App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Last edited:

Ernes123

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,

I was not scheduled for landing interview. Got PPR - sent passport - waiting for COPR. Once I receive passport I will do landing anywhere near ON province.

Your case, they don't care where you work all they care is resident of which province. Carry proof of residence(Driving licensee or mails) from Ontario which corresponds to where you are filing your taxes.

Yes, I am still working for Quebec employer remotely from Toronto.
Thank you Reddy, I really appreciate you share your experience.

meany23

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
PPR!!!

8 Months later I finally got the golden email I have been waiting for :):):)

This process tested my patience level to the core. I was in my own zone cribbing and getting annoyed and didn’t know what to do other than waiting. Then I saw super kind and fun people like @tobs @Mr_nobody @R.Tequila and many more - made me realise that helping others and making fun of agent Mathew is what I was supposed to do from the beginning :D. The purpose of the goal is not to achieve the goal, but the person you become while achieving it (- Tony Robbins).

Thanks to @tobs and @cansha and you all for helping with so many queries (I have more questions on further process :p) and I’m looking forward to meet people like you in Canada, who inspire so many others to be at their best.

Praying for PPR emails for everyone waiting. :)

Axehere

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
PPR!!!

This process tested my patience level to the core. I was in my own zone cribbing and getting annoyed and didn’t know what to do other than waiting. Then I saw super kind and fun people like @tobs @Mr_nobody @R.Tequila and many more - made me realise that helping others and making fun of agent Mathew is what I was supposed to do from the beginning :D. The purpose of the goal is not to achieve the goal, but the person you become while achieving it (- Tony Robbins).

Thanks to @tobs and @cansha and you all for helping with so many queries (I have more questions on further process :p) and I’m looking forward to meet people like you in Canada, who inspire so many others to be at their best.

Congratulations...

Reactions: meany23

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
PPR!!!

Congratulations and all the best for the future...

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Rain of ppr for September and October folks.
What’s wrong with June applications? Why are they doing this or following such random pattern of processing files?
For August too... They seriously need some kind of earthquake to be awaken for remaining June folks !1

Last edited:

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi @tobs So as I told you last time that my current status in Canada is expiring soon and so far I haven’t received ppr . I have decided to move back to my home country, And come back once I get PR now .

But let’s assume in best case scenario if I receive PPR request before that can I stay in Canada and submit my passport here even if my current status expires ? Does having a ppr request means now you are on implied status or not ? Or will I have to still go back and submit passport at my home country only . Thanks
No, two pints:
1- Your study permit is valid until March 30th. So, you can stay till March 30th. no problem at all.
2- For CIC, your PR application is not complete unless you do landing. Passport request is just another step for CIC.
So, even if you receive passport request, if you cannot do landing before March 30th, you cannot stay in Canada beyond March 30th.
The only way that you can stay after March 30th is either (a) you do the landing and finish everything before March 30th or (b) you apply for another permit before march 30th such as work permit or study permit.
Hope it helps
As usual you ask @tobs and I interfere and answer instead of her :D
No! Be careful not to make any mistake. You won't be considered PR until the time that you actually finish the landing. And from ppr to landing, you would at least need 1 month time to send you passport, they initiate COPR, receive them and go to a border for landing.
I agree with @Mr_nobody.If you had a visiting visa or anything that allows you to stay back in Canada, then you can wait back to submit your passport, but if you don't then you're not legally allowed to stay. Although, I suspect that it may not raise much of an issue (I mean people overstay their visa by days and weeks and they end up fine) but it's better not to risk it.
But if you get your PPR before your current work permit expires, then it maybe cheaper to apply for a study permit that gives you an implied status than to fly back.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
But, wait, can't you submit an application for change of status from study permit to a visitor (visitor record - asking for an approval of, let's say, 6 months period) before March 30th, and that way you would be on implied status until they process and make a decision on that (visitor) application (cca. 60 days, info available on CIC site)? See link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html
And if you're lucky, in the meantime, during those 60 days of processing, a decision on your PR app might me made? What you think, @Mr_nobody ?
I was thinking to do the same initially but being on visitors visa means you can’t work or study which basically means you are doing nothing being in Canada. So I thought I might as well go back and wait for the decision and come back once I receive PR.
I Don’t know what’s the best deal in my case but after reading few forums and replies on my previous queries on this group I felt that’s it’s safe to leave Canada and come back later with PR status .
I agree with you both.
If she gets her PPR before March 30th,applying for a change from study to visit will be the best option.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
PPR!!!

Congratulations darling!!
It was a pleasure having you here. Our Mr. Matthew jokes were the bomb. We'll be here cracking those jokes till everyone gets their PPR.
"The purpose of the goal is not to achieve the goal, but the person you become while achieving it (- Tony Robbins)." I love this quote.
It's funny how I just realized we had the absolute same AOR. Fated??

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
And for May AOR aswell
Hi Lin, welcome to this thread.
What's your AOR and what's the latest information you have regarding your application?