+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
If I understand correctly.. IP1 stage processing happens at CIO in Canada itself.
Only, when an application moves to NA2 stage, it moves to CPC for which there offices all across the globe. So, trying to find the office where your visa application is being processed only makes sense at this stage..!

1. Please tell me if the above understanding is correct.
2. Is LVO and CPC same? If not, when does LVO come into picture?
3. This is totally unrelated to above questions, but I just want to understand, what is really the best time to order GCMS notes? And, when the notes are delivered, it contains details upto the time notes are delivered, or upto the date when notes were ordered?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
If I understand correctly.. IP1 stage processing happens at CIO in Canada itself.
Only, when an application moves to NA2 stage, it moves to CPC for which there offices all across the globe. So, trying to find the office where your visa application is being processed only makes sense at this stage..!

3. This is totally unrelated to above questions, but I just want to understand, what is really the best time to order GCMS notes? And, when the notes are delivered, it contains details upto the time notes are delivered, or upto the date when notes were ordered?
edit
here is what i learnt from research. this is 100% accurate
ALL applications go to CIO Sydney for completeness check. once completeness check is done the application is transferred for further processing i.e eligibility, criminality, background to a CPC.
if the application is from Canada or USA its sent to CPC Ottawa. If its from other countries its sent to a local Visa Office. so basically LVO is a CPC outside canada.
now which LVO an application goes to depends on geography/case load, nobody knows the answer to this.
Medicals and Security are done by other organizations and your application must wait on them to be approved.

Last edited:

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
edit
here is what i learnt from research. this is 100% accurate
ALL applications go to CIO Sydney for completeness check and medicals. once completeness check is done the application is transferred for further processing i.e eligibility, criminality, background to a CPC.
if the application is from Canada or USA its sent to CPC Ottawa. If its from other countries its sent to a local Visa Office. so basically LVO is a CPC outside canada.
now which LVO an application goes to depends on geography/case load, nobody knows the answer to this.
Thanks a lot.. exactly what I was looking for.. :)
Very helpful indeed.. ! :)

lvoldemort1127

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Category........
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
wow, i just nailed the sign up step of this forums, nice to see you guys.
I'm a FSW-Outland applicant and I've received AOR in Jun 1st, and MEP in Jun 15th, but nothing happened since then.
Anyone with the similar category and timeline?

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Wow. Thanks!

What would it have said for IP1? It looks like I skipped that step all together, which seems crazy.
It would say:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

sur2018

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
ITA: May 9th
eAOR: June 9th
MEP: June 25th
Current Status: BG check IP1 since June 27th

Country of residency and citizenship: UK

Hearing a lot of negative review about London VO? Any specific issues there as wondering if being in UK I end up there?

Pls add me to what's app group: +44-7932337167

Last edited:

phil007

Jul 9, 2018
ITA: 11th of April
AOR: 13th of June
MEP: 28th of June
IP1: 28th of June
Please add me to the whatsapp group: +2348034726859
Thanks

Last edited:

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Question to all those people who received ADR request.

Approximately how long did CIC take to change status from 'We are reviewing the additional documents you provided' to 'We do not need any additional documents.'

I know timelines are case specific.. Still, asking out of curiosity.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ronja5200

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

There has been an obsession of finding which visa office the application is at. Many threads on this forum start with explaining how to find your visa office. Let's get to the crux of it. Finding the visa office was very relevant pre-express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office -
The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - There are 4 case processing offices of IRCC, which are as follows:

Sydney, Nova Scotia - Seals with the following:
  • provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – Non-Express Entry applications
  • Centralized Intake Office – Immigrant Investor Program (IIP)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Start Up Business Class
  • Centralized Intake Office – Self Employed (SE)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Business Class (QBC)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Now has started doing eligibility for EE applications in limited numbers.

Vegreville, Alberta
Deals with Specialized permanent resident application. Those following in the category of Medical needs, work permits, work permits for spouses, study permits, co-op permits. EE applications which have a downgraded category.

This is the place where you EE application will land if any of the members in the application have a medical condition. This is where determinations of refusal, monitoring etc are made.

Now has started doing eligibility for EE applications in limited numbers.

Mississauga, Ontario
Only deals with family class PR applications.
No EE applications are dealt here so far.

Ottawa, Ontario
This is the most important processing office for all EE, and it is also the Local Visa Office for in-land applicants and those applying from USA.

3. Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.

Tracking your application

Unfortunately the only thing that you see is your MyCIC account. There has been a growing trend of speculation where change of status on MyCIC has been attributed to eligibility being passed, etc. The whole NA, IP IP2 is speculation and has no bearing on determining which stage your application is at. While any change of status is a good sign, but merely relying on NA and IP is not the correct way.

Most applicants will find it irrelevant, as their applications will be processed and approved within the first 3-4 months. It is those who wait for more than 4 months, where things go crazy as they keep relying on NA, IP etc, and see no movement or progress. Many other are stuck on so called IP2, and the PPR never seems to come.

So put these speculative theories to rest. As per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, regulations and the ministeral instructions every application goes through the following stages:

R10 (Completeness check)
Medicals
Criminality
A11.2 Eligibility (The most important stage)
Security

To read more on each stage click here. While most applicants will not need to go this deep, but for those who have concerns about the application or it is taking too long should see which stage they are at. Also, the only way to determine the stage is by GCMS notes. To read more on GCMS notes, see the thread here.

ECAS (Electronic Client Application Status) -

This was the most important tool pre EE to track an application and provided much more in-depth status than what MyCIC does. However, after the IRCC moved to the Global Case Management System (AKA GCMS) applications are no longer linked to ECAS.

So there is no point going there and checking.