Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
The Progress bar finally makes no progress. It's reached its end & my application is suddenly complex. :rolleyes:
Can you IT gurus here volunteer to help CIC design a better progress bar for free once we land? As a thank you to the Government:D

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I have been searching for email of local VO offices. No luck.
Try raising a CSE to inquire. I once emailed Ottawa to ask for CIO Sydney's email address. I got a reply that the CIO could be reached via CSE.

bezos

Jul 4, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
28-06-2018
Passport Req..
09-01-2019
That's a general response they give to status inquiry.
While I don't think raising a CSE works for changing PPRs, (I believe NDVO will send a request to Ottawa & your local VO)I did raise one and got a non generic response.
Here's what I typed in the enquiry box.

I received a passport request email today from New Delhi Visa Office to submit my Passport at the VFS in New Delhi but I'm based in Nigeria and the VFS in Nigeria has refused to accept the passports for submission to New Delhi. They have requested that a new Ready for Visa letter with an Accra location be brought to them. I'll appreciate your help in the change of location to Accra Visa Office

I'll advise that you wait. Sometimes it takes a few days. You could also email ADVO or call your local VFS to find out if they transmit Passports to ADVO & if ADVO processes passport request that come from another visa ofifce.
That's what @Arod did.
Thanks @tobs

I checked with VFS in Abu Dhabi and they do not transmit to New Delhi. I have raised a CSE as well (apart from replying to NDVO yesterday), just to be sure that the matter is attended.
Now will wait for a few days till they issue from ADVO.

Reactions: NareshC and tobs

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
That's a general response they give to status inquiry.
While I don't think raising a CSE works for changing PPRs, (I believe NDVO will send a request to Ottawa & your local VO)I did raise one and got a non generic response.
Here's what I typed in the enquiry box.

I received a passport request email today from New Delhi Visa Office to submit my Passport at the VFS in New Delhi but I'm based in Nigeria and the VFS in Nigeria has refused to accept the passports for submission to New Delhi. They have requested that a new Ready for Visa letter with an Accra location be brought to them. I'll appreciate your help in the change of location to Accra Visa Office

I'll advise that you wait. Sometimes it takes a few days. You could also email ADVO or call your local VFS to find out if they transmit Passports to ADVO & if ADVO processes passport request that come from another visa ofifce.
That's what @Arod did.
I received a response to my CSE today and they told me to refer to the PPR email that CPC Ottawa sent.

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Received my PPR!! Best of luck to all those who are waiting, just keep holding on..your time is coming! Takes a lot of patience but eventually it will come!

Timeline is as follows:
AOR: Jun 20, 2018
IP1: Jul 5, 2018
IP2: Nov 6, 2018
Ghost Update: Dec 6, 2018
PPR: Jan 9, 2019

Other info: Called CIC twice...my file was processed in Ottawa...
congratulaton. what was your eligibility and security status before you got it ?

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016

I have just noticed in my ATIP note that the case analyst stated wrong NOC code for my current job. As stated in my letter it should be 2173 but it is 0021 in the note. Although the case analyst wrote that "consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category". My status is recommended pass.

I was wondering if this blunder from the case analyst can be a reason why application is taking so long. Should I raise CSE regarding this? I am CEC applicant.

Any advice will be appreciated.

@cansha @tobs @legalfalcon

Hanna1

Oct 2, 2018
AOR Received.
04-06-2018
Received my PPR!! Best of luck to all those who are waiting, just keep holding on..your time is coming! Takes a lot of patience but eventually it will come!

Timeline is as follows:
AOR: Jun 20, 2018
IP1: Jul 5, 2018
IP2: Nov 6, 2018
Ghost Update: Dec 6, 2018
PPR: Jan 9, 2019

Other info: Called CIC twice...my file was processed in Ottawa...
Congrats!!!:):):)
Can't believe there was a month between the approval and the PPR!!!!

Reactions: SomeOne89

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
We have three votes for the "W" group and one vote or the "T" group.
We need more votes.
While "W" is more commonly Accepted and easier to use imo @cansha makes a good point for "T" because no matter when someone joins they'll be able to see the chat history from inception. (But would anyone really want to read through 50,000 messages?:D)

Ps: "W" stands for whats*** group and "T" for Telegr** group.
W group!

Reactions: tobs

ChennaiUser

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hello Folks,

I will be landing at Toronto in second week of March. I am from South of India and speak English, Tamil, Hindi & Kannada. I am trying to find a Room/Shared Accommodation in GTA, in which I would be staying for a year, as I am planning to bring my family only after that. I am looking for a safe, well connected and close to city centre neighbourhood. Would like to hear from folks who have any information about Room/Shared Accommodation.

Thanks,
Srinivas