+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
For those of you still waiting.
At the MP's office I heard something interesting. She said that some times background checks and eligibility checks for PA take longer based on birth country. She said people with a history of military service should expect to have their applications take much longer than normal. Has anyone heard this ?

CanadaJamDoc

Oct 19, 2017
At the MP's office I heard something interesting. She said that some times background checks and eligibility checks for PA take longer based on birth country. She said people with a history of military service should expect to have their applications take much longer than normal. Has anyone heard this ?
I was just told when I called last Friday that it can take a lot longer to get responses back from certain birth countries in regards to the background check and perhaps that is why our application is taking longer. But there were no real details given on why we haven't had any updates since SA in February.
I did however ask why we haven't seen a medical request yet and she said there was one on file already from his Visitors visa application. That was over 5 years ago though and she said sometimes they deem them as still valid? I don't know what to think anymore.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
The truth is that in an effort to speed up the process down to 6 months, Mississauga had to send a huge chunk of the workload to different processing centres. But instead of shipping them out sometime in the beginning of the process, they sent them only in February. Offices like Etobicoke, Vancouver, and Montreal are extremely backlogged and so our process is likely to take longer than a year. You can see from the January 2019 thread that they've already finished the process within 6 months.
It is also true that people from certain countries do experience longer background check either because they require more extensive checks or due to the difficulty in communicating with those government agencies.

Reactions: Betabr

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I was just told when I called last Friday that it can take a lot longer to get responses back from certain birth countries in regards to the background check and perhaps that is why our application is taking longer. But there were no real details given on why we haven't had any updates since SA in February.
I did however ask why we haven't seen a medical request yet and she said there was one on file already from his Visitors visa application. That was over 5 years ago though and she said sometimes they deem them as still valid? I don't know what to think anymore.
Regarding the med exam, I don't think the agent was telling the truth. Usually they are only valid for a year, unless they've made an exception.

Reactions: CanadaJamDoc

CanadaJamDoc

Oct 19, 2017
Regarding the med exam, I don't think the agent was telling the truth. Usually they are only valid for a year, unless they've made an exception.
I'm thinking the same thing. I ordered my notes almost a month ago so maybe I will have some insight when I get them. Thank you.

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
I was told the same thing regarding the country of birth when I called and spoke to an agent but I have not received sponsor approval either and that doesn't have to do anything with applicant's country of birth.

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
The truth is that in an effort to speed up the process down to 6 months, Mississauga had to send a huge chunk of the workload to different processing centres. But instead of shipping them out sometime in the beginning of the process, they sent them only in February. Offices like Etobicoke, Vancouver, and Montreal are extremely backlogged and so our process is likely to take longer than a year. You can see from the January 2019 thread that they've already finished the process within 6 months.
It is also true that people from certain countries do experience longer background check either because they require more extensive checks or due to the difficulty in communicating with those government agencies.

Its hard not to be sour (good for the people who applied in January) but very painful for many of us.
Your message makes sense to me however, because one of the notes I observed on our file was that they began processing out application only in Feb 2019. If that true however (6 month thing) we all should be getting our PR's within the month

mrezanejad

Nov 8, 2017
13 months and yet no update since February.

Yes, I strongly suspect they discriminate based on nationality.

My background check has not even started. No SA, AIP, nothing, just the medical in Feb. I have contacted my MP office and they contacted CIC and got nothing.

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
13 months and yet no update since February.

Yes, I strongly suspect they discriminate based on nationality.

My background check has not even started. No SA, AIP, nothing, just the medical in Feb. I have contacted my MP office and they contacted CIC and got nothing.
You are not alone - we applied June 4th - nothing except OWP and medical in Feb. We've also pulled our GCMS notes ( which show that our app has been bounced around between offices, but nothing has actually been done.) Also contacted MP, who got nothing more than we got from a WebForm inquiry. App is currently in Hamilton, which is also where we live. But, it's been there for almost two months with no action as far as we know. (We've applied for another set of GCMS notes, for both the PA and the sponsor.)

But ... given that we're a Canadian-born and US-born couple, it's hard to see how nationality would be involved. I suspect that a batch of applications (those from early June) got mislaid for a while and they're just not telling us.

Our MP did go back to IRCC asking them to state when the file was scheduled to be reviewed next - apparently that's the only other thing that they can do. So far, no response after 10 days.

Thegreen

Jun 13, 2019
Here June 4th applicant, same boat nothing after medical test in February, so frustrating, until now we didn’t receive nothing else, no updates at all !!! We called Cic and they told my wife that I passed the security check, that’s it !

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
I agree they bounced around a few batches. Lots of us from August are in the same position and all different PA nationalities seem to be affected. It’s definitely frustrating!
You are not alone - we applied June 4th - nothing except OWP and medical in Feb. We've also pulled our GCMS notes ( which show that our app has been bounced around between offices, but nothing has actually been done.) Also contacted MP, who got nothing more than we got from a WebForm inquiry. App is currently in Hamilton, which is also where we live. But, it's been there for almost two months with no action as far as we know. (We've applied for another set of GCMS notes, for both the PA and the sponsor.)

But ... given that we're a Canadian-born and US-born couple, it's hard to see how nationality would be involved. I suspect that a batch of applications (those from early June) got mislaid for a while and they're just not telling us.

Our MP did go back to IRCC asking them to state when the file was scheduled to be reviewed next - apparently that's the only other thing that they can do. So far, no response after 10 days.

Reactions: Linda_s74