+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Just a quick question for the group. I decided to contact my MP after 15 months. Just wondering for those who contacted their MP how long after did they receive an update from the MP regarding their application?
It varies from case and MP I think. In my case, I would get an update in about 3 business days from MP in email. The application status is still the same, I mean it has not caused my file to get started processing or anything. But I would get reply from MP about status of my file in about 3 business days. Thanks.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hi guys, there has been a recent update on my file. When I logged into the portal, it said 'Application Updated'. However, I did not receive any email notification for this application update. On the application status page, I noticed a change in 'Background Check' status.
From - 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.'
To - 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.'

Would you know what this change represents? How many more hoops should I expect to jump before PPR?

My Timeline for reference:
AOR Sept 2018
Med Pass Oct 2018
No updates after that. Generic reply from WebForm - 'Your file is under review by officer ... '
My 1st GCMS request has crossed 3 months, and 2nd GCMS was filed 3 weeks back. No updates on either.
Background check includes Criminality, Security and maybe some other checks too.....It means your file is now being processed and everything seems well I think. When file goes under review the timelines can get delayed, and no one can tell the timelines for sure I think. Contacting MP for file updates is a very good idea I think.

NeSu

Jul 9, 2019
Congrats! The wait is over.

Well, generally the time given to enter is dependent on the medical expiry date so you're correct it is possible they give you date of 28 Sep. But send in your passport and see what they come back with. On the COPR they do say that the date can not be changed. So, I hope they give you a reasonable time to make all arrangements. All the best!
I hope so too!

It would be easier to have couple of months but lets see..

Thanks a lot for the reply.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Reactions: EE12345

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Well the only news I can share is that I’m out with Jaundice and on bed rest. Lol
Trust me I’ll lit this forum once the lazy people at delhi send me that stupid email. Hehe
Bhai take rest and eat papaya leaves...will help...hope you get well soon and ppr sooner.

Reactions: rohanid6

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Hi Guys,

I have finally received passport request.
Here is the timeline
AOR 6th Sep 2018
Medicals Passed 28th Sep 2018
Ordered GCMS notes on March, everything seemed alright.
Security Criminality was pending.

I would like to ask you guys, i am wondering if you know how much time they give to enter the country?

My medicals expiring on Sep 28 and i was not asked for remedical?

My concern is that they will ask to enter before that date which would make it hard for me to organise everything.
Thanks in advance and all the best to everyone!
Congrats!

RedWhite

Jul 7, 2018
Background check includes Criminality, Security and maybe some other checks too.....It means your file is now being processed and everything seems well I think. When file goes under review the timelines can get delayed, and no one can tell the timelines for sure I think. Contacting MP for file updates is a very good idea I think.
Does this mean that file can still go for RR/SS? I will wait for the GCMS notes I have requested.

RedWhite

Jul 7, 2018
So does that mean my file was not in SS thus far? Because file entered IP2 only last week, and Security checks (including SS) happens in IP2?

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
So does that mean my file was not in SS thus far? Because file entered IP2 only last week, and Security checks (including SS) happens in IP2?
Uh from what i know, Security and Criminality checks are part of Background check. I do not know about IP2 stage. From what I know, not all applications go for long security screening. They may or may not. So yes, a file may go in RR/SS or may not.

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November