Currently in Canada

Timeline
ITA June 12
AOR June 13
MED passed July 18th
RCMP request July 19th
RCMP submitted July 31st
Current status :
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Now i'm waiting, I assume the next step would be passport request.

The problem is that I will need to leave Canada in December for an urgent matter, but I don't know if I will get it till then or not. And If i didn't, I don't know what should i do.

arpitpandey143

Jul 15, 2018
CEC
Currently in Canada

Timeline
ITA June 12
AOR June 13
MED passed July 18th
RCMP request July 19th
RCMP submitted July 31st
Current status :
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Now i'm waiting, I assume the next step would be passport request.

The problem is that I will need to leave Canada in December for an urgent matter, but I don't know if I will get it till then or not. And If i didn't, I don't know what should i do.

Feel free to call the support center on +1-8882422100 (Within Canada) and as your file status if on notes anything is still required from your end.
if not the status for Addtional document will change to "Not Applicable" post that the next step will PPR but depends on time frame. Since you are under CEC, should come early.

Reactions: zahraswad92

CanadaEE19

Aug 12, 2019
I received my biometrics instruction letter recently and have two questions. Can anyone in the community help me with these?

1. I currently live in the united states. I tried booking my biometrics appointment with the USCIS but the latest one I could book is 2 weeks away. Does USCIS accept walk-ins for biometrics?
2. Is the application kept on hold without any further processing until the biometrics are received?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
2. Is the application kept on hold without any further processing until the biometrics are received?
Hi,

IRCC mentions in their Help article that it’s included in our processing time as PR applicants (unlike visit visa or study/work permit applicants for whom processing won’t start unless they submit biometrics).

The article’s right here -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1420&top=19

Does USCIS accept walk-ins for biometrics?
Have you checked on their site if they do?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
And If i didn't, I don't know what should i do.
1. If you have a Twitter account, you could ask them there. They are quite responsive there.
2. If you’ll be away longer than 30 days, better to ask them now. :)
3. Some have asked for extension of passport deadline. But to get a sure answer that you can refer to, ask the authorities.

Many CECs have been processed quite quickly (some a month or two after PPR) so find out sooner.

Reactions: zahraswad92

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
May I know on which stage are you?
Hey @AAttallah

The short and some-may-find-it-humorous answer: “The Waiting Stage”

Humor aside,
  • There are labels created for certain updates but are unofficial.
  • But if you want to know what IRCC is doing or has done to your file:
    • get GCMS notes.
    • Or try to call them
    • Or email Ralph Goodale (he’s an MP from a different office but applicants have gotten a response from him about their applications)
Discussions about these should come up if you run a search on this site.

I’m just worried and want to know for how long am I expected to wait for a final decision.
To paint you a picture, some Jan-Feb-Mar AORs have yet to get their PPRs. Some have waited well past the 6 month processing time. BUT some (non-CEC applicants) have also received PPR in less than 3 months.

That’s the practical range.

Reactions: zini_zinparast

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
The Progress bar was showing 4 months earlier and now showing 18 weeks and a day after its showing 17 weeks now? does it mean it going take more time still.
This happens to accounts. It may be a routine interface update not indicative of file movement.

The labels IP1 and IP2 have been defined somewhere on this forum. Whichever description/line up of account changes matches yours, you can use the label for what stage you’re in. :)

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
This happens to accounts. It may be a routine interface update not indicative of file movement.

The labels IP1 and IP2 have been defined somewhere on this forum. Whichever description/line up of account changes matches yours, you can use the label for what stage you’re in. :)
CEC Inland ( 1 dependent) NOC: 3219
AOR: June 29
MP: Aug 7
Ghost update:Aug 8
Background: My background check says: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information "

don't know when these following steps passed:-

Eligibility: recommended passed ( they said its passed by first officer.. needs the confirmation of second ..bcz its usually double checked by two officers)

Criminality: Passed
Security : In progress
VO: Sydney, NS

do you know how long it will take for ppr?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Background: My background check says: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information "

Eligibility: recommended passed ( they said its passed by first officer.. needs the confirmation of second ..bcz its usually double checked by two officers)

Oh you’re CEC and your file’s actually moving. My guess is within a month. :) Don’t quote me on that though. :D

Reactions: Nsidhu

zini_zinparast

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Ontario
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
12-09-2019
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
07-06-2019
Passport Req..
06-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019

How do you know about your VO?

Arthurchen2019

Jul 31, 2019
Hey guys,

my aor: June 22,
MEP: July 27.
bg: we are processing your background....
inland CEC, no dependents.

I saw many of you guys here got the RCMP request, but I did not receive this request.....is this gonna be a problem?

Arthurchen2019

Jul 31, 2019

Hey man did you ever receive rcmp request?