+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

yykks

Dec 10, 2020
Hi, @legalfalcon a question about GCMS need your help, in GCMS notes regarding to criminality (passed), there are two dates - validity date (2022-6-1) and due date (2021-6-1), what does it mean? if the approval process run beyond 2021-6-1 or 2022-6-1, will the stage of criminality check be processed repeatedly and asked us to recollect police check files? i thought during the whole approval process, only medical check and date for passport has an expiry date right? thank you

Last edited:

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hey guys! I will be landing in Toronto in April end on a work permit since PR is taking forever.
I would love any suggestions from you guys about after landing process at the airport or accommodation, whether I should get an airbnb or a condo since one has to quarantine for 14 days.

any suggestion would be really helpful. thanks!! :)
There is a phone number that you have to call to book your hotel for 3 days till your COVID test at the airport released. Then after that you can look for a place to finish the 14 days of quarantine. Check the government website, as these instructions can changed at any moment. Here is the link for prior to travel check list:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist

Reactions: desrainphx

TOTTI10

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Hi, TOTTI10, are you in the same situation? did you send any emails to Visa office? too long for the final review.
Yes, all passed and GCSM shows approved on Nov 27 and nothing since then. I sent a webform last week but I doubt it will change anything.

• Sad
Reactions: ibh

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Reactions: Haitham Calgary

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon , I need your help. Do you know what is A39-A41 in GCMS notes referring to? also if you know what is meant by 1-LFR5UNU in Activity?
Your help is highly appreciated.

It refers to admissibility on financial grounds, i.e. PoF. What does the note say. If there are no concerns, then you need not worry.

A39-41 refers to IRPA regulations

According to Section 39 or the IRPA, a foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

According to Subsection 40(1) of the IRPA, a permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation:
  1. For directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA [according to the Immigration Manual, admissibility for misrepresentation occurs only if it is material; the misrepresentation must affect the process undertaken by or the final decision of the immigration officer];
According to Section 41 of the IRPA, a person is inadmissible for failing to comply with the IRPA:

1. In the case of a foreign national, through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of the IRPA; and

2. In the case of a permanent resident, through failing to comply with Subsection 27(2) [which states that a permanent resident must comply with any conditions imposed under the IRPR] or Section 28 of the IRPA.
Part 1, Division 4 of the Act makes distinctions based on categories of inadmissibility related to:
  • criminality;

• organized criminality;
  • security;
  • human or international rights violations;
  • health;
  • financial reasons;
  • misrepresentation;
  • non-compliance;
  • inadmissible family members.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, @legalfalcon a question about GCMS need your help, in GCMS notes regarding to criminality (passed), there are two dates - validity date (2022-6-1) and due date (2021-6-1), what does it mean? if the approval process run beyond 2021-6-1 or 2022-6-1, will the stage of criminality check be processed repeatedly and asked us to recollect police check files? i thought during the whole approval process, only medical check and date for passport has an expiry date right? thank you
Security and Criminality, just like medicals have a validity, and if the application is not processed in a time frame, these checks have to be done again, based on the individual circumstances of, such as whether the country of residence has changed, or any material circumstances have changed.

For most applications, where the security screening has been done, it will remain valid, unless there is an inordinate delay. See page 26 of the security screening manual at thttps://bit.ly/31dnY0N

Similarly for criminality, it will depend on your current country of residence and the country you no longer lived. It will depend on the date the PCC was issued:

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

IRCC at its discretion can seek replacement PCCs, though rare since most applications are processed within the validity period. Also, an applicant has reporting requirements, i.e. when you land with a COPR, there will be a question asked if you have been charged with a crime, before your COPR is signed and stamped.

Ankitbeladiya

Dec 21, 2020
@TOTTI10 My application is also waiting for final decision. All stages passed since February but they have not taken any decision. So question is emailing local visa office could help? I live in Windsor ON. I thought my file should be in Ottawa. How local office will have access to it ? Confused @TOTTI10

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon thank you for all your replied so detailed.
I have a question: if all the stages are passed, why do they take so long time to approve the application? If the documents have an expiration date, is it not unfair that we have to produce them again, even if they had a deadline?

TOTTI10

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
@TOTTI10 My application is also waiting for final decision. All stages passed since February but they have not taken any decision. So question is emailing local visa office could help? I live in Windsor ON. I thought my file should be in Ottawa. How local office will have access to it ? Confused @TOTTI10
My file shows approved in GCSM but is still in Ottawa. It was not transferred to the local Visa Office. In some cases, the GCSM shows approved and files are transferred to the local visa office. In this case, you might try and email the local visa office about the status.

Again, mine is still in Ottawa so it wouldn't make sense to email my secondary office "Calgary" unless it was transferred there.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi, if anyone can help me with the following:

I finally got my GCMS notes and my file was approved by officer (I was already told this earlier this week when I called the call centre).
I see that there is a COPR number that starts with a T, so I am assuming that because I am outland I will not get the actual document in the near future because of travel restrictions and whatnot, but I see that there is a Special group that says PRBIO, can anyone tell me what that is ? My biometrics were completed same day and I did not get any request to resubmit in case that they were not properly captured and when I checked the biometrics section of the GCMS notes there was nothing outstanding.

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon thank you for all your replied so detailed.
I have a question: if all the stages are passed, why do they take so long time to approve the application? If the documents have an expiration date, is it not unfair that we have to produce them again, even if they had a deadline?
All these are policy decisions based on what the federal government is instructing based on the COVID situation. As soon as the restrictions are relaxed, you will see a surge in the approvals. Until then, we can all wait and hope for the best!