+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
True that !! The processing timeline is so random it’s not the same for two identical cases ! I seriously feel they should do it in a systematic order so that the applicants will not panic !
They can't do that, bad application will hold up the line for the rest of the straightforward applications like mine. Honestly speaking I would not want an application with no job duties to be processed faster than ones which do in the interest of fairness.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
I sent it on 31st of jan and it was received at IRCC DELHI on 4th of jan !
Hmmmm .. thats too long from ircc delhi standards

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
Oh, Agent Mathew.

I really hope I never meet him in person. There is a fair chance I will be kicked out of Canada if I do!
I hope I do, I want to know how the copy/paste function looks in real life.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Hi all,

I received another set of notes that was generated on January 10th (7 months after Aor)
In the notes, it says Final Decision: File On Hold. what does that mean?

In their notes, it says that everything is met and no concerns for admissibility.

Our file is in Montreal Immigration office.

Any thoughts?

@legalfalcon @cansha if you guys (or anyone else) can share your thoughts or any advise I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks
It could be good or bad... good in final zone.. bad heading for ss

Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
They can't do that, bad application will hold up the line for the rest of the straightforward applications like mine. Honestly speaking I would not want an application with no job duties to be processed faster than ones which do in the interest of fairness.
They should give equal amount of time to each application be it bad or good ! lets say if a case officer is studying 10 files at the same time! he should give equal time to each file and the file which is straightforward will eventually be processed sooner than the one which needs Additional documents ( where he will request for one and simultaneously process next files ) , so it will be win - win situation for everyone.But they should not leave a FILE aside for months without touching it just because some files need Additional Review/Documents .

Look at my file they did not ask me any ADR but they have taken 7 plus months to give me an update and by that time they wanted to give the decision they asked me to redo the medicals - which is again associated with time and money !

Anyway this is just my opinion i wonder if it will ever happen !

Reactions: tobs and Axehere

Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
Hmmmm .. thats too long from ircc delhi standards
yeah i am thinking the same , Me and @kanu both of us have sent the passports same day neither of us got any update yet about the decision being made or passports being dispatched !

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
They should give equal amount of time to each application be it bad or good ! lets say if a case officer is studying 10 files at the same time! he should give equal time to each file and the file which is straightforward will eventually be processed sooner than the one which needs Additional documents ( where he will request for one and simultaneously process next files ) , so it will be win - win situation for everyone.But they should not leave a FILE aside for months without touching it just because some files need Additional Review/Documents .

Look at my file they did not ask me any ADR but they have taken 7 plus months to give me an update and by that time they wanted to give the decision they asked me to redo the medicals - which is again associated with time and money !

Anyway this is just my opinion i wonder if it will ever happen !
Even i used believe same .. now i can tell ya its not possible

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Could be many things. The office talks about a previous refugee claim and some admissibility refusal. Could also be a possible SS. Only way to know is to order CBSA notes.
Agree with that asked my buddy.. he says he is damn sure its due to old refugee claim, they have a diff database of refused claims, and then goes to ircc refugee departments for a report

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,

I received another set of notes that was generated on January 10th (7 months after Aor)
In the notes, it says Final Decision: File On Hold. what does that mean?

In their notes, it says that everything is met and no concerns for admissibility.

Our file is in Montreal Immigration office

Any thoughts?

link to screenshot of officer notes: https://ibb.co/bP2kYhk

@legalfalcon @cansha if you guys (or anyone else) can share your thoughts or any advise I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks
There have been a few cases in Montreal which show file on hold. I'm not certain why is that the case. But as others have pointed out it may mean they are awaiting inputs from some different department or taking a call whether to do more comprehensive security check i.e. SS. I think you may try writing a CSE and see if they provide more information but that is highly unlikely. I guess ordering CBSA notes may give us more information.

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I need some serious advice fron all of you. This forum is very friendly and has helped me through this endless wait.

My AOR is 26 april 2018 and i was working in Toronto at the time. My husband is working in Dubai. After applying for pr my company was downsizing so my position was eliminated in June. In September I decided to come visit my husband in Dubai on a 3 month visit visa while looking for a job in Toronto. We hoped by November the PR would come but turns out we are in SS so no signs until dec end too. We were contemplating whether I should take up job offers in Toronto but feared the PR might take too long and we don’t want to do long distance with such uncertainty,

I extended my visit visa hoping by Jan it would show up but now we are considering I take a residence visa in Dubai and stay here until the PR shows up because my husband can sponsor me here and i also have job offers here and dubai Residency takes only 10 days.

But we are not sure how this will affect my pr application and what updates should I send them? Will my file get rejected even though all is passed and SS is going in since June 26. Is it okay to get a Dubai Residency while pr is in process for Cec express entry.

Please advice us as we are so distressed and have no clue what to do. Our life is hanging between 2 countries.
@cansha @tobs @bimale4bipeople
It will be really helpful if you can advice me on this matter.

Thank you

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
@cansha @tobs @bimale4bipeople
It will be really helpful if you can advice me on this matter.

Thank you
If you are in the security check or screening phase, it means your eligibility and most likely your criminality would have been completed.
So I would say weight it out for the process to be completed. Get a role in Dubai and enjoy some tax free salary while you can :D
And most importantly relax

Reactions: saharali2909