+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just got off the phone with an IRCC agent and seems like I should be expecting my golden email soon!

I asked him about my ghost update that I received on Monday morning. He looked and confirmed that I received that email because "everything was cleared." According to him, my eligibility, criminality, medical and security had all been cleared on that day.

He advised me to wait for the PPR request, which has yet been sent out but should be sent out soon. If what he said was true, my application was processed really fast in less than 2 months.
That's great news!! Enjoy and Congrats!

Reactions: EECEC

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I need to update my application and provide new passport details for dependent on my application. The current one is expiring in Feb so now it will have less than 6 months validity. I was hoping :) to get PPR before August to avoid that. :)

So I know I can raise a CSE and provide new passport details. Has anyone gone through the process and tell me how long they will take to update the application details? And do I need to attach a LOE or just say in the web form why am I providing new passport copy. Thanks for your help!

meenal31

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hahaha. Right. After I spent my whole morning reading my GCMS notes I decided to call them, which I just did. And I was informed over the phone just now that everything was cleared including security and my application "should be approved". He advised me to wait for PPR email:D
That's a great news ! I also received my GCMS notes today and I have no idea how to read them . Its like 250 pages document. what exactly or rather which page should i read to know exact staus if you could please help. Thanks

lvoldemort1127

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Category........
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Don't know about him but in some cases life is not as enjoyable as you could expect :( hence why we are disposed for immigration. Of course that's not referencing every case but it happens, although I have to say the support in this thread has been amazing and it's great to see dream by dream coming true, even if slowly. We will all get there guys! just a little bit more to go :)
Yeah, you are right. I, too, sometimes feel frustrated about life. Just have a little faith.

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
That's a great news ! I also received my GCMS notes today and I have no idea how to read them . Its like 250 pages document. what exactly or rather which page should i read to know exact staus if you could please help. Thanks
Wow. 250 pages??? I would say take a quick glance on the notes and see if there's anything concerns you. For me, I focused on my first few pages where it showed where my visa offices were; then i looked at EE- Eligibility assessment, where they took notes about my employer, employment letter and education. Everything looked fine and I went down to the very bottom to look at the case analyst's notes, which were long and detailed; had key words like R10, A11.2, R87.1, CRS Score calculation and so on.

I am not an expert tho!

Reactions: rejozach

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
I was about to order new GCMS, when I logged in to my GC Account to find my Application number.

I just received my Ghost update :eek::eek::eek: - "Application/profile updated", but when I check all details are still exactly the same, and there's no new messages.

I had already paid for my notes (through getGCMS) so I'm going to order them anyhow - guess it will be fun reading their comments on my application either way.
spookyyyyyyyy ;)

Reactions: Vitesze

Aryan7

Mar 2, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I need to update my application and provide new passport details for dependent on my application. The current one is expiring in Feb so now it will have less than 6 months validity. I was hoping :) to get PPR before August to avoid that. :)

So I know I can raise a CSE and provide new passport details. Has anyone gone through the process and tell me how long they will take to update the application details? And do I need to attach a LOE or just say in the web form why am I providing new passport copy. Thanks for your help!
Yes, you have to write LOE and explain them why the passport is attached. Don’t forget to write your UCI and EE application number in LOE. You will receive their reply in 20-30 days. They will forward your LOE etc to concern VO for their review and you will be contacted if any thing else is required during the process of your application.
Good luck!

Reactions: tobs and cansha

John_Play

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Primary Applicant - Canada, Dependent Applicant - India
June 12, 2018 - AOR
June 28, 2018 - Medical Passed
June 29, 2018 - IP2 (Back ground check is in progress)
August 03, 2018 - Change in wording in offer letter requested (Depends on the letter, they may accept/refuse)
August 11, 2018 - Reference letter submitted (instead of offer letter wording change)
August 29, 2018 - Ghost update
August 30, 2018 - Received "Request Letter" in my IRCC account asking dependent to submit passports

Request Letter starts with

"If you're the primary applicant currently residing in Canada and are in the process of being scheduled for a landing appointment. Please do not submit your passport to the visa office. The information in this letter only pertains to your accompanying dependent."

Called IRCC to get clarifications since I am neither asked for passport nor scheduled for a landing appointment till now.
IRCC agent himself do not aware of this reason and said the reason could be primary applicant and dependent applicant are in different location. He is going to reach VISA office who issued this letter for further clarifications. But the bottom line is that my application is approved.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Request Letter starts with

"If you're the primary applicant currently residing in Canada and are in the process of being scheduled for a landing appointment. Please do not submit your passport to the visa office. The information in this letter only pertains to your accompanying dependent."

Called IRCC to get clarifications since I am neither asked for passport nor scheduled for a landing appointment till now.
IRCC agent himself do not aware of this reason and said the reason could be primary applicant and dependent applicant are in different location. He is going to reach VISA office who issued this letter for further clarifications. But the bottom line is that my application is approved.
I would assume it's so they can attach a visa to your dependents passports so they can enter Canada? It wouldn't make sense however to request this from you, since you're already in Canada.

To me this seems like PPR and confirmation that your application was approved. They will probably also schedule a landing interview for you shortly.

Reactions: Texture

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
Hello Everyone,

Not sure if you are asking for updating passport info or just CSE in general.

Regarding the passport, I have read people have raised a CSE and when they get the PPR, they send both passports just in case, the expired one so they can check the info in your application and the new one so they can stamp your visa on it.

Regarding CSE in general, you get to write 1500 words I believe, and then you have the option to attach some documents, they will ask for name, email, DOB, UCI and application number, after you send the CSE you will receive an automated response saying you filed a case through the webform and a couple weeks later (mine took 3 weeks one, 25 days or so the other, even got it on a weekend) they will actually answer it, usually a generic message saying they received the info and X and Y documents, that they have forwarded them to the responsible department and that they will contact you if they require further information, however nothing will change on your gckey profile, at least mine has not so far, not even the additional documents line.

Reactions: tobs and cansha