+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Hi
Is there any one who did his landing at Edmonton office. If yes please :
-how many time it tooks to get the appointment ( means from the day calling Ircc)
- They contact through mail or phone,
- They gave us the choice of date or they diretly gave us one
Thanks

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hey guys,

I am bit confused about IP1 / IP2 status. How do one know whether he is in IP1 or IP2? Is it strictly based on updates to account (and subsequently one receiving e-mail saying your account has been updated?) OR based on status shown in profile?

I have not received any updates to my account after medical passed however, my status is:

Review of eligibility-> We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - > You passed the medical exam.
Background check -> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - > Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Can you share your timeline?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I'm planning to call IRCC again tomorrow, as my hope for PPR is diminishing rapidly. I had a ghost update on August 30 and a few days later an agent confirmed the application was approved and I would receive news within a couple of days. It's been 9 business days since the "approval" and I'm worried that (a) they forgot to send an email/sent to wrong address (b) the agent made a mistake and my application wasn't approved at all - perhaps transferred to a different office instead?

eedwards92

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
22-05-2018
Med's Request
05-06-2018
I'm planning to call IRCC again tomorrow, as my hope for PPR is diminishing rapidly. I had a ghost update on August 30 and a few days later an agent confirmed the application was approved and I would receive news within a couple of days. It's been 9 business days since the "approval" and I'm worried that (a) they forgot to send an email/sent to wrong address (b) the agent made a mistake and my application wasn't approved at all - perhaps transferred to a different office instead?
Ive seen up to 3 weeks after ghost update

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Agent will only tell you approved when he will see the same notes mentioned on your file, so I would trust the agent on this. However, there are cases where sometimes it took more than 2 weeks after approval/ghost update to get the PPR email, so you don't need to keep your hopes high.
When you call the agent, you can check below..
1. On what date was your file approved.
2. What are the email addresses associated with your file/account.
3. Is there any activity on your file after it was approved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vitesze

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Hey guys,

I am bit confused about IP1 / IP2 status. How do one know whether he is in IP1 or IP2? Is it strictly based on updates to account (and subsequently one receiving e-mail saying your account has been updated?) OR based on status shown in profile?

I have not received any updates to my account after medical passed however, my status is:

Review of eligibility-> We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - > You passed the medical exam.
Background check -> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - > Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi
I m not expert but I ll share with you my experience.
- IRCC ‘s process there is no IP1 or IP2, some experts explained already that.
- If you want to know, call the IRCC ask about the statut of criminality, eligibility and security.
The agent will tell you one by one exemple criminality : passed or not started. Eligibility: met , passed , reciew .. etc.
- In the application nothing will change until the passport will be stamped.
Hope this will help you, for me it had worked.

Reactions: Jt1 and jaggeo

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Agent will only tell you approved when he will see in the same notes mentioned on your file, so I would trust the agent on this. However, there are cases where sometimes it took more than 2 weeks after approval/ghost update to get the PPR email, so you don't need to keep your hopes high.
When you call the agent, you can check below..
1. On what date was your file approved.
2. What are the email addresses associated with your file/account.
3. Is there any activity on your file after it was approved.
1. She mentioned August 30. At this point I hadn't even mentioned my Ghost Update yet on that day. 100% something happened August 30.
2. she listed three e-mail addresses - the first one (oldest) she mentioned was one I no longer have access to anymore, but I didn't think too much of it as I changed the email in MyCIC almost two years ago and since then have always received emails/notifications to the correct email. Email address #2 and #3 are the ones I've been checking so far. GCMS Notes show email #2.
3. No activity since my Ghost Update.

I suppose technically they could have sent the email to the invalid one - but this would be gross negligence on CIC's side as I changed my preferred email ages ago and without calling wouldn't even have known they still had this in their system.

Last edited:

tanujmuley

Aug 15, 2018
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
26-06-2018
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
Ghost Update!

I had not checked my CIC profile since past 6 days. But I couldn’t control myself today and checked it, it said, Application/profile update. Could this be a ghost update?

It was a ghost update. I got my PPR mail today.

Timeline:

AOR- 12th June
MEP- 26th June
IP2- 17th August
PPR-12th September!

All the best everyone. And I hope you guys get the PPR mail soon. It is definitely worth the wait. Cheers

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
It was a ghost update. I got my PPR mail today.

Timeline:

AOR- 12th June
MEP- 26th June
IP2- 17th August
PPR-12th September!

All the best everyone. And I hope you guys get the PPR mail soon. It is definitely worth the wait. Cheers
Hey Congratulations!!! I told you, You will get your PPR this month! I am also fsw-o June 12 AOR, GCMS notes says eligibility recommended passed but still stuck in IP1. Anyway I am very happy for you, All the best for your journey ahead :)

Reactions: gagandeeprana