+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys, i need your help regarding the weird updates i get in my application!

i am june 2019 applicant. Last correspondance i received was in Dec 2019 finger print request, since then no single movement. Then I received and passed citizenship test in June 2021…
In july 2021, all my checks turned on to completed except Oath, but which is strange that background check status was completed initially and with that update in July, they reverted it back to In Progress!!
And today, i see a new update that my Prohibitions checks got reverted back as well to in progress, althought it got updated to completed in July 2021.

does any one have an idea and can help me about whats going on with my application? Why do they reverted back both background and prohibitions to in progress after their status was complete! Isn’t that weird?! I didnt receive any new requests by email for new fingerprints, and i didnt receive any communication since passing the citizenship test. Thanks for your help
Is this related by a way or other to the prohibitions checks as well? Just wondering why they revereted background checks to in process a month ago, and today they reverted prohibitions again to in process. Are both related to fingerprints?

and is there something i can do to help them accelerate the process by sending me out a new fingerprint request? Or i just have to wait?
Yes, both these updates are likely related. Some people have reported that you can get fingerprints done without a new letter from IRCC. I'm not sure how true that is or if it applies to everyone because I've never had to get FP done for myself.

Give it a try, see if you can go to an approved FP agency and provide your FP so that it can be sent to IRCC.

Good luck!

hizzoscott

Jan 21, 2012
Nothing changed just the General dashboard update. Before it showed 23 April now it shows 25 August. BUt no changes so far all is the same hopefully I will get something. so, in this case, I have to accept something in few days right ?
Yes I noticed that in my application as well, it was updated August 24th but still only background completed.

My only regret these days is that I didn't withdrawn the application and resubmit after the online process. Im patient it's just annoying seeing 2020 apps flying through. Still hopeful though.

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Oath Completed today.

It was a long wait - We empathize with those who are still in the process.
it will happen Good luck to each of you
PS also voted today They had us on file already in a pending status.

Krissti

Aug 30, 2019
Physical presence ,language ,and prohibitions ...still in progress .Why it takes so long i dont understand ...passed my test in May .

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Physical presence ,language ,and prohibitions ...still in progress .Why it takes so long i dont understand ...passed my test in May .
I have passed my test in March....still waiting and no progress......more over expect some major delays again since IRCC seems to be busy dealing with Afghan refugee files.......its more than 2 years since we have filed our citizenship application and our files seems to be not a priority any more for IRCC

Mleung611

Jun 19, 2019
I have passed my test in March....still waiting and no progress......more over expect some major delays again since IRCC seems to be busy dealing with Afghan refugee files.......its more than 2 years since we have filed our citizenship application and our files seems to be not a priority any more for IRCC
At least you got the test invite. I am still waiting for mine.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Dont worry Afghan refugees are going to be future Ircc officers and our files are gonna roll. All done in 3 months.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Today I have checked my online portal, and it showed that I have been invited for the TEST !!!!! Finally, after two years and 3 months..... I did not receive any Email and the portal was updated today Sept 13. Probably will get one email later tomorrow or so. But it shows I can take the test from sept 17 -OCt 7. Please update the sheet. I am Toronto Applicant and my application office is Scarborough. I have applied for my citizenship in June 2019.

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Today I have checked my online portal, and it showed that I have been invited for the TEST !!!!! Finally, after two years and 3 months..... I did not receive any Email and the portal was updated today Sept 13. Probably will get one email later tomorrow or so. But it shows I can take the test from sept 17 -OCt 7. Please update the sheet. I am Toronto Applicant and my application office is Scarborough. I have applied for my citizenship in June 2019.
I have exactly the same test dates as you! May I ask what are the status for the different categories on your portal? On mine, everything is still in process (except oath, which hasn't started yet, obviously).

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2020-citizenship-application.686453/page-97#post-9688973

hizzoscott

Jan 21, 2012
I have exactly the same test dates as you! May I ask what are the status for the different categories on your portal? On mine, everything is still in process (except oath, which hasn't started yet, obviously).
I join you both. i just happen to check and saw the update exact dates as well. time to refresh. update the spreads