+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
You share the same AoR as mine. I am guessing you would have had the privilege of getting in the IP2 array around last week of October 2019.
Ha, I wish! That would at least be something. Nope, I've been stuck in "IP1" since "MEP" on 30th June. Not even so much as a friendly ghost update this whole time.

1. Do you know your status for your Eligibility, Criminality and Security?
As far as I know:
Eligibility: Not Met - Review Required. Like I said, I uploaded revised documents which should satisfy the requirement weeks ago but they haven't picked my file up since.
Criminality: Not started
Security: Not started

2. Do you know the location of your file?
CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia. I emailed them directly two days ago but of course they're maintaining radio silence.

3. Have you ordered and/or received a set of GCM notes or now would be the first?
This will be my first. I'm only doing it in the hopes that it prompts them to look at my file, I already know what the issue is. Or maybe there are more issues. I guess it would be nice if they actually communicated to tell me. The only info I've got is from three CSEs and three calls.

4. Do you know if the work experience was marked as 'recommended met' before you were put into 'review required'?
No clue, I only got told that I was RR by a helpful call centre agent but she didn't give me any more detail than what it was for. I'm not even sure she was technically meant to tell me as much as she did. What really infuriates me is wondering how long they would have left me in the dark if I hadn't taken the initiative to call them. To this day I have had no official update from them to let me know anything is wrong or what the delay is.

Thanks for the support folks, it does help. I extend the same to all of you who are still waiting with me.

Last edited:

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Ha, I wish! That would at least be something. Nope, I've been stuck in "IP1" since "MEP" on 30th June. Not even so much as a friendly ghost update this whole time.

As far as I know:
Eligibility: Not Met - Review Required. Like I said, I uploaded revised documents which should satisfy the requirement weeks ago but they haven't picked my file up since.

CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia. I emailed them directly two days ago but of course they're maintaining radio silence.

This will be my first. I'm only doing it in the hopes that it prompts them to look at my file, I already know what the issue is. Or maybe there are more issues. I guess it would be nice if they actually communicated to tell me. The only info I've got is from three CSEs and three calls.

No clue, I only got told that I was RR by a helpful call centre agent but she didn't give me any more detail than what it was for. I'm not even sure she was technically meant to tell me as much as she did. What really infuriates me is wondering how long they would have left me in the dark if I hadn't taken the initiative to call them. To this day I have had no official update from them to let me know anything is wrong or what the delay is.

Thanks for the support folks, it does help. I extend the same to all of you who are still waiting with me.
Since you are european... is yr application paper or online.. bec many in my office did inland and did paper application

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018

As far as I know:

Well as long as they are keeping us in the dark despite multiple call attempts

NotSoExpress

Feb 2, 2019
Howdy!

So I've finally gone and created an account after silently lurking in this thread since ~November. You obviously don't know me, but I feel like I know most of you and have been an invisible passenger and loyal groupie for all your tumultuous journeys towards PR. I've shared your excitement, your frustration, the impatience, despair and anxiety every step of the way. The multi-daily GCKey account checks, the missed heartbeats with every new email notification, the awkward questions from family and friends about why I'm still here weeks after I told them I'd be in Canada... oh and don't get me started on Mathew.

Can I be honest with you guys? I didn't want to sign up here, not because you don't all seem like the coolest humans (which you totally do) but because I felt signing up would be an admission that my visa wasn't going to arrive on time, or even any time soon. A feeling I've held onto every minute since my 6 months post-AOR came and went in December; but this is it. Another week ends, I've hit my low point and I need to vent.

Maybe I should have opened by standing up and declaring "My name is ____ and I'm a PR-oholic" because this thread and the wider forum feel like a support group for an obsession that is steadily eating away at my soul and taking years off my life expectancy. The wait has become insufferable, but at least I know I'm not the only one still waiting. Still, feeling completely powerless, sucks huh?

FSW-O UK, AOR June 17th single applicant, no proper updates at all since medical passed on June 30th. Oh, well, I did get a pretty sweet progress bar to stare at (it has broken through the edge of my computer screen and just keeps going). Like many others I thought my application was pretty straightforward and I'd get my COPR within a couple of months, and certainly not longer than the 6 month deadline!

"Oh, sweet summer child" I hear you say and yeah sure, that was all before I started reading this forum and discovered that IRCC is just chaos. After my second call to them I found out I've been relegated to the dreaded "Review Required" dimension, despite being told after my first call that everything was fine, which either means I was lied to or they hadn't looked at my application at all in the first 6 months (either scenario is kinda not great).

The RR is for LOE duties, which my ex-employer refused to provide on the letter when I asked for it 8 months ago because it was against their policy. I didn't cause a fuss because the duties for my line of work are very distinct and will be more-or-less the same for every country on the planet so I thought it was self-explanatory and that anyone looking at my application might apply common sense but I guess that didn't happen, so here I am. smh, as they say. After much begging and pleading I got an updated letter and submitted it, but still not even a hint of progress.

236 days in with no end in sight beyond the brick wall I'm banging my head against. It could be next Monday, it could be another 6 months, who knows? Isn't this fun? Attempting to communicate with IRCC is like shouting into a black hole. Blood from a stone and all that.

Anyway, I have a contact in Canada and I'm going to get them to apply for my GCMS notes this weekend because this feels like the only thing left to do before I get carted off to the asylum.

Cheers guys
Hi,

I’m sending you the biggest and most comforting HUG one could possibly send to a stranger across the world through the web.

P.S.
Common sense is non existent at CIC.

Reactions: draxxemsklounst

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Howdy!

So I've finally gone and created an account after silently lurking in this thread since ~November. You obviously don't know me, but I feel like I know most of you and have been an invisible passenger and loyal groupie for all your tumultuous journeys towards PR. I've shared your excitement, your frustration, the impatience, despair and anxiety every step of the way. The multi-daily GCKey account checks, the missed heartbeats with every new email notification, the awkward questions from family and friends about why I'm still here weeks after I told them I'd be in Canada... oh and don't get me started on Mathew.

Can I be honest with you guys? I didn't want to sign up here, not because you don't all seem like the coolest humans (which you totally do) but because I felt signing up would be an admission that my visa wasn't going to arrive on time, or even any time soon. A feeling I've held onto every minute since my 6 months post-AOR came and went in December; but this is it. Another week ends, I've hit my low point and I need to vent.

Maybe I should have opened by standing up and declaring "My name is ____ and I'm a PR-oholic" because this thread and the wider forum feel like a support group for an obsession that is steadily eating away at my soul and taking years off my life expectancy. The wait has become insufferable, but at least I know I'm not the only one still waiting. Still, feeling completely powerless, sucks huh?

FSW-O UK, AOR June 17th single applicant, no proper updates at all since medical passed on June 30th. Oh, well, I did get a pretty sweet progress bar to stare at (it has broken through the edge of my computer screen and just keeps going). Like many others I thought my application was pretty straightforward and I'd get my COPR within a couple of months, and certainly not longer than the 6 month deadline!

"Oh, sweet summer child" I hear you say and yeah sure, that was all before I started reading this forum and discovered that IRCC is just chaos. After my second call to them I found out I've been relegated to the dreaded "Review Required" dimension, despite being told after my first call that everything was fine, which either means I was lied to or they hadn't looked at my application at all in the first 6 months (either scenario is kinda not great).

The RR is for LOE duties, which my ex-employer refused to provide on the letter when I asked for it 8 months ago because it was against their policy. I didn't cause a fuss because the duties for my line of work are very distinct and will be more-or-less the same for every country on the planet so I thought it was self-explanatory and that anyone looking at my application might apply common sense but I guess that didn't happen, so here I am. smh, as they say. After much begging and pleading I got an updated letter and submitted it, but still not even a hint of progress.

236 days in with no end in sight beyond the brick wall I'm banging my head against. It could be next Monday, it could be another 6 months, who knows? Isn't this fun? Attempting to communicate with IRCC is like shouting into a black hole. Blood from a stone and all that.

Anyway, I have a contact in Canada and I'm going to get them to apply for my GCMS notes this weekend because this feels like the only thing left to do before I get carted off to the asylum.

Cheers guys
E-hugs, Drax.
When did you provide the new work experience letter?
You're welcome to our thread btw. We'll stand by you through this waiting period, and there'll be no asylum for you.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
E-hugs, Drax.
When did you provide the new work experience letter?
You're welcome to our thread btw. We'll stand by you through this waiting period, and there'll be no asylum for you.

Liar liar pants on fire!

Marcus12

Jan 12, 2019
Hi,
When I ordered my first gcms note, all activities and information regarding my wife was redacted and there was an advice in the corresponding email as below.

"Please note that when submitting a new request, although not mandatory, if possible it would be appreciated by our office if you could provide the consent for your spouse, sponsor(s), co-signor and all dependents or a proof of custody in applicable cases to allow release of their personal information. This would increase the amount of information you would receive in your file"

Few days ago I ordered another gcms note and forgot to attache the consent. Do you know if I can send the consent form now( after submitting the atip request). If so, how?

Last edited:

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi buddy any update yet on your passports ??
No buddy, no updates. I thought I would atleast see application approved update till now. But nothing. Hopefully next week. Have been carefully monitoring immi tracker for passport.

Reactions: Mr@P

Onion mim

Nov 5, 2018
Algeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Howdy!

Cheers guys

Hi, I've just read your publication and hope your PR mail will be issued soon. I'm in the same situation as my employeer don't usually provide a duties list with the proof of experience, but my job, as yours, has a distinct duties and are the same in every country, nevertheless, I've moved to ip2 in october 23th and my file is still pending I don't know why.... I would ask you how did you solve that problem? what document did you provide to IRCC as a prove of your job experience?

Reactions: NotSoExpress