FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
We are trying to get an update from our MP this week. We submitted our ARC 3 weeks ago.

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
Congratulations.
So, we talked to our Federal MP.
The MP's office contacted IRCC and provided us some information regarding my wife's PR application.
What else the MP could do?

Regards
I guess it really depends on your situation and where you are. We went a talked to our MP after months of nothing after we submitted her medical. Our MP contacted the IRCC and within a week, they set us up for our landing interview. Then we went and talked to our MP again after the IRCC screwed up our landing interview, and within a couple days they sorted everything out.

All I know is that when we called the IRCC ourselves, we got little to no help or information. So calling seems to be a waste of your time.

Did you get temporary residency in the meantime? With that, you are at least eligible to get OHIP as long as you bring your letter indicating you are eligible for permanent residency and your sponsor brings their letter indicating they are an eligible sponsor

Last edited:

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
I guess it really depends on your situation and where you are. We went a talked to our MP after months of nothing after we submitted her medical. Our MP contacted the IRCC and within a week, they set us up for our landing interview. Then we went and talked to our MP again after the IRCC screwed up our landing interview, and within a couple days they sorted everything out.

All I know is that when we called the IRCC ourselves, we got little to no help or information. So calling seems to be a waste of your time.

Did you get temporary residency in the meantime? With that, you are at least eligible to get OHIP as long as you bring your letter indicating you are eligible for permanent residency and your sponsor brings their letter indicating they are an eligible sponsor
Every time we contacted our MP our case seems to move along faster. MP's get a dedicated phone number for IRCC only for them.

Reactions: RJ8812 and ali64mon

ali64mon

Sep 4, 2015

Thanks for your comment.
My wife has a valid work permit. However, we need to get a letter from IRCC stating she is eligible to apply for PR.
This seems nonsense since she has already applied for PR in June 2018. We called IRCC in this regard and the agent told us they cannot issue such a letter.
Our MP told us to contact Proventioal MPPs for this.

Hopefully, we get some good news soon.

Reactions: RJ8812

Tag6960

Sep 23, 2019
Cmmon people share your updates. Lets keep this forum alive. Alteast till our applications are complete. Please don't let this forum die.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
We are near the end. In November we submitted our authorization to return to Canada. It will be approved any day now!

MysL73

Dec 5, 2019
Sigh.... I’m still waiting for an update. After medical and police clearance In May last year, they are still saying it’s under process. I even contacted my MP office and didn’t get much detail either. 19 months now...

Tag6960

Sep 23, 2019
All june 2018 applicants are done and im still waiting for etobicoke office to finalize my app
I am waiting too and havnt received medical request yet. Background check still not started. MP wasn't much help either. Just got me the same info. From vancouver but file in Montreal office.

Reactions: Zoyanova

Tag6960

Sep 23, 2019
Sigh.... I’m still waiting for an update. After medical and police clearance In May last year, they are still saying it’s under process. I even contacted my MP office and didn’t get much detail either. 19 months now...
MP wasnt much help for me either. Just got the same info that i already had. Annoying

Zoyanova

Sep 24, 2018
I am waiting too and havnt received medical request yet. Background check still not started. MP wasn't much help either. Just got me the same info. From vancouver but file in Montreal office.
the same with us...Vancouver-Montreal. No help from MP.