+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Zi2345

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes. I need a little help here. One of my friend made her express entry profile recently and she got invitation in the draw. She doesnt have a last name. In the express entry profile she entered her name as first name : Aman last name: Aman but in her passport her name is
First name Aman and last name field is blank . Now as she already received ITA which is for the Name Aman Aman . What is the way forward here?? Will it going to create an issue for her ?? Or is it fine and she can proceed with it.
She was really confused on it as the work permit she had has no given Name but Aman as Last name.
Waiting for your Reply!!
Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I need a little help here. One of my friend made her express entry profile recently and she got invitation in the draw. She doesnt have a last name. In the express entry profile she entered her name as first name : Aman last name: Aman but in her passport her name is
First name Aman and last name field is blank . Now as she already received ITA which is for the Name Aman Aman . What is the way forward here?? Will it going to create an issue for her ?? Or is it fine and she can proceed with it.
She was really confused on it as the work permit she had has no given Name but Aman as Last name.
Waiting for your Reply!!
Thanks

What do you mean by surname?
Your surname is your family name. It’s also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.
Do not use initials.
If you don’t have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”
If you leave the given name field blank
If you’re applying to sponsor your family, you can’t validate Schedule A (eIMM 5669) with the given name field empty. If you need to leave it blank for the above reason, you can print it without validating it, and include a letter with your application explaining why you had to do this.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

If entering both fields are mandatory, then enter your given name twice, once in the given name and then in the last name field

Zi2345

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
What do you mean by surname?
Your surname is your family name. It’s also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.
Do not use initials.
If you don’t have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”
If you leave the given name field blank
If you’re applying to sponsor your family, you can’t validate Schedule A (eIMM 5669) with the given name field empty. If you need to leave it blank for the above reason, you can print it without validating it, and include a letter with your application explaining why you had to do this.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

If entering both fields are mandatory, then enter your given name twice, once in the given name and then in the last name field
I already read this online but didn't understand it. It will be really helpful if you can explain me this

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I already read this online but didn't understand it. It will be really helpful if you can explain me this
If you do not have last name in your passport, you enter the given name in both the given name and last name if both fields re mandatory. As simple as that.

Zi2345

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
If you do not have last name in your passport, you enter the given name in both the given name and last name if both fields re mandatory. As simple as that.
Doesnt have a last name but put that in express entry profile and that got selected. Can change the name now on profile??

hp2618

Jun 20, 2018
Hello everyone,
I was lucky to get to talk to an agent today. They informed me that my application is approved and is that the etobicoke local office and that they have notified them about it. It's been 3 weeks since the file is at the local office. By online profile does not show approved yet. Any idea how long does it take the local office to make progress on the application?

My aor is 22 june.

Reactions: Kai-pooh

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hey everyone!

I just logged into my account, and saw a ghost update. When I opened the PR application, it shows that is is approved (today so April 21). It shows "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)" as the document name, and a document number. Status says "your document is valid". I haven't received any other information (like a phone call or email) from IRCC though.

I will update y'all if I receive more information, but from the looks of it, it looks like my application was just approved today.

Here's my timeline again:
AOR: June 9, 2020
MEP/BIL: June 24, 2020
Late September, 2020: Eligibility Recommended Passed (no ghost update)
Late October, 2020: Eligibility Conclusively Passed and Security Passed (ghost update)
November 5, 2020: Biometrics provided - updated on the system the same day
April 16, 2021: Ghost update (but couldn't call as call centres were not open at the time of me finding it)
April 19, 2021: Criminality Passed Confirmed
April 21, 2021: Web portal shows application approved, and shows a document number.

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hey everyone!

I just logged into my account, and saw a ghost update. When I opened the PR application, it shows that is is approved (today so April 21). It shows "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)" as the document name, and a document number. Status says "your document is valid". I haven't received any other information (like a phone call or email) from IRCC though.

I will update y'all if I receive more information, but from the looks of it, it looks like my application was just approved today.

Late October, 2020: Eligibility Conclusively Passed and Security Passed (ghost update)
April 16, 2021: Ghost update (but couldn't call as call centres were not open at the time of me finding it)
April 21, 2021: Web portal shows application approved, and shows a document number.
Congratulations.

Rav@12

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Hey everyone!

Congratulations

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
Hey everyone!

Awesome!!!!

lsmoura

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
26-06-2020
Med's Done....
17-08-2020
I’m happy to see post after post of people getting ghost updates, copr and being approved. Congratulations to everyone who received their answers.

Unfortunately I’m yet to see anyone who had the medicals changed to “You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.” — My AOR is June 26th and my medicals expired last February.

Anyone who had the medicals changed to the above message with a June AOR got any news? Please?

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hi everyone,

I just got the COPR uploaded to my profile (they did not send it to me as an email).I live in Vancouver, so they asked me to mail them the printed letter and two photos to their Vancouver office – which I’m gonna do tomorrow.

Finally, that is off my mind! Phew. Good luck everyone, I’ll keep you updated.

Just in case anyone knows, do PRs don’t need a visa on their passport? I had to get a TRV when ever I applied for a new permit, so I was just curious.