Inland, Me as a Primary Applicant
Express Entry Profile created: 29-sep-2019
AINP Approved 16 Mar 2020
AOR: 16 Jun 2020
CRS: 375
Medical: 3 JAN 2019(upfront)
PCC: 24 Mar 2020
Biometrics: 8-Oct-2020
Primary Approval: 30Mar 2020 ( Criminality - everything done on 31 Jul 2021, confirmed by a call to IRCC except Security).
Medical expired: 3 Jan 2021
Medical extended: 5 May 2021
Visa office: Syndey, Nova Scotia

Since Mar 2020 until 25 Aug 2021, it was just - Nothing.
Kept my hopes high, waited.....

Out of nowhere, on 24 Aug 2021 my GC account showed updated/submitted, I thought my security has just started. On 25aug 2021 afternoon my representative received an email from IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal.

Sent my file details yesterday. I received an email today with - Sign in to the PR Confirmation Portal.

I wish all of those who were here with me in the same boat a Best of Luck!
I want to say everyone out there don`t loose your hopes. Stay motivated.... Wait will be worth.

I wish you guys strength!

Julzzzz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Did they ask you for medicals or you did it on your own ?
It was a medical for my son, who’s outside of Canada. They requested a new medical exam for him. It was submitted on Aug 23, approved on Aug 25.
Today I got my PR confirmation email, with request to reply my date of entry etc

Reactions: upon

Julzzzz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Tried doing this. The MP office inquired on my behalf and after 2 weeks, they gave me the exact same reply as the client support. "Covid blah blah... Wait blah blah.." I am clueless as I've done everything I could and I don't know of any other options to help. My BOWP expires in 2 months.
I submitted an application for extension of my BOWP and got a response after two days- they just extended my current BOWP so that I could complete my PR application process. Later I will apply for refund for BOWP application

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
If you are inland applicant, you can try contact your MP to raise an inquiry to IRCC, it is not guaranteed to help but it might, and it doesn't have any negative impact on your application.
This is IRCC’s reply I got from my MP.

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators (ICMPS).

Due to the current events, many of our resources have been redirected to support the Afghanistan dedicated phone line. As a result, you will not get a reply to this enquiry. A limited amount of agents remain available for telephone enquiries related to urgent cases only until further notice.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support and collaboration during these difficult times.

cyanhaze

Jun 24, 2021
This is IRCC’s reply I got from my MP.

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators (ICMPS).

Due to the current events, many of our resources have been redirected to support the Afghanistan dedicated phone line. As a result, you will not get a reply to this enquiry. A limited amount of agents remain available for telephone enquiries related to urgent cases only until further notice.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support and collaboration during these difficult times.
Hmmm so Afghanistan crisis does have a significant impact on their capacity on processing our applications...

I've been waiting for 14 months now and still have no clue why I haven't receive my COPR portal email, even my GCMS notes shows "FINAL: APPROVED" since May...

And I have also had to pay for extending my PGWP, which I applied at lat May and yet still not receive that one too... And when I called them, they just said please wait. This is ridiculous... I can not go for business trip because of that... (I'm inland CEC, AOR june-14, RC-10:OK at mid-July, no dep.)

WolverineWM

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Hmmm so Afghanistan crisis does have a significant impact on their capacity on processing our applications...

I've been waiting for 14 months now and still have no clue why I haven't receive my COPR portal email, even my GCMS notes shows "FINAL: APPROVED" since May...

And I have also had to pay for extending my PGWP, which I applied at lat May and yet still not receive that one too... And when I called them, they just said please wait. This is ridiculous... I can not go for business trip because of that... (I'm inland CEC, AOR june-14, RC-10:OK at mid-July, no dep.)
I've been waiting the same time as you. AOR: 17 June 2020. Since May 2021 they said everything else is approved except for security which they have not even started yet. So they're telling me that my application has been just sitting there for June, July and August? It takes them 3 months to begin security? It's ridiculous and every time I call, they just rudely say to wait. My BOWP expires in 2 months. I've given up all hope now

Reactions: euzmar0813

euzmar0813

Oct 25, 2020
I've been waiting the same time as you. AOR: 17 June 2020. Since May 2021 they said everything else is approved except for security which they have not even started yet. So they're telling me that my application has been just sitting there for June, July and August? It takes them 3 months to begin security? It's ridiculous and every time I call, they just rudely say to wait. My BOWP expires in 2 months. I've given up all hope now
I am also waiting for the final decision for my family outside Canada. They have been holding it since June..

WolverineWM

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
I am also waiting for the final decision for my family outside Canada. They have been holding it since June..
Dude, I'm an inland applicant with no dependents! Fully vaccinated! With full time job in my field. There is literally no reason for them to hold my file. I'm just so frustrated.

Reactions: euzmar0813

Kyatham

Sep 3, 2021
I applied on june 20-2020, got my BWP in October. Getting same information everytime through IRCC webform (4times) and even through MP inquiry also. Now afghanistan crisis is stopping the IRCC orocess times. I have to apply for BWP extension. Frustrating service. I don't know how 2021 candidates are getting their approvals.

Reactions: WolverineWM

WolverineWM

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
I applied on june 20-2020, got my BWP in October. Getting same information everytime through IRCC webform (4times) and even through MP inquiry also. Now afghanistan crisis is stopping the IRCC orocess times. I have to apply for BWP extension. Frustrating service. I don't know how 2021 candidates are getting their approvals.
I wonder the same thing! I know people who applied in Jan, Feb, heck march 2021 and they already have their PR. How the hell did they process those applications way before ours? There is no way to even draw the attention of the officer to our applications. There is no where you can seek help to escalate the issue. Even the MPs get same response. First my application was said to be delayed because of covid and now because of Afghan crisis. Why don't they hire more people to clear the backlog? And if these crisis are affecting the processing of applications, why the hell are they not affecting 2021 applicants?

Kyatham

Sep 3, 2021
I wonder the same thing! I know people who applied in Jan, Feb, heck march 2021 and they already have their PR. How the hell did they process those applications way before ours? There is no way to even draw the attention of the officer to our applications. There is no where you can seek help to escalate the issue. Even the MPs get same response. First my application was said to be delayed because of covid and now because of Afghan crisis. Why don't they hire more people to clear the backlog? And if these crisis are affecting the processing of applications, why the hell are they not affecting 2021 applicants?
Same doubt.! Govt reported lot of job losses in Canada in govt sector due to COVID But they don't care to provide employment . Couple of my friends who applied in April and May 2021, got their approvals and even PR cards delivered last week.Today I went to my immigration cunsultant he suggested me to apply for RCMP then we apply to IRCC So may be we could have a chance to wake the hidden file and Bring it to an attention.! I applied today but they said it will take 4-8 weeks for RCMP. Have to hope for the best in this bad times(By CIC).

Reactions: WolverineWM