+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Rahulmodi9669

Dec 13, 2018
Hey guys!
I jus wanted more information or validation about what actually happens during the IP1 and IP2 stages?
My Profile is 7th June AOR with Meds passed on 21st with IP1 stage initiated the same day and my BGS changed to IP2 on 17th October.
So my question is.. what actually happens during IP1 and IP2 stages?
So in IP1 stage, are my documents being verified during this stage only or the verification actually starts at IP2 stage? Or is it during IP2 stage, they only check for my criminality records? Or is it something else?
Im a bit confused!
If someone can elucidate both the stages clearly it wud be a great stress reliever for me.
Thanks in advance!
Happy holidays to everyone!

Reactions: venkatesh87

vickymalhotra

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Need sugession on next action item. Stuck in IP2 from 1st Nov and my AOR 27th june.

Completed 6 months yesterday. Last time I talked to agent on 28th Oct and she confirmed that eligibility is met but security and criminality not started.

Primary VO : CPC OTTAWA
SECONDARY VO: CIO

I have no updates post that and looks like there call centre is too busy after Christmas vacation. It is not even allowing to join waiting Q..

Reactions: Nishika22

Pookie89

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hi Guys just sharing my timeline from Visa request to COPR
VO: Kingston Jamaica
PPR: Nov 26th
Passport sent: December 11th
Pp received : Dec 12th
COPR: Dec 20th
Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way it was greatly appreciated I know the wait can be tiering but it will work out in the end.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Happy that you are hopeful ;)

I am looking at 2nd/3rd week of Jan on my Calendar.

Taking a holiday this 31st amd going for a lovely roadtrip with my lovely wifey....! :)
Awww! Sounds like such fun! Also, 31st sets the tone for the entire year - so spending it on a lovely roadtrip with the better half sounds like the best way to kickstart 2019 :)
Psst: I see a 'roadtrip' to Canada next for both you and your lovely wifey ;)

Reactions: mathansri

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Need sugession on next action item. Stuck in IP2 from 1st Nov and my AOR 27th june.

Completed 6 months yesterday. Last time I talked to agent on 28th Oct and she confirmed that eligibility is met but security and criminality not started.

Primary VO : CPC OTTAWA
SECONDARY VO: CIO

I have no updates post that and looks like there call centre is too busy after Christmas vacation. It is not even allowing to join waiting Q..
Hmmm, you mention you're stuck in IP2 from 1st Nov AND that both Security as well as Criminality not started last time you checked. As of now, you can be sure that at least one of them had to have started for you to move to the IP2 alert: 'We are processing your background checks'.
So, if you call up CIC and confirm what triggered your move to IP2 - you'll hopefully know if your Criminality and/or Security have moved in the interim. I've been able to get through far more easily the last time I called (20Dec18) than previous attempts. Else, ordering GCMS notes is the only other way to go!
Best of luck! :)

Reactions: vickymalhotra

Explorer77

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-06-2018
Hi,

My application completed 6 months on 26 June 2018 and I raised a CSE to understand what's causing the delay for my application. Just to give a background - I spoke with the IRCC agent this month where she informed that my security was in progress and upon completion the application will be sent for a final review.

My question is - Is it a routine process?

This is the response I got when raised a CSE:
  • Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on June, 2018.
  • The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on July 11, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the CPC in Ottawa, Ontario. The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • The background verifications are currently being reviewed

Reactions: vickymalhotra

vickymalhotra

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Hmmm, you mention you're stuck in IP2 from 1st Nov AND that both Security as well as Criminality not started last time you checked. As of now, you can be sure that at least one of them had to have started for you to move to the IP2 alert: 'We are processing your background checks'.
So, if you call up CIC and confirm what triggered your move to IP2 - you'll hopefully know if your Criminality and/or Security have moved in the interim. I've been able to get through far more easily the last time I called (20Dec18) than previous attempts. Else, ordering GCMS notes is the only other way to go!
Best of luck! :)
Thanks.. Will again try to call today to get the status.

Brian Noronha

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
Hi,

My application completed 6 months on 26 June 2018 and I raised a CSE to understand what's causing the delay for my application. Just to give a background - I spoke with the IRCC agent this month where she informed that my security was in progress and upon completion the application will be sent for a final review.

My question is - Is it a routine process?

This is the response I got when raised a CSE:
  • Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on June, 2018.
  • The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on July 11, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the CPC in Ottawa, Ontario. The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • The background verifications are currently being reviewed
I got the exact response when I raised a CSE yesterday.

ChiragShetty20

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Sheesh! These guys are beyond ridiculous - now it’s just irritating :confused: The same generic response to all our queries - it’s like that stupid progress bar all over again...When will you learn from past mistakes, CIC???
I believe security is pending. It's the case with most of us. Even the call center employees don't have a answer for this delay.
I hope they complete these pending applications soon. Most people are stuck with security not started.

Reactions: Nishika22

Explorer77

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-06-2018
I hope they complete these pending applications soon. Most people are stuck with security not started.
When I spoke with them 2 weeks ago, I was told clearly that my security is in progress and once it's done, my file will be sent for a final review. I guess this is the final review. Hope to receive a PPR mail real soon.

Reactions: abd90 and Nishika22