+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

cindni01

May 4, 2018
Thanks for kind reply
So what if they ask why im gonna enter canada again and did they ask you why u left if u knew your file is inland you are not allowd to travel?
They asked me for my work permit, passport, how long I was away for and reason for travel. This happened the second time. The first time I was asked ntn.

captain86

Jan 8, 2016
Hello guys!

Finally I got a PR !!

I would like to share my timeline for you and just keep as a reference :)

2018.06.27 Submitted application

2018.08.06 AOR

2019.02.11 IRCC start to reviewing my application

2019.02.28 Request GCMS Note ( I checked that my application was transferred to Montreal Hub)

2019.03.04 CIC Requested Sponsor's additional documents(Financial documents)

2019.03.07 Submit requested documents by Email

2019.03.15 Background check changed to "Not Applicable"..

2019.03.17 Open Work permit linked in the web portal

The application submitted in Jan 9, 2019.

2019.04.11 Updates on application status

Reviewing eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check " In Progress"

2019.04.17 Updates on Work Permit status

Reviewing eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
2019.04.18 Decision Made for Work Permit

2019.4.24 Sponsor Approval Letter(SA Completed)

2019.4.29 Work permit arrived by mail

2019.05.08 Status has been changed for additional documents

2019.06.26 Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

2019.07.25 AIP(Approval in Principle) approved + Got medical test request + Background check done

2019.08.03 Visit panel physician for medical test

2019.08.14 Medical Passed

2019.08.19 Decision Made + Received Interview letter via email(Interview scheduled on Aug 23)

2019.08.23 Landing Interview + Confirmation of Permanent Residence

Waiting for PR Card

Such a long journey to get a PR but it will be a big worth for me and my family to settle in Canada, and for our better life.

Best regards to everybody !!

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Hi guys what should i do now
My medical is going to expire in a week and still they didn’t finalize my application
Its still in Etobicoke for workshare
What are my options now
Are they going to ask me to do again medical?
Im tired of this process

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
I am going to apply for OWP now as I didn't apply for it when submitting my spousal sponsorship PR application thinking that I will receive my PR card on time. 1) Did anyone else submit their PR application and OWP application separately?

2) I read online that I can only submit a paper applicatin to Alberta. What supporting documents should I add to my paper application other than the two requested forms, marriage certificate, passport pages and proof of fee payment to make sure I will get it?

3) If you chose “Open work permit” in the form imm5710e, no information is required for 'details of intended work in Canada'. Does it help if I have a job offer and fill this section?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I am going to apply for OWP now as I didn't apply for it when submitting my spousal sponsorship PR application thinking that I will receive my PR card on time. 1) Did anyone else submit their PR application and OWP application separately?

2) I read online that I can only submit a paper applicatin to Alberta. What supporting documents should I add to my paper application other than the two requested forms, marriage certificate, passport pages and proof of fee payment to make sure I will get it?

3) If you chose “Open work permit” in the form imm5710e, no information is required for 'details of intended work in Canada'. Does it help if I have a job offer and fill this section?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1) Lots of people done that before with no problem, however expect 3-4 months wait for your OWP unless you have AIP then you would get it faster
2) Everything that is needed would be listed on the OWP document checklist, but if you need to work in health care or education you might want to submit Medicals along with OWP documents so they would let you work in those occupations
3) Having a job or not wouldn't make any difference, just put NA, they'll just give you permission to work for any employer

Reactions: Nisht and BrasilCan

Cvol

May 14, 2019
June 28th 2018 applicant.

Received medical request and extra documents on July 5th 2019

Sent medical & extra documents in July .
Called about a week ago since I felt something isn't right as the processing has been slow. As I called I've been told that I have to send in fingerprints from RCMP as been asked on July 5th together with my medical request and extra documents. I explained I had not received such request & they have re-sent it. Sent in my fingerprints via email to the officer that has requested it and received an answer that she will be finalizing my application right away. Montreal immigration office.

polarbear2017

Aug 28, 2017
Hey everyone, after 14 months we finally received PR today. For anyone interested to know, here is our timeline.

June 29, 2018 Application received (medical was submitted with application)
Aug 9, 2018 AOR
Oct 10, 2018 OWP approved
Feb 15, 2019 SA and DM on sponsor side
March 29, 2019 Background check started
April 12, 2019 AIP
April 15, 2019 Eligibility passed letter posted in MyCIC
July 4, 2019 DM on applicant's side (no DM email or letter received)
Aug 6, 2019 Landing interview email
Aug 22, 2019 Landing interview in Vancouver
Aug 29, 2019 PR Card arrived

Thank you for sharing this journey with me! Best wishes to you all. You will all get there and the wait will be worth it.

andygps

May 29, 2018
The last thing I heard for my application was back in February when I passed my medical. Since then, nothing!:/ Haven't gotten AIP or SA or anything. Just my CSQ(I'm applying in QC) and work permit so far. My application was received on June 11th.

This has probably been asked before, but this thread has so many pages - which number should we call to get an update?

LariBoo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
The last thing I heard for my application was back in February when I passed my medical. Since then, nothing!:/ Haven't gotten AIP or SA or anything. Just my CSQ(I'm applying in QC) and work permit so far. My application was received on June 11th.

This has probably been asked before, but this thread has so many pages - which number should we call to get an update?
Me too ... they sent an email saying Quebec applications are slow coz Quebec is choosing how many applicants to approve this year. They created a backlog inventory for applicants like us - 12-18 months processing time

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada

The number is 888242-2100. I recommend calling in the morning between 9 am and 10:30 am for a shorter wait time.
I am in the same boat, No AIP or SA. Are you stuck in the security check?

andygps

May 29, 2018
The number is 888242-2100. I recommend calling in the morning between 9 am and 10:30 am for a shorter wait time.
I am in the same boat, No AIP or SA. Are you stuck in the security check?
Thanks, I'll give them a call soon!
Yes my status has been stuck on background check for a while now..

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
June 28th 2018 applicant.

Received medical request and extra documents on July 5th 2019

Sent medical & extra documents in July .
Called about a week ago since I felt something isn't right as the processing has been slow. As I called I've been told that I have to send in fingerprints from RCMP as been asked on July 5th together with my medical request and extra documents. I explained I had not received such request & they have re-sent it. Sent in my fingerprints via email to the officer that has requested it and received an answer that she will be finalizing my application right away. Montreal immigration office.
Did you ever use the web form prior to calling in between this time? We have used the web form a couple times and always get the same information we can find easily on our online account. Trying to decide if its worth calling. Maybe there is info they might give on the phone that they wouldn't through the web form request?

Cvol

May 14, 2019
Did you ever use the web form prior to calling in between this time? We have used the web form a couple times and always get the same information we can find easily on our online account. Trying to decide if its worth calling. Maybe there is info they might give on the phone that they wouldn't through the web form request?
Yes I would casually check the web form but it doesn't give the notes like a request for fingerprints. Also I had a feeling something is'nt right because it was taking too long to get a response after I submitted the medicals so I called in to follow up and check. Good thing I did. Submitted my fingerprints and a day after the web form changed to "decision made". So very shortly I should be getting an email from cic.