+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018

Experts..need your help to decode this.
I know that my file is approved on nov 6 and it is at sydney.My notes got generated on same day.
So , my 1st concern is..am i in security screening?
And do u see anything wierd in notes thats stopping PPR?
Your concerns are invalid. SS is done before approval as it’s part of BGC and they can not approve a file unless BGC is cleared.
The reason for delayed PPR after approval is a mystery and many on this forum are in the same situation, File approved more than a month ago and no PPR yet.
So all you have to do is wait for the golden email, nothing to worry about.
Congratulations!!

Pris

May 11, 2018
Your concerns are invalid. SS is done before approval as it’s part of BGC and they can not approve a file unless BGC is cleared.
The reason for delayed PPR after approval is a mystery and many on this forum are in the same situation, File approved more than a month ago and no PPR yet.
Congratulations!!
But why the section on security is blank?

dineshroy1

Nov 1, 2018
Congratulations!!
Thank you..can you have a look at security section on assesments section..it is still blank..does this mean anything?

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Thank you..can you have a look at security section on assesments section..it is still blank..does this mean anything?
I don’t see any reason for you to be in SS. Still if you are not sure, check Activity 1-5 in you notes. If you are/were in SS, you will see S.15 or S.16 in one of these activities.

IndiaSeCanada

Dec 4, 2018
Hey Guys,
I am little worried now. Please see below my timelines. I am about to touch 6 months timeline and no updates yet.
AOR:June 09
Meds/IP1:June 16
IP2: June 16
Ghost update: Oct 25
VO: Sydney

Is there anyone near to this?

dishant.dev

Feb 27, 2018
7th June AOR
16th October IP2
19th October ghost update
No PPR email
Visa office: Nova Scotia
Looks like have to wait for long now..
Can we contact visa office directly?

dkatkade

Jun 30, 2018
Got to know from a call centre agent that m ly case is approved in the 1st week of November... However just to be sure, I raised a web form enquiring about the application details.. got an reply saying that the application is still in progress.
Has anyone encountered similar situation before?

Last edited:
Reactions: B. B.

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
Got to know from a call centre agent that m ly case is approved in the 1st week of September... However just to be sure, I raised a web form enquiring about the application details.. got an reply saying that the application is still in progress.
Has anyone encountered similar situation before?
Oh shit, you mean for almost 3 months you r waiting for nothing!!!
I dont know what the hell they r doing!!

dineshroy1

Nov 1, 2018
I don’t see any reason for you to be in SS. Still if you are not sure, check Activity 1-5 in you notes. If you are/were in SS, you will see S.15 or S.16 in one of these activities.
Well, I don't see anything of that sort in Activity 1-5. Finally, I have nothing much to infer from notes!!
Do you think I should order one more set to check for any movement in the past 1 month or wait till my 6 months is complete?

Njoseph26

Nov 14, 2018
Any plans to call CIC? we share almost similar timeline.
Yeah I called them last night. The agent was really supportive and asked me whether I had called before, when I told them that I was waiting for 6 months timeline to be over, he seemed more receptive. He informed me that my security, criminality and BG check everything is completed and passed however he doesn't have any information on whether file is approved or not.
He also told me that since I called after my 6 months are over, he is raising a request on my behalf although I do not know how he is doing that maybe some internal way I am not sure.

For the call, I called 6 times before they put me in a queue where I waited 45-50 minutes. I called using hangouts.