FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Sigh..if only it was of any help! I knew my file is approved, I wanted them to notice my file and send me PPR.
It is a great sign. That you received this communication and you completed 6 months on 12th, I would suggest you call them today and act as if you did not read their mail response yet. Tell them 6 months are over. You might just receive your PPR on Monday/Tuesday.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018

None that I know of. Most of my class mates that got jobs in marketing firms here, didn’t need to have any particular certifications for their roles.

Just like someone mentioned on the thread, Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn are great tools for job searching. And also different job fairs held at different times if the year in the province of your choice will be a good opportunity to network and get information.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
None that I know of. Most of my class mates that got jobs in marketing firms here, didn’t need to have any particular certifications for their roles.

Just like someone mentioned on the thread, Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn are great tools for job searching. And also different job fairs held at different times if the year in the province of your choice will be a good opportunity to network and get information.
Thank you @HFL2018 if I may ask, would you have any suggestions on locations for IT Industry Marketing jobs?

Also, I have contemplated to try academics (professing in Marketing domain), do you know of any certifications or licenses here?

Reactions: HFL2018 and tobs

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
It is a great sign. That you received this communication and you completed 6 months on 12th, I would suggest you call them today and act as if you did not read their mail response yet. Tell them 6 months are over. You might just receive your PPR on Monday/Tuesday.
Gone through in second try, current waiting time is 32 minutes!

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
This thought just came across my mind...
I think they are holding up our PPR just so that they can distribute them as a New Year's gift to all of us!
#TooOptimistic
I’d rather have it for christmas, thanks :D

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
I can't find the original post to offer some comfort to Tan.
Here you go....copy and paste the below, replace curved brackets with square ones at beginning and end.

(QUOTE="tanush14, post: 7448575, member: 766935"]Ladies & Gentlemen!
I am thrilled to announce that...

My file has been moved to Sydney, NS.:([/QUOTE)

Reactions: tanush14 and tobs

Durgamerupati

Jul 19, 2017
Hello everyone

I have received my PPR on November 26
But as my spouse is in India ,I have requested for alternative instructions .

Didn’t receive any response till date

I sent my passport .it got delivered today .

Now the CIC agent says my spouse won’t be able to get a request until my stamping is done .Is that true ?

And will there be an update on my profile about receiving the passport by them ?
Cic agent says there won’t be one ,next update will be dispatch !

Any comments ??
@cansha @legalfalcon and all others !!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello everyone

I have received my PPR on November 26
But as my spouse is in India ,I have requested for alternative instructions .

Didn’t receive any response till date

I sent my passport .it got delivered today .

Now the CIC agent says my spouse won’t be able to get a request until my stamping is done .Is that true ?

And will there be an update on my profile about receiving the passport by them ?
Cic agent says there won’t be one ,next update will be dispatch !

Any comments ??
@cansha @legalfalcon and all others !!
That agent is full of s***. I mean these calls are recorded and I don't know why they are being allowed to say whatever they feel like. Morons!
There are many cases here where spouse in India got PPR request before the candidate. I suggest reaching out to VFS directly and checking with them and rather than talking to agents raise a CSE. If you already did that do it again.

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
Spoke to an agent again today. Got one new piece of information, when I asked if there’s a secondary visa office on my file, she mentioned I might receive my PPR from the visa office in Dhaka. This is news to me as previously visas were processed from outside Bangladesh.

Not sure if she was saying this because I am from Bangladesh or if a LVO has been assigned to my case.

When asked if I can expect something by this year, she said not to have high hopes and expect it in January:s

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Spoke to an agent again today. Got one new piece of information, when I asked if there’s a secondary visa office on my file, she mentioned I might receive my PPR from the visa office in Dhaka. This is news to me as previously visas were processed from outside Bangladesh.

When asked if I can expect something by this year, she said not to have high hopes and expect it in January:s
That's super convenient for them.

Kiki_tonia

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
NOC1121
AOR Received.
31-05-2018
Passport Req..
06-02-2019
Hello @Kiki_tonia, are you also in Accra VO? Please do you know of any AVO whatsapp group? Thank you
Hi,
Yes am in Accra VO. There is a whatsapp group but I took a temporary leave of absence from the group. I'll get someone to add you. Maybe you'll send me a PM with your number so I can get someone to add you?

Reactions: tobs

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Just finished the call...

Me: Got a reply for my CSE that a decision has been made but I didn't receive the PPR, why?
Agent (after checking): Your file was approved on 5th Nov and currently in Sydney, Nova Scotia and your six months only ended couple of days ago so you are within the processing time.
Me: When I will get PPR?
Agent: Your file is currently in process to transfer to Ottawa and they will send you passport request email. We cannot tell you exact date but you should get the email from Ottawa office soon.

Feeling like a football, IRCC is kicking around Ottawa and Sydney o_O