+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
I applied in june for spouse inland suponsership medical has done now waiting for DM
Anyone else here same situation??
Did you actually get medical request or you just did it yourself? I have not seen any June applicants announce receiving medical request in this thread yet so I don't know what niamahmoud means by 'pretty much everyone'. It's good news if they have started sending medical request to June applicants.
Can you please share your timeline in your signiture?

Reactions: SDOUGLAS

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Did you actually get medical request or you just did it yourself? I have not seen any June applicants announce receiving medical request in this thread yet so I don't know what niamahmoud means by 'pretty much everyone'. It's good news if they have started sending medical request to June applicants.
Can you please share your timeline in your signiture?
I was speaking regarding the awaiting DM bit.

Reactions: Nisht

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
4 months today. no news about my OWP. but i will continue to hope and wait that it will be mine and my partners turn to hear good news soon. :)

Reactions: Zoyanova

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
I expect that early June applicants start to receive medical request this week. Please update as soon as you hear the good news! Thanks.

gastridr

Sep 30, 2018
I'm curious immigration recived my application the 1st of June but did not start processing it until the 17 of July.. should I expect the same timeline as June applicants or July? Thanks

Yasir Ayub

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi All,

Just received my job contract and will be going to Service Ontario tomorrow to apply for my OHIP medical insurance card.
Will keep you posted on the progress.
It seems that you must have a permanent job or a contract for at least 6 months before you are eligible for OHIP in Ontario.

Fingers crossed.

Esk

Sep 12, 2018
Hello!!
Did anyone receive the medical exam request?
Looks like some of July’s applicants received a medical exam request today.

Yasir Ayub

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi All,

Just received my job contract and will be going to Service Ontario tomorrow to apply for my OHIP medical insurance card.
Will keep you posted on the progress.
It seems that you must have a permanent job or a contract for at least 6 months before you are eligible for OHIP in Ontario.

Fingers crossed.
Update on OHIP:-

Well, it seems that you have to be in work for at least three months before your OHIP medical cover will start.
I went to Service Ontario on Tuesday and they informed me that if i have an Open Work Permit, i must get a letter from my employer with specific information in specific format in order for them to accept my application.
in addition to the letter, The medical cover will only start after 3 months of work in my new job.
I did ask them the logic of the condition as i am already in the country for over 4 months, have a job offer with the contract with me and have all supporting documents to say that i am residing in Ontario and have applied for my PR which is under process.
apparently it is the law...........bloody frustrating.........