+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi PlUrb and Hi Everyone,

So many things happened since the middle of January 2021, when I stopped reading this forum. Lots to catch up :).
In the middle of January, the very polite and helpful lady (from IRCC) told me that everything passed and in Calgary for final approval since the 30th of November 2020.
I phoned once more at the end of February, the same exact message from another nice person.
I asked why it takes 3 months for final approval and if anything wrong with my application, got a reply saying, it's Covid time, things move slow.
Now, almost 4 months since my application on Final Approval in Calgary.

PlUrb, I wish you good luck and hope the officer who takes care of your papers does things differently than the one I have.

My application passed all stages on march 3rd, awaiting final decision.
Agent said my file is in Ottawa for final review

What happens at final review ? Should I be worried ?

Reactions: PlUrb

Ro66

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
I would suggest you to call as I think yours is passed. It was like the same as mine. You might receive the COPR document soon..
Thanks.
it gave me an option to connect to an agent, but I hang up. Coz wasn’t sure what’s going on. Usually it says that they r still processing background. I thought may b I wrongly entered information and called again. Same information. I’ll talk to them soon if there is no update in this week.

Reactions: AnnAlex

jigneshparikhh

Jul 2, 2020
Is there anyone who has COPR updated in account but haven't received the letter?

My file got approved last week on Thursday but haven't received the letter yet....What is the normal time to receive the letter?

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Is there anyone who has COPR updated in account but haven't received the letter?

My file got approved last week on Thursday but haven't received the letter yet....What is the normal time to receive the letter?
Same with me. I got approved on Friday, no COPR yet. I talked to the agent and she said it can take upto 2 weeks, and if you don't receive it by then, you should call them.

jigneshparikhh

Jul 2, 2020
Same with me. I got approved on Friday, no COPR yet. I talked to the agent and she said it can take upto 2 weeks, and if you don't receive it by then, you should call them.

Okay...So there is nothing we can do but wait for two weeks!!

Thanks for sharing!

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Thanks!
Just a question: did you receive a GU before the approval? or you just logged in and saw "approved"?
I never received a ghost update throughout the entire process. I just received an email saying they updated the status of my application, when I logged in, I saw it was approved with my document number and everything.

Reactions: laila86

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
I never received a ghost update throughout the entire process. I just received an email saying they updated the status of my application, when I logged in, I saw it was approved with my document number and everything.
That's funny the way in which every application is different from the others!!

TOTTI10

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Hi PlUrb and Hi Everyone,

So many things happened since the middle of January 2021, when I stopped reading this forum. Lots to catch up :).
In the middle of January, the very polite and helpful lady (from IRCC) told me that everything passed and in Calgary for final approval since the 30th of November 2020.
I phoned once more at the end of February, the same exact message from another nice person.
I asked why it takes 3 months for final approval and if anything wrong with my application, got a reply saying, it's Covid time, things move slow.
Now, almost 4 months since my application on Final Approval in Calgary.

PlUrb, I wish you good luck and hope the officer who takes care of your papers does things differently than the one I have.
Try emailing the Calgary Visa office. I read somewhere in this form an applicant emailed the Etobicoke office after his application was stuck waiting for finalization for more than 4 months. He explained the situation and got the approval a week after.