+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
I am not sure about it.. When Security Passed - it shouldn't be blank but says completed. But from the date of when the GCMS requested or when you called an IRCC agent can change things. Security is blank usually when its initiated. Please correct my thoughts mentioned above is wrong !! @caipsnotes and @legalfalcon
I think once security has started, its gonna show blank but when its done, it will show completed

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Hey Guys! I just spoke to the agent and she did give me specifics on my applications. The last time I spoke to the agent she said they are not giving specifics BUT if you are lucky with a good agent they are giving specifics. My application is an FSW Outland and my security has still not started and criminality was done in Sept 2020.
I am not sure why is there such a huge gap between criminality and security.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
just an update. As you can tell from my below signature, i am outland cec. today i confirmed that i have completed the process via telephone using one of those local number assignment apps, but since I'm outland I don't expect PPR anytime soon while the travel restrictions are in place. In any case, I am pretty happy to have passed all the stages.

Reactions: TOTTI10

RajathaBS

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
just an update. As you can tell from my below signature, i am outland cec. today i confirmed that i have completed the process via telephone using one of those local number assignment apps, but since I'm outland I don't expect PPR anytime soon while the travel restrictions are in place. In any case, I am pretty happy to have passed all the stages.
Am also CEC outland. My wife gave biometric recently so not sure how long it takes to verify the same. Do you have any idea on which stage biometric is validated? or how quick it is done?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I am not sure about it.. When Security Passed - it shouldn't be blank but says completed. But from the date of when the GCMS requested or when you called an IRCC agent can change things. Security is blank usually when its initiated. Please correct my thoughts mentioned above is wrong !! @caipsnotes
Hi

For GCMS from IRCC, Security is always redacted when in-progress or completed

For GCMS from CBSA, Security is only redacted when completed. E.g. from CBSA

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes can security be passed even if biometric is pending for dependent? which stage does biometric play role?
Hi. To see how an application is processed and all the stages involved checkout https://bit.ly/37nCTJD
In general, if biometrics are outstanding then criminality and info-sharing stages will be pending but security will proceed. Background check is a generic term that includes criminality check, security screening and information sharing.

Reactions: RajathaBS

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hi , I just got my COPR today and wondering can my brother claim extra 15 points for express from today or he has to wait until I get me Pr card ?
If you have received your COPR, and your are in Canada, which would mean that your COPR was stamped, and effective that date you become a PR, you your sibling can claim 15 points.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can security be passed even if biometric is pending for dependent? which stage does biometric play role?
Yes, it can be passed. Biometrics only plays a role in info-sharing and criminality. During criminality RCMP will run your fingerprints through their system and during info sharing, your biometrics are shared with countries and agencies that have an agreement with Canada.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/evaluations/biometrics-canada-united-states-immigration-information-sharing-initiatives.html

If your biometrics are pending, all other stages will continue to progress.

Reactions: RajathaBS

RajathaBS

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yes, it can be passed. Biometrics only plays a role in info-sharing and criminality. During criminality RCMP will run your fingerprints through their system and during info sharing, your biometrics are shared with countries and agencies that have an agreement with Canada.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/evaluations/biometrics-canada-united-states-immigration-information-sharing-initiatives.html

If your biometrics are pending, all other stages will continue to progress.
Thank you so much :)

Reactions: legalfalcon