+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Good day everyone,

My MP told me that cic told him my PR was approved on Tuesday the 7th of Jan 2019
Didn’t receive the PPR yet
So I raised CSE and also sent an email to NDVO
Despite the fact that I’m in Canada (inland applicant”
That what the expert here told me
I have a question, can someone work with CORP, because the PR card takes around 60 days.
Thanks in advance guys
Congratulations. Would you mind sharing what was the last eligibility and security status?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Good day everyone,

My MP told me that cic told him my PR was approved on Tuesday the 7th of Jan 2019
Didn’t receive the PPR yet
So I raised CSE and also sent an email to NDVO
Despite the fact that I’m in Canada (inland applicant”
That what the expert here told me
I have a question, can someone work with CORP, because the PR card takes around 60 days.
Thanks in advance guys
You can work with a SIN. PR card is essentially for travel not an identity card to be used within Canada.
Once you land and get your SIN you can work.

bezos

Jul 4, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
28-06-2018
Passport Req..
09-01-2019
Congrats. Just email NDVO, ADVO may not be able to help you.
Dear @tobs
I have already emailed NDVO for change in VO.

Coincidentally, CPC replied to my CSE web query dated 8th Jan today, and they stated that "

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

I am really confused why this is the status in their records. I have also not yet received any reply from NDVO....any thoughts?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Dear @tobs

Coincidentally, CPC replied to my CSE web query dated 8th Jan today, and they stated that "

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

I am really confused why this is the status in their records. I have also not yet received any reply from NDVO....any thoughts?
Its a copy paste response. Don't worry about it.

Reactions: bezos

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks @cansha
So I activate my CORP, I believe I dont need to get to the border
Just go to one of their offices here
As far as I know it can only be done at a border / port of entry. I may be wrong. And I think what @tobs said above makes more sense. In addition of activating your PR you may need a new SIN. From what I understand the starting digits for a PR SIN are different from a non PR SIN.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Dear @tobs

That's a general response they give to status inquiry.
While I don't think raising a CSE works for changing PPRs, (I believe NDVO will send a request to Ottawa & your local VO)I did raise one and got a non generic response.
Here's what I typed in the enquiry box.

I received a passport request email today from New Delhi Visa Office to submit my Passport at the VFS in New Delhi but I'm based in Nigeria and the VFS in Nigeria has refused to accept the passports for submission to New Delhi. They have requested that a new Ready for Visa letter with an Accra location be brought to them. I'll appreciate your help in the change of location to Accra Visa Office

I'll advise that you wait. Sometimes it takes a few days. You could also email ADVO or call your local VFS to find out if they transmit Passports to ADVO & if ADVO processes passport request that come from another visa ofifce.
That's what @Arod did.

dr.luca

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
You can work with a SIN. PR card is essentially for travel not an identity card to be used within Canada.
Once you land and get you
Once you land and get your SIN you can work.
Thanks for your prompt response
How long does it take to get a SIN number ?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@Tgal I can see your dm but I can't reply for some reason. Can you resend your message?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@dr.luca
You can get it the day you land if it's a weekday (because you're inland, you won't be landing at an airport you'll have to go to their office.) I hear it takes less than an hour.

Reactions: dr.luca

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
We have three votes for the "W" group and one vote or the "T" group.
We need more votes.
While "W" is more commonly Accepted and easier to use imo @cansha makes a good point for "T" because no matter when someone joins they'll be able to see the chat history from inception. (But would anyone really want to read through 50,000 messages?:D)

Ps: "W" stands for whats*** group and "T" for Telegr** group.

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
in the website it is written that Ottawa wont reply if they are not processing your file. ottawa is not replying to me as well. i do not have updated atip note so i do not know if my VO changed but i know some inland applicants got their VO changed to Vancouver and Calgary.

• We will only respond to enquiries regarding Permanent Resident Visa applications currently being processed at CPC-O.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-ottawa-ontario.html

I have mailed ottawa twice. Once on 21st dec and again on 8th Jan. I am suspecting my VO got changed.
My VO is winnipeg. Does anyone here have the email for Winnipeg visa office?