+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
Just another update... my husband received the PR today!! Meeting was very easy and went quickly. Good luck to everyone else still waiting, hope everything works out for you guys!
Congrats! Must feel amazing to be done.
Do they use the photos you take with you for the PR card or do they take pictures from you again there? Did you write the back of both photos?

hhalterman

Oct 3, 2018
Congrats! Must feel amazing to be done.
Do they use the photos you take with you for the PR card or do they take pictures from you again there? Did you write the back of both photos?

Thank you! They sent us an email with everything that needed to be brought to the appointment and included was to get new photos done and bring them. Also I didn’t write on the back of them cause the photo place did.

Reactions: Nisht

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
Was supposed to get our landing interview phone call this morning at 8am. Do you think it happened? NOPE. Do you think they contacted us some way to let us know it wouldn't happen today? NOPE. Called CIC after an hour and the lady said that it indicated our phone interview was today at 8am, but nothing saying that the person calling us was busy.

Gotta love the way things work with CIC....12 hours later and still nothing

Last edited:

kjkinto

May 4, 2018
Toronto
My wife and I have had a terribly long wait for her to be re-unified with her daughter.
Question is, how long does it take to get the interview after DM for PA, and file is transferred to Etobicoke for landing interview purposes?
And what are the wait times for the PR card after that?
Also, can she leave the country between interview and PR card arrival? I will fly to Vietnam to bring them both back with me, so I can bring her the PR card.

mrezanejad

Nov 8, 2017
June 18th, 2018: Applicant (from Montreal, QC)
Feb 2019: Medical then file transferred to Vancouver.
August 2019: Got an email from Van. office saying that since the government of Quebec sets its number of PRs, we are delaying your process by creating a backlog.
August 2019: Got an update and background check went from not applicable to in process.
October 21st, 2019: got our Sponsor Approval (SA) and Applicant's Approval Eligibility Passed letter (what is this called?)
ECAS: Decision Made on Sponsor but still In Progress for the Applicant.

Does anyone have a guess how long more should we wait (approximately)?

If you have gotten your PR, congrats, hope you enjoy it, if you have not, I hope you all hear some good news. We need more positive energy than ever. It has been more than 16months now ...

CrystalZ

Apr 29, 2019
Got my landing interview today and can officially call myself a PR from now! After almost 18 months’ waiting! :) Good luck everyone!! The best is coming, hope y’ll hear good news very soon.

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
As of October 24, 2019 my husband is a Permanent Resident of Canada!

16 months of worth it.

Good luck to all still waiting, it will come!

Reactions: Nisht

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
My wife and I have had a terribly long wait for her to be re-unified with her daughter.
Question is, how long does it take to get the interview after DM for PA, and file is transferred to Etobicoke for landing interview purposes?
And what are the wait times for the PR card after that?
Also, can she leave the country between interview and PR card arrival? I will fly to Vietnam to bring them both back with me, so I can bring her the PR card.
The current processing time for PR card is 22 days. It gets updated weekly. You can check it here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

ali64mon

Sep 4, 2015
Hi all,

Last week we got an email from CIC asking for my spouse's up-to-date CV. Have any of you received such an email? what it could mean?

Applied for my spouse in late June 2018.
Sponsorship approval in February.
Medical request in April.
Requested for more documents in September (from Montreal hob).
No updates then.
Called CIC; the agent said the application is in the security check.
Applied for GCMS notes 3 months ago and yet no response.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Our MP called last night. The latest update from the VO is they are assessing if my husband needs an ARC or not. This is a good sign which means we are almost at the end. If he needs an ARC we just have to pay a fee. We should hear from our VO within the next 2 weeks.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Was supposed to get our landing interview phone call this morning at 8am. Do you think it happened? NOPE. Do you think they contacted us some way to let us know it wouldn't happen today? NOPE. Called CIC after an hour and the lady said that it indicated our phone interview was today at 8am, but nothing saying that the person calling us was busy.

Gotta love the way things work with CIC....12 hours later and still nothing
oh man, I know how that goes. We hear nothing from our VO for over a year. Our ECAS still shows no update since August 2018! We have our MP involved. Every time we get our MP involved they seem to get off their ass and start working on our case.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Another week passed by and still at the same situation as was in feb. Heard absolutely nothing. Its getting soo frustating now.
I can relate. But it seems every time I asked my MP to get an update for us that is when CIC starts to work on our file. Very strange indeed.

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
oh man, I know how that goes. We hear nothing from our VO for over a year. Our ECAS still shows no update since August 2018! We have our MP involved. Every time we get our MP involved they seem to get off their ass and start working on our case.
We finally got a call yesterday at 7:50am while the both of us were getting ready for work. Lady said that the person that was originally supposed to conduct our interview last month has been off on medical leave.....thanks for letting us know a a month later :rolleyes:

She then tells us that she will be the one conducting the interview, and that we could actually do it right now...lol

Needless to say, we are now scheduled to do it next Wednesday

And I agree about getting your MP involved. We have done it and it does seem to light a fire under CIC's ass

Reactions: Lisaexpat