22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hello Folks,

my wife and I completed our oath ceremony yesterday. It’s been a long journey but finally it’s done. Thanks for everyone’s insight into questions and suggestions. I hope everyone also receive thier oath.
Thanks
Congrats :)

Reactions: Rockandroll

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Hey! So I just checked my application online, my background information went from “completed” to “in progress” as of yesterday. The last correspondence I sent were my fingerprints back in October 2019. Does anyone know why this happened?

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Please post an update once you receive the oath invite email.

Its online ceremony so the office will have to ship the certificate to you. Depending on where you live, it might take anywhere between a week to a month to receive your certificate. There is no need to apply separately.
The email invite arrived today Aug 21. 2021 for oath Sept 2. The oath is one week shy of exactly 5 years since arriving in Canada as a spouse. I updated the tracker.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Tmys

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Passport Req..
29-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
An update, or a lack of an update from me. Applied in June 2019 and got AOR in August 2019, with in process in October 2019. Radio silence since then. My wife applied in Feb 2020 and she has her oath scheduled....

GCMS notes come back fully redacted in the history portion, and CBSA notes didn't really give much more either. When MP sent info request, it came back as
  • The application is considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):
    • the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.

Other than all I know is that the security verifications are in process.

At this point I am losing hope. It's been over 2 years.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
An update, or a lack of an update from me. Applied in June 2019 and got AOR in August 2019, with in process in October 2019. Radio silence since then. My wife applied in Feb 2020 and she has her oath scheduled....

GCMS notes come back fully redacted in the history portion, and CBSA notes didn't really give much more either. When MP sent info request, it came back as
    • the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.

I'm sorry about the predicament you are in. Security checks can sometimes take a long time (It is done by CSIS). I hope you see some updates soon on your application. Wish you all the very best!

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016

So sorry to hear this… Did you experience the same delay in security check when you applied for PR? I’m curious to know if there’s a correlation between the two processes when determining a “further verification” for security/background check.

Tmys

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Passport Req..
29-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
So sorry to hear this… Did you experience the same delay in security check when you applied for PR? I’m curious to know if there’s a correlation between the two processes when determining a “further verification” for security/background check.
I had no issues when applying for PR, so I am very surprised by this. I have been in Canada for 11 years now (starting as a student) so this is all the more surprising.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I received my citizenship certificate yesterday, exactly one week after my oath ceremony.

I did a walk in passport application today & was told that I would receive my passport by September 30th.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019

So does your 'background check' still shows as in-process? (or) completed?