+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
It’s the same for us and I’m assuming it’s because Vancouver is so backlogged and slow. I think we can expect to wait a few months in limbo with no letters, judging by what others seem to be experiencing. Probably nothing until the landing letter/appointment, which is 2-3 months after DM.
We are in Vancouver and have received the latest letters from Vancouver Innovation Hub. My main worry is that we didn't receive a DM letter, so I don't even know if it means approval or not. It's just on ecas. Is that normal?

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Well. Officially one day over the expected completion time line. :( :( We called CIC and were told basically things look "in order" on their end and that we would just have to wait. My online account on CIC now says something like "we are taking longer than usual to process your application", and something about complexity.
A little frustrating because there really isn't anything odd or complex about our situation. We are married, sent oodles of proof for cohabitation and our marriage. Submitted the Schedule A up front. (see timeline for info).

Is it too early to write to my MP?

Reactions: jojo2969

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Well. Officially one day over the expected completion time line. :( :( We called CIC and were told basically things look "in order" on their end and that we would just have to wait. My online account on CIC now says something like "we are taking longer than usual to process your application", and something about complexity.
A little frustrating because there really isn't anything odd or complex about our situation. We are married, sent oodles of proof for cohabitation and our marriage. Submitted the Schedule A up front. (see timeline for info).

Definitely contact your MP, this alone will take a while for you to get a response so I wouldn’t wait. Your application is most likely only waiting for a final decision and is waiting in limbo until an immigration officer picks it up for review. I have no idea how this work and it’s frustrating to see that some January 2019 already landed when others are passed the 12 month timeline.

sector7g

Sep 2, 2018
I got my interview email today! For those checking ECAS and MyCIC for updates, it doesn't seem very reliable or consistent so I wouldn't rely on it too much. We had no updates at all since the medical back in February then suddenly we got AIP and DM on both sides in ECAS within a few days of each other at the end of May. We never received any correspondence for DM, just an ECAS update. I'm a June 18 applicant so MyCIC is now saying "Your application is taking us longer than usual to process." even though we already have DM. Our landing interview is for July 18 at Vancouver so it'll be exactly 1 year and 1 month for us. The whole process seems very inconsistent with people who applied many months after us landing already so I understand the frustration. Good luck to everyone waiting still!

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada

My MP only provided status and said that the process seems normal, so based on my personal experience, the MP can't speed up the process even though I am past the one year processing time. Is anyone else still waiting for the sponsor approval from June applicants? :(

Reactions: BrasilCan

LariBoo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
My MP only provided status and said that the process seems normal, so based on my personal experience, the MP can't speed up the process even though I am past the one year processing time. Is anyone else still waiting for the sponsor approval from June applicants? :(
Yes I am still waiting . I am June 6th in Montreal. What is MP? I haven’t contacted anyone at CIC coz it’s says online that it’s taking longer than usual. I don’t know what to do.

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Yes I am still waiting . I am June 6th in Montreal. What is MP? I haven’t contacted anyone at CIC coz it’s says online that it’s taking longer than usual. I don’t know what to do.
MP is member of parliament. Look for the one that’s responsible for the area you live in. You can find that online. MPs have greater access than you do and can maybe help out.

Thegreen

Jun 13, 2019
Im June 4 applicant (Mississauga) and we still waiting for SA and same message on gckey your process is taken longer ... my sponsor (my wife) call to CIC two weeks ago and day after I received this mail:

Good day,

This email is in regards to your sponsorship application processing time.
It appears that you have all the required documentation on file and your file is now waiting to be reviewed by an Immigration Officer.
Kind regards,
C&I Services Assistant

Innovation Hub Vancouver - FCPU

Still waiting for news btw my file still in Vancouver, hopefully everything will be good, good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharukh khan

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Im June 4 applicant, and we still waiting for SA and same message on gckey your process is taken longer ... my sponsor (my wife) call to CIC two weeks ago and day after I received this mail:

Good day,

It appears that you have all the required documentation on file and your file is now waiting to be reviewed by an Immigration Officer.
Kind regards,
C&I Services Assistant

Still waiting for news btw my file still in Vancouver, hopefully everything will be good, good luck to everyone!
Is it your local office ?
Hiw come they sent u email?
Did you tell agent to ask the officer about your case,?

Thegreen

Jun 13, 2019

Local office Mississauga
My wife call and the agent who attended the call told my wife that she will send a message to my case worker and after day I got that email

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Im June 4 applicant (Mississauga) and we still waiting for SA and same message on gckey your process is taken longer ... my sponsor (my wife) call to CIC two weeks ago and day after I received this mail:

Good day,

Kind regards,
C&I Services Assistant

We also filed on June 4th, and have received nothing except the medical request and result. We sent an inquiry via the web form (after having no luck getting through on the phone line). We got a boilerplate reply pointing out all sorts of obvious things like how to log in to ecas and mycic - the core of which was:

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
One of the questions we asked, specifically, was "which office has our application" (our medical request came without an email). The only identifying feature in this recent reply was the signature - "Pascalle, Agent xxxx", so we still don't know where our application is being processed. We ordered GCMS notes 30 days ago, so we might learn some more on Tuesday, I suppose.

Toubkaltip

Mar 11, 2019
We also filed on June 4th, and have received nothing except the medical request and result. We sent an inquiry via the web form (after having no luck getting through on the phone line). We got a boilerplate reply pointing out all sorts of obvious things like how to log in to ecas and mycic - the core of which was:

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
One of the questions we asked, specifically, was "which office has our application" (our medical request came without an email). The only identifying feature in this recent reply was the signature - "Pascalle, Agent xxxx", so we still don't know where our application is being processed. We ordered GCMS notes 30 days ago, so we might learn some more on Tuesday, I suppose.
Agent name looks like it’s from Montreal.

m_garcia

Jun 25, 2017
Just received my landing interview email from SS22182 ONT - Hamilton CIC | ONT - CIC-Hamilton
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for July 5, 2019 at 1pm. to finalize my application. Finally, uff, I'm so freaking happy.
My app is from June 25, 2018, and got AIP on May 30, 2019. Hope everyone get their emails soon, do not stress out, it will come, its about time. Best of luck to all. :):):)

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Just received my landing interview email from SS22182 ONT - Hamilton CIC | ONT - CIC-Hamilton
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for July 5, 2019 at 1pm. to finalize my application. Finally, uff, I'm so freaking happy.
My app is from June 25, 2018, and got AIP on May 30, 2019. Hope everyone get their emails soon, do not stress out, it will come, its about time. Best of luck to all. :):):)
Happy for you