+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I just got an email by my agent. He sent me the link on which i can pay them the RPRF amount. I was just worried thinking that it should not effect my case negatively by paying on my own without asking them. But my agent assured that there is no problem in doing that but i dont believe them as they have been very unprofessional in the past . I just wanted to know other ppl’s experiences with such things.
If you are in ip1 or have review required, I would suggest you to wait. Did you order gcms notes? Are there any red flags on your application? You need to know all this first before taking any steps.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Vijeta Manhas

Apr 11, 2019
If you are in ip1 or have review required, I would suggest you to wait. Did you order gcms notes? Are there any red flags on your application? You need to know all this first before taking any steps.
How do we get to know if we are in IP1 or IP2? My background check shows it is under progress, so i think i am in ip1 stage but as per gcms notes , everything is good. There are no red flags. Can i share gcms notes with you? So that you can have a look and give me the summary?

Vijeta Manhas

Apr 11, 2019
Unlikely his app got refused.. but it did trigger the officer to pick up his file n process
Ohhh that’s something to worry about. What was the reason of his refusal? In my case, everything is good i hope. My CRS score was 458 . Age was 26 at the time of AOR. WES certified degrees and certified job experience. Ielts was 8.5,7.5,7,7.5,7.5 .So what areas could lead to refusal?

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
How do we get to know if we are in IP1 or IP2? My background check shows it is under progress, so i think i am in ip1 stage but as per gcms notes , everything is good. There are no red flags. Can i share gcms notes with you? So that you can have a look and give me the summary?
Background Check in progress means IP2. You can contact CIC on your own through WEB CSE, Email or Phone if you have your Application Number, dob, UCI number Address and other details.

All details are on the GCMS Notes. If you have ordered them.

The email or web cse cse would only be good if the registered email id is your email id or the one that you can access.

If not, the best bet is to call CIC, stay on hold and get the details.

Remember, CIC no longer defines application status as ip1 or ip2 etc. Better questions to ask them is, "what stage is my background check?", "Has Eligibility, Criminality, Security all passed?"

You can pay your RPRF anytime without any fear. There are fair chances it will lead some movement on your file, and there are, it may not.

So, Karm kar baalike, phal ki ichha mat kar. :)

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Vijeta Manhas

Apr 11, 2019
Background Check in progress means IP2. You can contact CIC on your own through WEB CSE, Email or Phone if you have your Application Number, dob, UCI number Address and other details.

All details are on the GCMS Notes. If you have ordered them.

The email or web cse cse would only be good if the registered email id is your email id or the one that you can access.

If not, the best bet is to call CIC, stay on hold and get the details.

Remember, CIC no longer defines application status as ip1 or ip2 etc. Better questions to ask them is, "what stage is my background check?", "Has Eligibility, Criminality, Security all passed?"

You can pay your RPRF anytime without any fear. There are fair chances it will lead some movement on your file, and there are, it may not.

So, Karm kar baalike, phal ki ichha mat kar. :)
Hahhaha ! I am a great devotee of kanhaji and do follow his teachings but in this case , I am running out of patience now :(. Anyway, I have been sending them reminder every month via web cse but they always give similar kinda reply which is to vague. Their latest reply was :
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Furthermore, all the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

This us their standard email which is for everyone. And my case is too simple. I don’t know what is making them to keep it on hold. Anyway I am finding this forum really helpful. Its good to meet people who are sailing on the same boat, otherwise I was feeling I am the special one who is going through this. I know 5-6 people who applied in November, December 2018 ( 5-6 months later than me) who got their PR last month and living in CAnada now

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Hahhaha ! I am a great devotee of kanhaji and do follow his teachings but in this case , I am running out of patience now :(. Anyway, I have been sending them reminder every month via web cse but they always give similar kinda reply which is to vague. Their latest reply was :
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Furthermore, all the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

This us their standard email which is for everyone. And my case is too simple. I don’t know what is making them to keep it on hold. Anyway I am finding this forum really helpful. Its good to meet people who are sailing on the same boat, otherwise I was feeling I am the special one who is going through this. I know 5-6 people who applied in November, December 2018 ( 5-6 months later than me) who got their PR last month and living in CAnada now
That is CIC for you.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Yes but not able to contact them via phone. I will try to get information on phone as well. If you have experience in understanding GCMS notes, can you decode mine? I am not so good in understanding their terminology?
Sure...look at the last 2-3-4 pages called notes.

Mostly on the last but one page you will find Agent's/Officer's assessment...take a pic, Hide everything personal and post it here.

Other sections to look at:
1. assessments on page 2
2. Activities before 'Notes' and ''Paper File Transfer'
3. Application and Application Status under the 'History' section.

Note, the most recent status will be in the beginning for everything. I.e. Activity 1 will be most recent and activity 40...45...will be old.

Last edited:

Vijeta Manhas

Apr 11, 2019
I don’t know how to upload picture here. Its asking for URL . I dont know how to get it. It would need me to upload pic online somewhere and that seems to be complicated process for not so techie person like me. Can you give me your email address? I can email you.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Fact time: lack of officers.. budget constraints... things will improve as new immigration budget came
I don't know. I never followed the news about the new budget. Hope what you are saying is correct, because otherwise with this increase in the ITAs, obviously they can't hold to the 6 month timeline anymore!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
But the question is, do they really procees it within 89 days?
Or these timelines are just typical as PR processing 6 months timeline
No, I think they do for BOWP. Because as far as I know, BOWP is done on a FIFO base. So, the officer just opens the file, considers the doc, and makes decision right away, (approve, reject, or ADR). It is less complicated than the PR. that is why they can tell how long exactly it takes (e.g. 89 days).

Reactions: Tazzo