+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Dear All, I finally got my COPR. Took over 2years and 6 months but it did finally happen. Would like to thank all of you for all the support and help during this journey.

I have a few questions though.

The letter along with COPR said that currently only COPR before march 2020 are being allowed.?
I checked online on this website Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca
]
It said the following

Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry. You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently.

So my question is can I enter Canada if yes how and where do I need to confirm?

Cant reach there and realize they want to send me back!!

Also one more question ....can I enter via USA? my brother is an american citizen so would prefer to stay there and then make an entry into canada? is there a problem in that?

@cansha @sid1987 - thanks a lot to the both of you for all help and guidance.

Reactions: rohanid6 and cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Dear All, I finally got my COPR. Took over 2years and 6 months but it did finally happen. Would like to thank all of you for all the support and help during this journey.

The letter along with COPR said that currently only COPR before march 2020 are being allowed.?
]
It said the following

Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry. You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently.

Also one more question ....can I enter via USA? my brother is an american citizen so would prefer to stay there and then make an entry into canada? is there a problem in that?

Congrats. That was a long wait!

Yes, you can enter via USA and I think you need to tell them how you plan to quarantine yourself. Also, based on the tool it appears that a border agent "may" refuse if you are doing just a soft landing and not planning to stay long term. However, I know some people have successfully done soft landing from USA as well. I think if you are moving permanently there should not be an issue.

rohanid6

May 23, 2018

]
It said the following

Congratulations.. so happy for you

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@cansha I am a FSWO applicant too. My medical exams will now expire on March 7, 2020. Does medical expiry lead to any alert at IRCC or will the endless wait just continue?

My AOR is Oct 13, 2018. Also, there is just about a month to go, can they ask for a new exam too?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha I am a FSWO applicant too. My medical exams will now expire on March 7, 2020. Does medical expiry lead to any alert at IRCC or will the endless wait just continue?

My AOR is Oct 13, 2018. Also, there is just about a month to go, can they ask for a new exam too?
IRCC in some cases extend your current medicals. But I'm not aware whether there are some rules to do so or it is done at random. You may be asked to do another medical. As for the wait, there is no good way of answering that. IRCC is unpredictable and some applications just seem to slip through the cracks and not touched for a long time. In recent times, FSWO applicants from Accra VO have been reporting PPRs in 3 month timeframe. Accra used to be one of the slowest VOs but in recent times they have been processing applications quite fast. PPR processing in some sense is a draw of luck. Unfortunately, sometimes some folks end up waiting far too long.

Reactions: daveishan

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
@cansha just received a call from embassy. They asked certain questions regarding one of my employer. Any idea by when will they update on my profile with an update?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha just received a call from embassy. They asked certain questions regarding one of my employer. Any idea by when will they update on my profile with an update?
It is anyone's guess at this point. But, it is a good thing they finally called and asked you questions. I think this should happen soon enough now.

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
It is anyone's guess at this point. But, it is a good thing they finally called and asked you questions. I think this should happen soon enough now.
Yeah true, don’t know why but that particular employment was way back in 2014. How the heck they can expect people to remember exact details of 8 yrs back. It’s was a very weird experience

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hi All, Planning to move to Canada in May,
Have a few questions

Can I drive a car with my Indian driving license ? My plan to land and hire a car to drive to the place I intend to be in quarantine may be keep the car for the first 15 days? I am moving to Ontario and landing in Toronto with my wife and 2 kids. I am thinking of taking a car and driving to the place I will book.

Second can I hire a Airbnb place for the initial period say a month. Will the authorities send my pr card to the air bnb / a hotel address or do they need a permanent address with rent agreement?

Also since we will have to be in self quarantine I am planning to stay out of GTA area so that I can get a cheap and good accommodation.

Thoughts on the above pls.

@cansha and other pls help