+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Try emailing the Calgary Visa office. I read somewhere in this form an applicant emailed the Etobicoke office after his application was stuck waiting for finalization for more than 4 months. He explained the situation and got the approval a week after.
Hi TOTTI10,

Thanks for your suggestion! I've sent two webforms since 2021 and on my last call at the end of February, the IRCC phone center person told me that the officer who is taking care of my case is aware of my webform. Maybe, she just tried to comfort me, but why would she say, if it's not true?!
I don't know at this point what will help, but I'll do what you said. I even tried to involve my MP, never received any reply from my MP for my inquiries. I have a friend who lives in London ON, who got amazing help from his MP. I guess I'm just super unlucky hahaha. My MP did - complete ignore :)

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Yes, frustrating and depressing.
Our files sitting in a box calling to officers, just to look at them once.
I think he/she works all the application all together for a week and then stop..... Maybe they have short time now since they are working from home?.. how knows

toward the ocean

Mar 4, 2017
Hello!

Recently we have got the CBSA notes and found out that we are under comprehensive security screening. Let me introduce our timeline.

12.06.20 AOR
30.07.20 Med passed/ Bio request
19.08.20 RPRF request
08.10.20 Request for my CV (main applicant)
25.11.20 Biometrics done
The VO is Warsaw

Eligibility and criminality passed
Info sharing complete (as per the notes)

According to CBSA notes, my husband (dependant) and me are put under the comprehensive security screening on 30.07.2020 (the same day as medical is passed and biometrics requested)
The due date of security screening (according to the notes) is 30.07.21.

@legalfalcon, @caipsnotes, please advise
- how credible is this due date? Do they usually finish the screening by that time?
- what can we expect and when?
- what can we do to speed up the process?

Frankly speaking, we are in huge frustration and will appreciate your opinions and advice.

P.S. the notes are dated at 29.01.21.

Thank you!

Last edited:

AnnAlex

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-06-2020
Thanks.
it gave me an option to connect to an agent, but I hang up. Coz wasn’t sure what’s going on. Usually it says that they r still processing background. I thought may b I wrongly entered information and called again. Same information. I’ll talk to them soon if there is no update in this week.
Any updates from IRCC.. I really want you to call them.. I am sure as it will be a good news..

yykks

Dec 10, 2020
Hi PlUrb and Hi Everyone,

So many things happened since the middle of January 2021, when I stopped reading this forum. Lots to catch up :).
In the middle of January, the very polite and helpful lady (from IRCC) told me that everything passed and in Calgary for final approval since the 30th of November 2020.
I phoned once more at the end of February, the same exact message from another nice person.
I asked why it takes 3 months for final approval and if anything wrong with my application, got a reply saying, it's Covid time, things move slow.
Now, almost 4 months since my application on Final Approval in Calgary.

PlUrb, I wish you good luck and hope the officer who takes care of your papers does things differently than the one I have.
i am in the same situation as you, all passed at the end of Nov 2020 but no news from then, frustrating...

• Sad
Reactions: ibh

yykks

Dec 10, 2020
Try emailing the Calgary Visa office. I read somewhere in this form an applicant emailed the Etobicoke office after his application was stuck waiting for finalization for more than 4 months. He explained the situation and got the approval a week after.
Hi, TOTTI10, are you in the same situation? did you send any emails to Visa office? too long for the final review.

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Hey guys! I will be landing in Toronto in April end on a work permit since PR is taking forever.
I would love any suggestions from you guys about after landing process at the airport or accommodation, whether I should get an airbnb or a condo since one has to quarantine for 14 days.

any suggestion would be really helpful. thanks!! :)