+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

gubgub

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
As per my knowledge, your criminality is completed because of which you have moved to ip2. Also, they only complete criminality when eligibility is met, so you have crossed biggest hurdle I think so. Other senior members can also share their opinions.
Thanks for the prompt response mate! Hope what you say is the case.... :)

Last edited:

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
I think the files are just lying somewhere and no one is there to have a look at them. Many June applicants in similar situation especially those moved to ip2 after 20 oct. Security takes very less time but they can only start security after eligibility is reviewed by senior officer which might be pending in your case. You are just a step away. Hold on.
Not 'many'. Replace it with 'Infinite' June applicants.. :D

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
As mentioned in my latest post, I moved to IP2 yesterday after waiting for nearly 6 months in the dry lands of IP1. However, I was in the dreaded 'Review Required' pit and am now wondering if my moving to IP2 indicates that the IRCC agent/officer is satisfied with my application as far as the reason that triggered my 'Review required' is concerned. Request senior members to share their thoughts on this..
I see that your VO is Ottawa. And for Ottawians, IP2 is a sign that your criminality is passed and eligibility is met or Recommended passed if not already passed. So yeah, you can celebrate leaving the review required queue. Congrats.

Reactions: Adesua and gubgub

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Yep.
As per my knowledge, your criminality is completed because of which you have moved to ip2. Also, they only complete criminality when eligibility is met, so you have crossed biggest hurdle I think so. Other senior members can also share their opinions.

gubgub

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
I see that your VO is Ottawa. And for Ottawians, IP2 is a sign that your criminality is passed and eligibility is met or Recommended passed if not already passed. So yeah, you can celebrate leaving the review required queue. Congrats.
Thanks @tobs, hope this is indeed the case. Being in 'Review Required' sucks like an industrial vacuum cleaner :)

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks @tobs, hope this is indeed the case. Being in 'Review Required' sucks like an industrial vacuum cleaner :)
Haha. I'm a sucker for corny jokes like these.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I am pretty sure the progress bar will show fully completed for approved applications. Just read the definition of Six month timelines-

The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes a final decision on the application.

So the processing time is already ended for the approved files. It is done when a decision is made not when ppr is sent! Though 90% of us (approved applicants) didn't receive the passport request mail after six months from AOR but IRCC will proudly say "we have processed 80% of the applications within six months". What an eyewash IRCC :mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: bennylee and Adesua

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
I am pretty sure the progress bar will show fully completed for approved applications. Just read the definition of Six month timelines-

The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes a final decision on the application.

So the processing time is already ended for the approved files. It is done when a decision is made not when ppr is sent! Though 90% of us (approved applicants) didn't receive the passport request mail after six months from AOR but IRCC will proudly say "we have processed 80% of the applications within six months". What an eyewash IRCC :mad::mad::mad:
The bigger question is, how will it display the In progress applications. For instance, Eligibility and Criminality are done but not Security.

And how trustworthy, the so called 'Estimated completion date' that they said the Progress bar will show.

qwertySL

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019
I think the files are just lying somewhere and no one is there to have a look at them. Many June applicants in similar situation especially those moved to ip2 after 20 oct. Security takes very less time but they can only start security after eligibility is reviewed by senior officer which might be pending in your case. You are just a step away. Hold on.
But they have time to open August and even September files, and not ours.... how unfair :mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Reactions: Gurpreet1112

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
The bigger question is, how will it display the In progress applications. For instance, Eligibility and Criminality are done but not Security.

And how trustworthy, the so called 'Estimated completion date' that they said the Progress bar will show.
Thats me.. eligibility and criminality are passed.. security is going on.. will let u knw how it shows :)

Reactions: Gurpreet1112

qwertySL

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019

I think this progress bar will be very generic, and it might say the estimated completion date is the day that your six months get completed. Coz who in IRCC will take the trouble to put in a probable completion date when they dont have time to look at our files even. Atleast if they give us updates on Eligibility, Criminality and Security, that will be a big help (ateast for future applicants).

I am going insane here waiting for PPR. My whole life is stagnant due to the delay in PPR....