+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP
UPDATE: after more than 10 months since AOR and 2 ADRs, I finally have been requested to undergo new medical examinations.
I hope it means what we think it means.
Also hope that things are moving for the remaining awaiting applicants as well.
Hi, is your case in Sydeny-CIO Nova Scotia?

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
a quick question for you guys experts. ;)
I have just recieved my CSIS and it says my SS is still in progress. I wonder if that means I still need to wait for awhile, may be months? Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

NASARIS

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
So 2 weeks ago I wrote here that I called CIC asking about the status of my application (June 17 AOR). The woman that answered me was very nice and said that she is not sure why my application is not yet approved. She said she will leave a message to my case officer.

Yesterday, I received one of those template messages from, I assume, my case officer.

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Is this message a good sign or nothing important? @tobs @cansha any insights?

aroraanjuman

Sep 15, 2018
Hi, I wouldn’t leave this to chance. Don’t mean to scare you but there have been too many refusals because of NOC issues and employment (after 8 months)

My advise; try to get attested letters from your colleagues(maybe even a senior) on normal paper, look for work emails that could show you did some of those job duties, etc. anything that could help prove you did those duties.

The onus is on the applicant to show they performed the duties listed
There is one thing though I am in doubt here, is this review required about wrong NOC or job duties not explained correctly? Can you please guide me?

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
So 2 weeks ago I wrote here that I called CIC asking about the status of my application (June 17 AOR). The woman that answered me was very nice and said that she is not sure why my application is not yet approved. She said she will leave a message to my case officer.

Yesterday, I received one of those template messages from, I assume, my case officer.

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

This message is no sign. It is a tape that they play for every email they receive.

Reactions: NASARIS

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
There is one thing though I am in doubt here, is this review required about wrong NOC or job duties not explained correctly? Can you please guide me?
Can you specify responsibilities you stated on the letter and the NOC you quoted?

tristonz

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018

I got this same reply from Ottawa on Feb 19.
It looks like just another generic reply.

aroraanjuman

Sep 15, 2018
Can you specify responsibilities you stated on the letter and the NOC you quoted?
Work Experience Letter (on official letterhead and with stamp, sign):

"Her brief experience summary during the stay with the organisation is given below:
Has worked on technologies like IBM-AIX, Power HA, Virtualisation IO, HMC and Linux Basics"

Self Declaration:
1. Member of Network and systems team
2. Run more than 15 quality checks on newly built servers as an OPS QA(Operational Quality Assurance of Server) on daily basis
3.Analyze based on the results of the quality checks if the servers are fit for release or if they have defects
4.Maintain IT documents for the defects logged during quality checks
5. Received training by Team Lead to analyze user and system requirements provided for server virtualization that allows network team to manage virtual networking with the same features as physical network without affecting the server team
6. Build and release virtual servers using VSphere, VmWare's platform for building virtualized cloud infrastructure
7.Generating weekly reports for liaising with supervisor for resolving issues in build and defects logged in quality assurance and maintaining high performance level

NOC 2281:

Computer network technicians perform some or all of the following duties:

• Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment
  • Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications
  • Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
  • Provide problem-solving services to network users
  • Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
  • Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
  • Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
  • Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
  • Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
  • Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software
  • Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
  • May supervise other workers in this group.

I found this NOC the closest match. Do you think the following lines in GCMS are because they feel that NOC is incorrect:

"Project Engineer at Wipro Limited. Insufficient evidence that PA is performing the work which is consistent with the Lead statement of the declared NOC. letter confirms salary. Review Required."

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Work Experience Letter (on official letterhead and with stamp, sign):

"Her brief experience summary during the stay with the organisation is given below:
Has worked on technologies like IBM-AIX, Power HA, Virtualisation IO, HMC and Linux Basics"

Self Declaration:
1. Member of Network and systems team
2. Run more than 15 quality checks on newly built servers as an OPS QA(Operational Quality Assurance of Server) on daily basis
3.Analyze based on the results of the quality checks if the servers are fit for release or if they have defects
4.Maintain IT documents for the defects logged during quality checks
5. Received training by Team Lead to analyze user and system requirements provided for server virtualization that allows network team to manage virtual networking with the same features as physical network without affecting the server team
6. Build and release virtual servers using VSphere, VmWare's platform for building virtualized cloud infrastructure
7.Generating weekly reports for liaising with supervisor for resolving issues in build and defects logged in quality assurance and maintaining high performance level

NOC 2281:

Computer network technicians perform some or all of the following duties:

• Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment
  • Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications
  • Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
  • Provide problem-solving services to network users
  • Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
  • Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
  • Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
  • Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
  • Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
  • Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software
  • Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
  • May supervise other workers in this group.

I found this NOC the closest match. Do you think the following lines in GCMS are because they feel that NOC is incorrect:

"Project Engineer at Wipro Limited. Insufficient evidence that PA is performing the work which is consistent with the Lead statement of the declared NOC. letter confirms salary. Review Required."
I am not the best judge but I feel, because you started your JD with a couple of quality checks, I am guessing 2171 would be a more suitable.

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ViewAllTitles.aspx?val=2&val1=2171&ver=16

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Generic response and its not from your case officer but the customer service agent.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Thanks. Does it at least mean my background check is complete and just waiting for officer to review?
not neccesarily