for oath between 1 day and 2-3 weeks after DM, but it seems that many IRCC offices are taking longer recently, maybe because many people have gotten DM lately and immigration officers are taking summer vacations. My tracker was last updated June 13 also saying everything except oath set to Completed as of June 10, and I'm waiting and waiting impatiently. But there are some people who have been waiting with DM since December, so apparently the answer is we can be scheduled for oath between tomorrow and maybe 6+ months from now :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: Wandering Mind

Trigger1234

May 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
the last chapter is closed! The oath ceremony was on last Friday (Should be added to the calendar as Roger's Day!). I got the certificates today. it was quiet fast it might have arrived even earlier since I haven't checked the mail all week. Good luck to you all and thanks for all the help and support
The whole process took exactly 1 year and a month

Diaa ABDULLAT

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
What is your processing office? People have usually been scheduled for oath between 1 day and 2-3 weeks after DM, but it seems that many IRCC offices are taking longer recently, maybe because many people have gotten DM lately and immigration officers are taking summer vacations. My tracker was last updated June 13 also saying everything except oath set to Completed as of June 10, and I'm waiting and waiting impatiently. But there are some people who have been waiting with DM since December, so apparently the answer is we can be scheduled for oath between tomorrow and maybe 6+ months from now :confused:
Thanks