+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

freediagram

Star Member
May 24, 2016
PEQ2013 I have only background showing Completed the rest is in progress
So I applied in April 2019 and I am in the exact situation as you were last week. My background check is complete and I received a ghost update yesterday but nothing changed on the tracker. I hope it means I will get a test invite soon as you did.

So how did you find out from your GCMS notes that you were test-ready?

Thanks

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Hey quick update! I got asked to send in my fingerprints again for the second time, I sent it in yesterday and it was received today morning. I still haven't received a test invite yet! Does anyone know how long the wait could be till I get a test invite? For lack of better terms, is/was anyone else on the same boat? I would love some insight.
Update: background verification completed. How long usually till test?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Today I have checked my online portal, and it showed that I have been invited for the TEST !!!!! Finally, after two years and 3 months..... I did not receive any Email and the portal was updated today Sept 13. Probably will get one email later tomorrow or so. But it shows I can take the test from sept 17 -OCt 7. Please update the sheet. I am Toronto Applicant and my application office is Scarborough. I have applied for my citizenship in June 2019.
I've updated the spreadsheet. Please post an update once you've received the test invite email and once after taking the test. Thanks.

Reactions: ELIZAG

sania4567

Jul 1, 2021
Hi guys, wondering how long it normally takes to receive your proof of citizenship after the oath ceremony? And also, what’s the criteria for applying urgently for the certificate. Are we able to apply for urgent passport processing as well?

P.s. I’m a Scarborough June 2019 applicant

LORDHELP

Aug 13, 2014
india
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-aug-2014
Nomination.....
per 28th nov 2014
File Transfer...
2nd line : processing started on 5-feb- 2015
Med's Request
21-feb-2015
Med's Done....
27-feb-2015, 3rd line:- 10-march-2015, Fbi submitted- 30-April-2015
Passport Req..
13-june-2015
LANDED..........
5-jan-2016 (Toronto)
Hi guys, wondering how long it normally takes to receive your proof of citizenship after the oath ceremony? And also, what’s the criteria for applying urgently for the certificate. Are we able to apply for urgent passport processing as well?

P.s. I’m a Scarborough June 2019 applicant
usually they say 4 weeks from the day of oath but it comes in 2weeks or max 2.5 ( my was scarborough office too)at the end of oath you can tell them you need urgently still i will take 2 weeks

yes urgent passport can be processed too i got mine in 2 days after applying in person at Brampton office with appointment and proof of air tickets

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
So I applied in April 2019 and I am in the exact situation as you were last week. My background check is complete and I received a ghost update yesterday but nothing changed on the tracker. I hope it means I will get a test invite soon as you did.

So how did you find out from your GCMS notes that you were test-ready?

Thanks
I also had ghost update before my test invite and My GCMS notes confirmed that on 24 August ( when updated happened) they received my criminality check update.
It is on the second page in GCMS notes :
Paper file
Office: Scarborough Citizenship operation

Cherry1234

Sep 24, 2015
Got my official invite letter today. However they have not honoured the name change info I couriered them in March and then sent them via web form in June. I called them and they said it has to be in the name I applied in. I got married!!! Is there anything I can do at the oath ceremony so I take my oath in my married name?