+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

LariBoo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have no clue, and I am stressed as hell. Are you also from Quebec.

We have to find each other and do something about this. Otherwise, they will not process our files anytime soon. Saying Quebec does not want us does not make any sense. If that is true, why they issued us a CSQ in the first place.
There is nothing we can do - we just have to wait

LariBoo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
What is AIP? Is it the letter you receive from CIC saying that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence?

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
If our application is taking longer, will they Extend our work permits ?? Or Quebec will just kick us out .
As a Canadian,

I have heard that Quebec is progressively becoming more and more restrictive and conservative in their views on immigration, race and cultural diversity. I know its the province you've decided to call home, but if all else fails, maybe you could apply through another province? I hear the eastern provinces are trying to boost immigration there?

brswng

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Victoria
Oh my god, I just received an email from Vancouver office that I can not believe it!!!

THEY ARE NOT PROCESSING APPLICATIONS FROM QUEBEC SIMPLY CAUSE THEY HAVE PUT A BACKLOG ON QUEBEC'S REQUEST!

Is this a JOKE? We have a CSQ! If they did not want the application to proceed why did they bother to issue us a CSQ.

This is the email.

In regards to the application:

- While IRCC establishes overall immigration levels for Canada, IRCC consults Quebec on the number of immigrants it wishes to receive and Quebec establishes its own annual immigration levels plan.

- Should demand for immigration exceed the number of spaces allocated to Quebec, a backlog is created in IRCC’s processing inventory. This results in longer processing times. Should we require additional information in processing your file, we will contact you as soon as possible.

- For information on immigration to Quebec, please contact the ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion: medias@midi.gouv.qc.ca.

@melito

this is scary...

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
@melito

this is scary...
Yeah I saw this too. We already know that Quebec processing times are longer. Now we know exactly why. I am not more worried than I already was. Don't worry too much. I decided to give my application 13 months and if nothing happens by then I'll contact my MP.

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
I did not submit open work permit application with my PR application. I am thinking to apply for OWP now that I am stuck in bkg check and don't know how long more I should wait. How long did it take for other people to receive their OWP? Do they check bkg for OWP as well?

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
I did not submit open work permit application with my PR application. I am thinking to apply for OWP now that I am stuck in bkg check and don't know how long more I should wait. How long did it take for other people to receive their OWP? Do they check bkg for OWP as well?
My wife applied for the OWP with her PR application and it took about 4 months for her to get it. Which is great aside from the fact that she still hasn't been able to get a job...

Reactions: Nisht

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
Hello All,
I am stuck with the background check and Sponsor eligibility. The CIC centre is Mississauga. What are they checking for the background and sponsor eligibility.
- Are they checking each countries for the sponsor and applicant? Sponsor has dual citizenship, Canadian and other country. Applicant, has 2 citizenship and applying for Canada.
- What are they checking for the sponsor eligibility? what detail are they checking?

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
My wife applied for the OWP with her PR application and it took about 4 months for her to get it. Which is great aside from the fact that she still hasn't been able to get a job...

Similar situation. Applied June 26, OWP in October. So many exclusions though, no hospitals no schools... My husband is a Teacher for goodness sake. It doesn't help that many employers don't understand what an OWP means. He hasn't been able to work in his field now for going on 3 years, and we are still waiting for any news from CIC for the PR. Coming up to 14 months in the process now. Crossing my fingers and praying that we all get to the finish line of this long painful race soon!

Reactions: Nisht

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
Similar situation. Applied June 26, OWP in October. So many exclusions though, no hospitals no schools... My husband is a Teacher for goodness sake. It doesn't help that many employers don't understand what an OWP means. He hasn't been able to work in his field now for going on 3 years, and we are still waiting for any news from CIC for the PR. Coming up to 14 months in the process now. Crossing my fingers and praying that we all get to the finish line of this long painful race soon!
Oh I didn't know there will be exclusions. Is the governmental job also in the exclusion category?

Last edited:

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Hello again everyone
Its been three months since file transferred to Etobicoke for workshare and still no news at all
June 2018 applicant
They transferred my file right after SA and same day they start working on applicants eligibility but dont know why just transferred for workshare and i see notes that officer were reviewing all the documents and said all assessed but needs to send more documents
I was waiting fro Etobicoke to ask me whatever they need but now i fell like they didnt even touch my file
Question is
Can i send some more latest proofs like bank statement insurance under both names
Joint bill and couple mails same adress today by CSE?
And let them know that please see these items and final my case
Is there any side effects by doing this
Any help appreciated

hhalterman

Oct 3, 2018
Hello all,

A couple days ago my husband sent an email through the web forum to see what is taking so long as the estimated completion date would have been June 18th, 2019. Today he got a email response and this is what was said

“We verified the information you provided and can confirm a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision. ”

Which is very frustrating because when we login to the online account nothing has changed and they say it’s still in process. Has anyone else received a reply like this?